Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we could see the dissolution of zones within the coming years. Maybe an upper lot zone or two, but it seems that general audiences want more places to relax and catch their breath.

Which is why I think they desperately need to up their show content.. Not replace Jabbawockeez (as much as I'm sick of it) but add more to the roster.. It'd cut down lines and give crowds a chance to breathe.. btw, I seriously doubt Jabbawockeez would receive as much hate if they weren't the ONLY option we had as a show..

Perhaps a dumb question, but could the reasons also extend towards the counters in financing are trying to reduce costs in particular areas; while others (such as Universal Citywalk and the park itself) see growth in what they can do?

I do agree with @Horror Lover, hell, I wouldn't even mind if it was just the DreamWorks Theater operating with random horror films being played all throughout the night. It'd help get people off of the streets, and would allow a nice place to rest up.

Replacing scare zones with places where people can just kinda park it for a minute is not a bad idea, especially if they can make it immersive, almost like an extension of one of the mazes or something. Or add more pop up bars or speakeasies, kinda like Dark Harbor does. A lot of that is almost impossible when you remember that they have to operate a theme park during the day, but maybe there’s a way to make something like that work.

I dont want to cause confusion so I'll say what I can because I can't confirm nor deny any other upcoming projects, but again, A) there may be a silver lining to losing one of the scare zones (I figure yall can guess which one and as to why it might be good... or not), and B) Those on the upper lot may be going for reasons yet undisclosed (but it isn't budget cuts (entirely) nor guest complaints) + these plans can change at any time.

Also, I'm hearing we might have to say goodbye to chainsaw actors soon as well. Lot of drama in that department but unfortunately nothing can be done.

I dont want to cause confusion so I'll say what I can because I can't confirm nor deny any other upcoming projects, but again, A) there may be a silver lining to losing one of the scare zones (I figure yall can guess which one and as to why it might be good... or not), and B) Those on the upper lot may be going for reasons yet undisclosed (but it isn't budget cuts (entirely) nor guest complaints) + these plans can change at any time.

Also, I'm hearing we might have to say goodbye to chainsaw actors soon as well. Lot of drama in that department but unfortunately nothing can be done.
*critical damage* God I hope the chainsaw actors is not true. They are the reason they make HHN amazing. Anyways if there is one scarezone I could guess that’s being taken out then I’m guessing it’s the tunnel.

Budget overruns on other daytime projects/rides?

No one tell Joey...

It's the same reason stilts are out (at least in public). While I know the actors have been very careful I wonder if last years EPN incident was the first/ only straw and management didnt wanna risk it any longer.
Also I personally do not think we'll get fire towers back.

It's the same reason stilts are out (at least in public). While I know the actors have been very careful I wonder if last years EPN incident was the first/ only straw and management didnt wanna risk it any longer.
Also I personally do not think we'll get fire towers back.

Stilts, I believe, are still in the mix but are also under threat due to their cost. The success of the Ringu character last year wasn't lost on management. Haven't heard about the EPN incident so would love some details if it's public knowledge.

Fire tower always comes down to money. They started assembling it before cutting it last year.

Stilts, I believe, are still in the mix but are also under threat due to their cost. The success of the Ringu character last year wasn't lost on management. Haven't heard about the EPN incident so would love some details if it's public knowledge.

Fire tower always comes down to money. They started assembling it before cutting it last year.

Basically a girl broke her leg when trying to avoid a chainsaw actor and no cast member came to her help (according to her) and she posted on twitter about the altercation during EPN. Was kind of gnarly to hear but definitely put chainsaws into question for the rest of the event too. Far as I know it might've made a problem with the union if they fired the actors altogether.

Basically a girl broke her leg when trying to avoid a chainsaw actor and no cast member came to her help (according to her) and she posted on twitter about the altercation during EPN. Was kind of gnarly to hear but definitely put chainsaws into question for the rest of the event too. Far as I know it might've made a problem with the union if they fired the actors altogether.

Interesting. Think I remember seeing her try to gain steam on Twitter but forgot about it. Two takeaways: 1, I never heard real rumblings about the incident, which bodes well. 2, very hard to argue that's an actor's fault, and there's nothing inherent to chainsaws (versus another scare zone performer) that would trigger the incident.

Actors can be fired for misconduct regardless of the union, make no mistake.

Interesting. Think I remember seeing her try to gain steam on Twitter but forgot about it. Two takeaways: 1, I never heard real rumblings about the incident, which bodes well. 2, very hard to argue that's an actor's fault, and there's nothing inherent to chainsaws (versus another scare zone performer) that would trigger the incident.

Actors can be fired for misconduct regardless of the union, make no mistake.
I remember posting about her on EPN, and then radio silence. I doubt she's the reason for all the cutbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.