Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not mad at a Billie Eilish house as I like her music a lot, but it just feels like such a weird pick LMAO. Not the first artist I think of when someone mentions HHN but hey if it gives good scares I don’t really care.

I’m not mad at a Billie Eilish house as I like her music a lot, but it just feels like such a weird pick LMAO. Not the first artist I think of when someone mentions HHN but hey if it gives good scares I don’t really care.

Hell if she can do the Bond theme why not HHN. At least she's got the goth aesthetic down, and clean, white, sterile environments like in Bury a Friend would be an interesting change of pace for HHN.

So it sounds like a Billie Ellish house will be a strong possibility, huh?

A question I have is will this be a straight-up Billie Ellish house (i.e. Alice Cooper), or will it be Klowns 3D where it will be "Insert maze name here: Music by Billie Ellish"?

Regardless, I'm not happy with the direction marketing is forcing the event. Now that the event is becoming more mainstream, having this IP at the event is going to appeal even more to the "Angsty edge-lord emo girlz" and rebellious teeny-boppers. I'm not saying that everyone who listens to her music is like that, but it's going to appeal to a lot of people in that demographic. It's making the event feel more like a glorified baby sitting event for the teens. If there has to be one maze that must be heavy on the budget cuts and black walls, please let it be this.

I wonder if this means we could have 2 music mazes(UCM 3 + WWAFAWDWG) this year just like last year(Holidayz + Wolfman vs Frankenstein) if Slash returns.

So it seems the formula is starting to come into play for this year so far with recent spec:

- TWDA
- Headliner IP: The Conjuring
- Modern IP(s): Jordan Peele’s Candyman + Billie Eilish
- Classic IP(s): ???
- 3/4 Original Mazes: UCM, Billie Eilish, All Hallow’s Evil if we’re lucky, maybe even a 4th based off last year’s reception to them
- Cult Classic IP(s): ???(Betting Creepshow 2.0 + some other stuff)

*WWAFAWDWG = When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? by Billie Eilish
*I’d put some serious $$$ on Creepshow coming back with a Volume 2. Not sure what Classic IP they could tackle this year - I’d hope Thing but they never do it for budget reasons.

I wonder if this means we could have 2 music mazes(UCM 3 + WWAFAWDWG) this year just like last year(Holidayz + Wolfman vs Frankenstein) if Slash returns.

So it seems the formula is starting to come into play for this year so far with recent spec:

- TWDA
- Headliner IP: The Conjuring
- Modern IP(s): Jordan Peele’s Candyman + Billie Eilish
- Classic IP(s): ???
- 3/4 Original Mazes: UCM, Billie Eilish, All Hallow’s Evil if we’re lucky, maybe even a 4th based off last year’s reception to them
- Cult Classic IP(s): ???(Betting Creepshow 2.0 + some other stuff)

*WWAFAWDWG = When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? by Billie Eilish
*I’d put some serious $$$ on Creepshow coming back with a Volume 2. Not sure what Classic IP they could tackle this year - I’d hope Thing but they never do it for budget reasons.

You could argue that Candyman fits the mold; while it's a remake, it's a remake of a somewhat obscure movie.

EDIT: Actually, if there's a good chance that if Warners really is loosening up on the IPs this year, we could be getting Lost Boys as the Cult IP! Plus IT and maybe the Outsider as a few more headlines, mmmm

Last edited:
Double post, but this news came up:

Probably won't affect this year, but I'd bet he has a few horror TV projects in the works that'll end up fleshing out a future event.

Just bringing this back this sounds like the Billie Eilish house. These were tweeted right before the rumor came out

I think the way the tweet is written - "original property kinda but not really" - makes me think it's definitely based-on/inspired-by When We all Fall Asleep, at least like Alice Cooper or Black Sabbath kinda was. Filching alot of iconography from the songs and music vids but mostly an original story.

I certainly don't hate the idea of Billie's music being integrated this year. It'd be a nice change of pace and scenery. Also, do we know if this is explicitly rumored for a maze or a scare zone?

So just predicting here but we usually get the first house announcement in either March or early April. Looking at the predicted IPs I’m guessing Conjuring would be the likely 1st IP announced since it’s the biggest one

The Uggs face tattoo on this one is just :eek:k:

Also, I'm guessing Billie would be either first or the last IP to be announced. They'll either have her hype it up for an annoyingly long time or just bombshell surprise everyone as soon as possible.

I highly doubt she gets announced first—the first announcement is generally shared, and if the rumors are true Orlando’s not going to announce a lagoon show first.

For the record, she has massive creative control over her videos. This one is all practical effects and she absolutely had that gunk in her eyes:

Also this video is pretty cool, albeit simplistic:

Her music has a very haunted feel to it and she's very much about unsettling visuals. I could see this being really cool if executed properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.