Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren’t their like a few comments here? What happened?

Edit: Just found out the site was down for a while. I thought the mods removed the irift images lol.

Saw Invisible Man last night and probably won't come to the event due to our relationship with Blumhouse being shaky (Legacy mentioned it on 29 Orlando thread), it also doesn't have a lot to be a maze.
House:
- Invisible Man covered in Paint
- Invisible Man Suit malfunctioning

Asylum:
- Invisible Man Suit Malfunctioning

There's not really a lot. The whole him covered in Paint scene is like a jump scare but right afterwards he washes off the paint anyway so he's back to being fully invisible.

The whole Asylum bit works where his suit is stabbed so it malfunctions from Invisible to partly invisible (Where parts of it are visible are parts of it aren't) to fully visible and the suit is all black and there's like a whole sequence with Cecila (Elizabeth Moss) and him in the Asylum. That works.

Most of the film he is... You guessed it! Invisible. So unless they use UV/Blacklight effects to try and do it and also have possibly original/deleted scenes, it won't work
But really great movie though.

Last edited:
Saw Invisible Man last night and probably won't come to the event due to our relationship with Blumhouse being shaky (Legacy mentioned it on 29 Orlando thread), it also doesn't have a lot to be a maze.
House:
- Invisible Man covered in Paint
- Invisible Man Suit malfunctioning

Asylum:
- Invisible Man Suit Malfunctioning

There's not really a lot. The whole him covered in Paint scene is like a jump scare but right afterwards he washes off the paint anyway so he's back to being fully invisible.

The whole Asylum bit works where his suit is stabbed so it malfunctions from Invisible to partly invisible (Where parts of it are visible are parts of it aren't) to fully visible and the suit is all black and there's like a whole sequence with Cecila (Elizabeth Moss) and him in the Asylum. That works.

Most of the film he is... You guessed it! Invisible. So unless they use UV/Blacklight effects to try and do it and also have possibly original/deleted scenes, it won't work
But really great movie though.
It would be really tough to pull off, for sure. It would take a lot of creativity and a massive budget to get anywhere near what the movie itself pulls off. This is also is a situation where I think that, even though it makes sense from a rights/synergistic perspective (Blumhouse tensions notwithstanding), we shouldn’t automatically think it’s likely to come to HHN. IPs are getting tougher to come by, for sure, but that doesn’t mean HHN is required to take a property just because it’s convenient. Honestly, it doesn’t really feel like an HHN property to me, despite some usually calling cards. And not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but it really doesn’t feel like a Murdy property to me, either.

It would be really tough to pull off, for sure. It would take a lot of creativity and a massive budget to get anywhere near what the movie itself pulls off. This is also is a situation where I think that, even though it makes sense from a rights/synergistic perspective (Blumhouse tensions notwithstanding), we shouldn’t automatically think it’s likely to come to HHN. IPs are getting tougher to come by, for sure, but that doesn’t mean HHN is required to take a property just because it’s convenient. Honestly, it doesn’t really feel like an HHN property to me, despite some usually calling cards. And not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but it really doesn’t feel like a Murdy property to me, either.
I personally don't think it will come to the event at all. I was just stating what works and how there is very little content to do a maze which is why it's unlikely.

The "They shouldn't take a property because it's convenient" I agree and I disagree. It really depends on the property and the amount of love that they pour into it. If it's a property that the team loves and it's a great property and can make a great maze then yeah but all means do it. But if it's something no one wants to do and it's a horrible property for HHN then maybe not.

Eh, looks alright.

There’s nothing really in there to me that would stick out like, “oh wow, I want to see this at the event!” It’s also worth noting this comes out in June, when most of the mazes are under construction. Kinda late in the game for it to be considered for this year.

I mean, trailers rarely (if ever) impart any sense of a movie's actual tone or nature. They're just commercials. I don't even watch them anymore, tbh. Especially for movies that I'm really excited about.

Anyway, even though the movie doesn't comes out until June, this is a Universal movie, plus Monkeypaw and HHN appeared to work great together last year, so it's possible that the creative team would have some materials at their disposal if they were set on a Candyman house -- especially if it's a mixture of this and the original. I'm not sure if any of Legacy's riddles have indicated Candyman, but it doesn't seem entirely off the table to me.

I mean, trailers rarely (if ever) impart any sense of a movie's actual tone or nature. They're just commercials. I don't even watch them anymore, tbh. Especially for movies that I'm really excited about.

Anyway, even though the movie doesn't comes out until June, this is a Universal movie, plus Monkeypaw and HHN appeared to work great together last year, so it's possible that the creative team would have some materials at their disposal if they were set on a Candyman house -- especially if it's a mixture of this and the original. I'm not sure if any of Legacy's riddles have indicated Candyman, but it doesn't seem entirely off the table to me.
They have not.

Just “slumming it” from the Orlando side today, and I thought I’d leave two interesting articles that didn’t make it over here.

It’s also worth noting this comes out in June, when most of the mazes are under construction. Kinda late in the game for it to be considered for this year.

While I personally don't think Candyman is coming to the event, does the release date alone really rule anything out? HHN 2015, for instance, started on September 18th and featured Crimson Peak... which didn't even hit theaters until almost a month later on October 16th.

While I personally don't think Candyman is coming to the event, does the release date alone really rule anything out? HHN 2015, for instance, started on September 18th and featured Crimson Peak... which didn't even hit theaters until almost a month later on October 16th.

Yeah. And at least on our coast there was some amount of ST3.

But Candyman would seem like a logical choice. They did just sign a deal with Monkeypaw. Potentially touchy political content is the only reason I see for it to not show up. It would be at least one “straight horror” property.

When it comes to in-house properties that Uni is releasing, there is a time where they can gauge on whether they want to bring it to the event. That window is around Dec-April. Us happened to be released just towards the end of that window. Then you have Summer, the May-Aug window, to where they will have already started construction, so it’s too late to add anything to the line up. This is the window Candyman falls into. The First Purge was the exception to this as Purge was supposedly highly-requested for a maze (which shows how dumb the GP is). Whether a horror film released around that time succeeds or fails, it’s too late to gauge its results to see if it would be a “wanted” maze and way too early to let it be a promo maze. Sep-Nov release is the window to where it doesn’t matter if the movie succeeds or fails, they can always use it as a promo for the movie. That’s the window Crimson Peak fell into.

Ok so with Peacock live postponed if there was any announcement planned for that will they just drop it? Save it for later? Or do we just not get an any announcement whatsoever until peacock live happens?

Ok so with Peacock live postponed if there was any announcement planned for that will they just drop it? Save it for later? Or do we just not get an any announcement whatsoever until peacock live happens?

Even IF an announcement was planned, they still have an internal schedule on how to roll out announcements for marketing purposes. The only difference now is if an announcement is made, it won't be at a panel, but through social/press releases. If the panel was planning on revealing something, they'll just adjust accordingly and announce something different at the rescheduled event.

Status
Not open for further replies.