Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just really hope they do Hill House justice. If it happens (and it seems the most likely at this point), I just hope it doesn't turn out like ST last year. They have so much detail, imagery and material at their disposal, so I really hope they don't phone it in. It has the potential to be as good as Us was last year.

Same here. Stranger Things started out really great so not sure what happened there with the last rendition of it. Haunting of Hill House is probably my favorite Netflix produced show they've ever made so I would love to see what they could do with it.

The Haunting from 1963 is another great version of Shirley Jackson's book if you haven't seen it.

While this lineup doesn't excite me the way The Exorcist (2016) or Poltergeist (2018) did. I have learned that any idea can lead to a fun maze. The most fun I have had going through a Maze was Ghostbusters last year and Krampus in 16.

My favorite horror tends to be ghost stories so Hill House could be fun. Gremlins and Beetlejuice could be blasts as well.

I am also not crying over not having mazes in the Tram area.

Anyone see the alternative lineup at Orlando? Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Invisible Man instead of Sabrina and Gremlins. Makes me imagine some kind of rights trickery.

Though I still think Invisible Man is possible if they get creative with it.

Make a lot of scare-doors with black backgrounds and have actors in black morphsuits with invisible UV paint patterns on it, and have blacklight strobes for scare triggers. When they hit the scare triggers, the blacklight will light up the invisible ink and then the invisible man will "appear" in front of you. You can use different patterns for different scenes, too; for example, for the attic scene, he can have a bunch of invisible ink "paint" all over him, so when he hits the scare trigger it'll look like he's covered in paint. Kinda like a jump-scare version of the Invisible Man effect from last year. I think it can work.

Reactions: hhnlover
Anyone see the alternative lineup at Orlando? Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Invisible Man instead of Sabrina and Gremlins. Makes me imagine some kind of rights trickery.

Make a lot of scare-doors with black backgrounds and have actors in black morphsuits with invisible UV paint patterns on it, and have blacklight strobes for scare triggers. When they hit the scare triggers, the blacklight will light up the invisible ink and then the invisible man will "appear" in front of you. You can use different patterns for different scenes, too; for example, for the attic scene, he can have a bunch of invisible ink "paint" all over him, so when he hits the scare trigger it'll look like he's covered in paint. Kinda like a jump-scare version of the Invisible Man effect from last year. I think it can work.
....Why do I see this working. Though idk how a layout will work.

i wouldn’t really rely on TPU.

I think the blackout wall and uv paint idea for Invisible Man works in concept, but I think in practice where the environment isn't as controlled and if the maze isn't just blackout walls, I don't see it working. If the maze did come, even though the source material is strong it would mostly be blackout walls for scares and scenes of actors panicking at nothing.

I know they wont do it......but Resident Evil would be such a great fit for either the Tour....or the metro sets. Playing RE3 makes me want sooo bad for them to finally bring Raccoon City to life (in the states)

Off topic, but those fan made maze designs about Fast Food InDIEgestion on Twitter would make an awesome original, I’d love to see a maze based on a fast food restaurant just like the fan art made.

Off topic, but those fan made maze designs about Fast Food InDIEgestion on Twitter would make an awesome original, I’d love to see a maze based on a fast food restaurant just like the fan art made.
Wait, what tweets? I wanna see them now xd

You know, I can't lie. For completely selfish reasons, I seriously hope Sabrina comes to HHN this year. I should be living closer to the park by then and wouldn't be able to use the commute as an excuse to not audition anymore.... 0:)

Reactions: Spookies n' Stuff
Beetlejuice does have some potential to deliver some good scares
Aside from hill house and the rumored peele maze and rumors of all hallows evil
And UCM, not a fan of this spec line up at all tbh...imma just wait to see the outcome.
Though its weird that invisible man is rumored for Florida and not here

Reactions: razor14
Beetlejuice does have some potential to deliver some good scares
Aside from hill house and the rumored peele maze and rumors of all hallows evil
And UCM, not a fan of this spec line up at all tbh...imma just wait to see the outcome.
Though its weird that invisible man is rumored for Florida and not here
Invisible man happening in Orlando has been dismissed due to the new spec maps, but agree that the lineup feels pretty tonally inconsistent and a bit disappointing. Hopefully we can be suprised this year, and John will have another Shining or Exorcist, but I’m incredibly lukewarm on these IPs for the event (this is coming from a lifetime Beetlejuice and Gremlins fan).

Just my perception of things. (IPs only.)

More or less guaranteed: Hill House, Beetlejuice, UCM: Brides
Pretty certain but who knows: The Invisible Man, Billie Eilish, third IP that Legacy knows out but isn't really discussing *or* Texas Chainsaw
Viable rumors that never really took off: Gremlins, Sabrina, and everything else (Conjuring, Candyman, etc.)

Outside of that "mystery" IP -- if it even is a mystery anymore, the ORL thread moves way too fast -- I think we have all of our possible titles laid out for us. It's just a matter of which ones legit. I'm not expecting any major curve balls like Us sorta was last year.

I'm seeing a lot of people are actually dismissing The Bride for Hollywood as a concept saying "Oh the Bride was in pieces how would this even work".

Well Igor in last year's maze was one of the reasons Frankenstein faced the Wolfman as he tried to draw them near each other to fight. And he was trying to reboot the lab back up last year while the Bride was there.

Pure speculation but I think the Story will pick up from there. Frankenstein and Wolfman frozen under the castle and Igor reassembling the Bride. And the info from TPU's article suggests her fighting off against the Brides of Dracula which again could be deliberately set up by Igor. And makes sense because Murdy said he wants the Spinoff mazes to be pairs of characters (Frankenstein and Wolfman, Bride of Frankenstein and Brides of Dracula)

Last edited:
And the info from TPU's article suggests her fighting off against the Brides of Dracula which again could be deliberately set up by Igor. And makes sense because Murdy said he wants the Spinoff mazes to be pairs of characters (Frankenstein and Wolfman, Bride of Frankenstein and Brides of Dracula)

Hearing that possibility actually makes the maze ever more intriguing, given that I felt that the Brides of Dracula (as well as Dracula in particular) were given the short end of the stick, despite his image being used in the promotional art for 2018's maze. Not to mention, the 5 times I went through that maze opening night, we only saw the brides twice, and only one of those times did they target our group. So I'm genuinely pleased with this potential concept!

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Status
Not open for further replies.