Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, I am hearing good news in regards to IPs and that they may stick around next year.
Rights contracts are tricky things and it wouldn't surprise me if the force majeure clause calls for the IP rights to be transferred to a new year. Most likely both parties have a mutual option to transfer the rights to another time frame.

There are rumors of mazes coming down, has anyone seen any drone footage?
If mazes are coming down, its probably barely started and people only seemingly found out today, I'd expect another day or too for there to be footage, and then probably another day or so till universal makes a formal announcement.

Oh well. I rather them do new mazes/properties for next year rather than hold on to what they would’ve had this year.

We're talking about how to handle this once the official word comes down. I believe the mod team might lock this thread and let everyone cool off till later on in the year to start 2021 speculation.
Might be a little clunky or tacky looking but you could always just change the thread name to 2020/2021 speculation, though I don't really know how that would affect future categorization.

I have a theory, with all this talk about HHN (Hollywood) being cancelled, the mystery of the WaterWorld queue is up in the air, but I may have an answer to that. considering some insiders mentioned it would be Halloween Kills, I think I know what the facade may actually be, here me out here: you guys know how we saw firetrucks in the teaser for Halloween Kills, and how they were heading to the fire at Lauries House where Michael was trapped from the ending of Halloween (2018)? Well, what if the WaterWorld facade was the firestation where all these firetrucks were being dispatched from. It would make sense, considering the fact that the facade had a garage door, and it looked to have a brick style exterior. this is just a theory of mine, but it may actually be true.

I have a theory, with all this talk about HHN (Hollywood) being cancelled, the mystery of the WaterWorld queue is up in the air, but I may have an answer to that. considering some insiders mentioned it would be Halloween Kills, I think I know what the facade may actually be, here me out here: you guys know how we saw firetrucks in the teaser for Halloween Kills, and how they were heading to the fire at Lauries House where Michael was trapped from the ending of Halloween (2018)? Well, what if the WaterWorld facade was the firestation where all these firetrucks were being dispatched from. It would make sense, considering the fact that the facade had a garage door, and it looked to have a brick style exterior. this is just a theory of mine, but it may actually be true.

That's actually a really solid theory. The entrance door is incredibly wide too, which mirrors a fire station.

EDIT: Aaaaand I'm just now realizing that Wilmington NC, where Halloween Kills was shot, might have a building that looks similar to the facade?

Not this one in particular but the architecture fits.

Last edited:
yep, and for the exterior of the maze there could've been the front half of a firetruck infront of the garage door (similar to the Ecto-1from GB last year) and every 15 min or so, there could've been projections onto the firestation windows (like KKFOS) showing Michael stabbing the firefighters, as a way to set up the ambience for the maze.

Or it's not Halloween at all.
Okay, this has me stumped. theres only one other movie that I can think of, that has a facade style similar to this, and thats Saw. It looks like Gideons from Saw, the only problem is the garage door isn't centered, and the roof doesn't remind me of Gideons. but it may be Saw, just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.