Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Freak I hear you. I personally love the OG Exorcist and enjoyed the maze. Though I didn't do the maze in 2021, only 2016, due to international travel restrictions with covid. My statements were more speculation than preference. If I had it my way lol, the mazes would be (pure fantasy and unrealistic):
*Suspiria (Argento)
*Tobe Hooper's Salem's Lot
*Argento's Inferno (great set pieces)
*Dog Soldiers
*Midnight Meat Train (just for some nasty)
*Hellraiser
*Dracula (on his own, more Hammer style Drac)
*Evil Dead Rise

P.S. Ones I forgot for honorable mentions:
*Carpenter's The Fog
*Lucio Fulci's The Beyond

….or yet there is the option I’m sure none of us want: Just bring back the OG Exorcist as is for round three.

As bad as that option would be, it would be a huge budget saver as it was 75% black walls, it would promote the new movie when it would be too early, and they essentially have the rights to it. Not to mention it was hailed as HOTY in 2021 (Ugh). It would be super marketable for the GP.

I'd argue another option:

UHH it. Convert it to an original, like Horror Hotel did.

….or yet there is the option I’m sure none of us want: Just bring back the OG Exorcist as is for round three.

As bad as that option would be, it would be a huge budget saver as it was 75% black walls, it would promote the new movie when it would be too early, and they essentially have the rights to it. Not to mention it was hailed as HOTY in 2021 (Ugh). It would be super marketable for the GP.
It did good numbers too. Always had the longest wait time. It pulled the GA crowd In mass lol

It did good numbers too. Always had the longest wait time. It pulled the GA crowd In mass lol
Yeah, tbh I'd rather have the exorcist redone if it gives a larger budget and resource allowance for other elements of the event. Streetmosphere like the mini scarezones (haunted forest, Dia de los Muertos plaza, Chainsaw troupe) and higher budget mazes like The Weeknd and US are way more intriguing to me than a fully new roster of mazes with an average lower budget on each and less atmosphere. I really don't know how budget is delineated so I could likely be wrong, but I'm cool with saving some money on one or two mazes to prop up the newer elements. Plus, there's already too many mazes to do realistically in one night without express, so I'm cool having one less I need to go into to that eats up a ton of crowd. TLDR: repeats are alright with me if they allow for the better resource management

Murdy has come in with a list of songs shuffled!

The track-list is as followed and specified by him on Twitter:
  1. “This Woman’s Work” Kate Bush
  2. “Deanna” - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
  3. “Brand New Friend” - Lloyd Cole and the Commotions
  4. “Opening Theme” - Camper Van Beethoven (commentary…yikes this is getting really obscure)
  5. “Heaven” - Talking Heads
  6. “Wolves, Lower” R.E.M (commentary - wolves…kinda more horror right?)
  7. “Monkey Gone to Heaven” - The Pixies (commentary - that’s the second time the word “Heaven” has shown up in a song title out of a random shuffle of 606 songs…must mean something)
  8. "Golden Blunders” - The Posies (commentary - Posies, Pixies…amazingly similar names…hmmm).
  9. “Uncontrollable Urge” - Devo (commentary - Devo is short for de-evolution…just sayin’)
  10. “Number One Song in Heaven” - Sparks (commentary - OK that’s 3 times that word has come up out of 606 song shuffle and that Boils & Ghouls is synchronicity. But not for HHN content. I think it’s more a message of comfort for a longtime HHN fan, you know who you are).

As noted by @HydraGen2299 on the TPS Discord: it seems Holidayz is getting updates and changes as a result of the relocation. Specifically it seems as if they are polishing it on adding more details and textures for the overall experience, as seen with both Valentine's Day and St. Patty's already.
I did say that but I realized that the picture I got of st Patrick’s day is actually just the well but at a weird angle, depth of field and all that play tricks

Attachments

• IMG_4435.jpeg
    IMG_4435.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4440.jpeg
    IMG_4440.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 42
Yeah I think this is in reference to a long-ago proposed ride that combined all the Stephen King properties. Not really sure what the details were for that but I know folks have talked about it before.

Yeah I think this is in reference to a long-ago proposed ride that combined all the Stephen King properties. Not really sure what the details were for that but I know folks have talked about it before.
yeah, there's no source given here but what I've heard in the past roughly matches this.
Part-way through, riders would pull into the unload station and hear the usual instructions on how to exit without extensive bodily injury. But the restraints wouldn’t lift and the ride wasn’t over. A Shining-sized deluge of blood would flood out of the exit doors, Pennywise Itself would spring from the control room and riders would hurtle deeper into the nightmare/toward the gift shop.

The powers that be decided that an attraction requiring a devoted plumbing system for fake blood might not have the wide appeal they wanted, so Men in Black: Alien Attack was finally built in its place.

But in Stephen King novels and theme park design, true evil never dies. The would-be ride’s designer, John Murdy, went on to another project with horror in its blood, Revenge of the Mummy: The Ride; and smack in the middle of it there’s a scene that might seem familiar…

Double posting but to be more specific in dates.

September 5th
September 7th-10th
September 14th-17th
September 21st-24th
September 27th-October 1st
October 4th-8th
October 11th-15th
October 18th-22nd
October 25th-31st.

In total, a record shattering 40 nights (Wednesdays beginning on September 27th onwards). The longest in the history of the Hollywood event.

September 5th
September 7th-10th
September 14th-17th
September 21st-24th
October 4th-8th
October 11th-15th
October 18th-22nd
October 25th-31st.

In total, a record shattering 40 nights (Wednesdays beginning on September 27th onwards). The longest in the history of the Hollywood event.
September 5th would be a preview night I imagine? But wow, we’ve come a long way since the 7 or 8 nights we had back in 2006.

September 5th
September 7th-10th
September 14th-17th
September 21st-24th
October 4th-8th
October 11th-15th
October 18th-22nd
October 25th-31st.

YES! They added Wednesdays! Sweeeet!

Status
Not open for further replies.