Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out

Vyrus

The man with the master plan
Premium Member
Feb 11, 2010
Miami, FL
I know it may be a bit early for this, but with the event winding down in a week and being this was the beginning of a "new age of darkness" what would you like to see for next year? What house ideas you think would work well. Do they bring Fear back or a whole new icon for next year? What do you think?

Icon I would like to see myself would be if they go back to the Director, Caretaker, Usher mode, where the Icon is named The ______ and then their backstory based on that. I would also like to see a more simplified marketing campaign such as the latters, like for the Director you saw him killing someone in a tub and boom "Have you met the Director?" etc... I think that works best for HHN, having ordinary people as the icon instead of a God like Fear.

I would like to see something along the lines of a Teacher maybe or a Principal. Have a haunted house called Detention where you get put in the corner and the Principal has a paddle full of nails.

I dunno, just one random idea.

I would like to see Havoc or Catacombs get a sound stage for there respected sequels.

In really want to see FEAR come back next year. There is a lot for him to do in the future. I also want to see Bloddy Mary come back as something more than what Jack and the others were to FEAR. She is his reflection. Also an icon I made myself for 21 is The Dealer. I may put his stuff in the house idea thread.

The Dealer? Hmmm something along the lines of a poker dealing the cards of death maybe?

Or The Fortune Teller who always gives the card of Death...hmmmm

I can imagine the commercial....a guy sitting at a blackjack table, he says hit me, and he gets a 2, he says hit me again, he gets another 2, he tells the dealer "if you don't give me a card other than a 2 I will get pissed off, now hit me" and the dealer pulls out a hammer and hits him :lol:

I now this year was about bringing the future of Halloween Horror Nights but I would like to see an Islands of Fear sequel

I would also love to see HHN return to IOA but the event itself has just grown to big for IOA to handle it. The walkways are just to narrow to handle the insane crowds. Not to mention the Studios has far better house locations to accommodate not only 8 but possibly 9 or 10 haunts in the near future. Again I share your wants but I just don't think its possible anymore but you never know.

I think if we get any nod towards our new icon it will be next Thursday at the VIP Lounge presentations on Icons. I don't think Fear is returning since he was mainly the tie-in for this year.

Albeit, speculation I COULD at some point see HHN using the Body Collectors as the icons but I don't think it will happen any time soon since next year I'm assuming they are still in large going for the whole "No movie houses, few (if any) sequels" approach. Since it was kinda stated that they wanted to go that route for a while.

I'd love to see these houses/scarezones from recent years get some sort of sequel (and yes I know, most of these are long shots.) Hint hint.
-Scream House (If PS gets part 4 than so should Scream House)
-Hellgate Prison
-Frightyard
-Midway of the Bizarre as a house. I can't be the only one who wants to see this.
-Deadtropolis. Street or house.
-Demon Cantina
-Terra Mines
-Nightmare on Elm Street (Still to this day one of the best houses I've been through and one of the few IP's I'd like to see return.)
-Asylum in Wonderland house (It's been done at a lot of other haunts...I know)
-Creatures
-Interstellar Terror
-Dead Exposure
-Frankenstein
-Dracula
-P.S. on the streets.
-Lights, Camera in some capacity.
-War of the Living Dead in some capacity.
-Catacombs in a soundstage
-ZGed, in the street perhaps

Last edited:
I think if we get any nod towards our new icon it will be next Thursday at the VIP Lounge presentations on Icons. I don't think Fear is returning since he was mainly the tie-in for this year.

Albeit, speculation I COULD at some point see HHN using the Body Collectors as the icons but I don't think it will happen any time soon since next year I'm assuming they are still in large going for the whole "No movie houses, few (if any) sequels" approach. Since it was kinda stated that they wanted to go that route for a while.

I'd love to see these houses/scarezones from recent years get some sort of sequel (and yes I know, most of these are long shots.) Hint hint.
-Scream House (If PS gets part 4 than so should Scream House)
-Hellgate Prison
-Frightyard
-Midway of the Bizarre as a house. I can't be the only one who wants to see this.
-Deadtropolis. Street or house.
-Demon Cantina
-Terra Mines
-Nightmare on Elm Street (Still to this day one of the best houses I've been through and one of the few IP's I'd like to see return.)
-Asylum in Wonderland house (It's been done at a lot of other haunts...I know)
-Creatures
-Interstellar Terror
-Dead Exposure
-Frankenstein
-Dracula
-P.S. on the streets.
-Lights, Camera in some capacity.
-War of the Living Dead in some capacity.
-Catacombs in a soundstage
-ZGed, in the street perhaps

Definitely agree with many of these, I personally would love to see the Thing brought back, maybe for the next major anniversary of the film.

I kind of want to go to the icons presentation next week, who knows. If I go and there's any sort of hint I'll be sure to post it. I kind of like the idea of a card dealer though, sounds corny, but so did the Usher and he turned out pretty well.

As for a fortune teller, it's sort of been done based on the commercial for CoC. Not a bad idea, though. Most of the GP probably doesn't realize that or hasn't been going every year.

I kind of want to go to the icons presentation next week, who knows. If I go and there's any sort of hint I'll be sure to post it. I kind of like the idea of a card dealer though, sounds corny, but so did the Usher and he turned out pretty well.
I'll be there mainly because when they were telling us about 2005 they had wrote 2 icons and events before they even got to Terra Cruentas and they showed us one which was an ensemble icon (called "Darkness" and that was going to be about 13 dementor-ish sort of characters that was shown as one icon) and the showed us their "Fate" year (their USF concept before it was pre-approved) which 2007 had a lot of elements. They went on to talk about an icon for "Fate" and said "You're not going to be able to see this guy tonight, but come back in 2 weeks for the icon presentation." Making me assume that at the Icon presentation we are going to see some icons we've never seen and some stuff on the main icons we've never seen.

Someone who gets their sick kicks out of gambling with your fate could be cool. Although I would rather them call him something else than The Dealer....just bad connotations.

Someone who gets their sick kicks out of gambling with your fate could be cool. Although I would rather them call him something else than The Dealer....just bad connotations.

Its a cool theme but it sounds more Howl o Scream than HHN

Also I really hope Fear doesnt return again, he's not scary at all, and doesnt look like an Icon, just a character in a house.

Last edited:
I say they finally let Darkness, the horned character, FINALLY get his chance at being the Icon, I think it would be GREAT.

HHNXXI: The Fade

The Fade can haunt and take the form of any inanimate objects. Can you say the best camouflaged scareactors ever? Didn't think the pile of crates was gonna get you, did you? :lol:

HHNXXI: The Fade

The Fade can haunt and take the form of any inanimate objects. Can you say the best camouflaged scareactors ever? Didn't think the pile of crates was gonna get you, did you? :lol:

Sounds like Where Evil hides all over again! Although I have to admit, I am a fan of those kinds of creative scares.

Ummm... , this thread is way too early to even appreciate XX.

The majority of us on here have already gone to the event with the exception of a couple, the event ends next weekend, so I figure its a perfect time to reflect a little bit on this year while seeing what might be some ideas, thoughts, and wants for next year.

I would like to see a full Ship of Scream or SS Frightanic sequel house, as well as a return of Hellgate prison.

I also want them to fix the old Murder She Wrote building and have a 9th house, or a year round haunt.

The majority of us on here have already gone to the event with the exception of a couple, the event ends next weekend, so I figure its a perfect time to reflect a little bit on this year while seeing what might be some ideas, thoughts, and wants for next year.

I would like to see a full Ship of Scream or SS Frightanic sequel house, as well as a return of Hellgate prison.

I also want them to fix the old Murder She Wrote building and have a 9th house, or a year round haunt.

A SS Frightnanic sequel would be awesome since that was my favorite scene from Hallowed Past, and the original house looked amazing. I would also like the see a All Night Die In the Final Cut house, or even a year remake of HHN 13 labled the unrated edition.