Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
HHN will have to woo me this year in order to make up for last years crap fest.

A Call of Duty: Zombies house would be absolutely awesome.

images

But seriously though, if they don't do anything to help level crowds this year, I will certainly not be attending. Not giving more money after only experiencing half the event last year.

But seriously though, if they don't do anything to help level crowds this year, I will certainly not be attending. Not giving more money after only experiencing half the event last year.

Transformers will help (will still be "new" to a lot of guests). I imagine set Scarezones will return, that should help a bit too. But yeah, they need an 8th house, at least.

I've heard that they recognize the failure of 22 and are preparing to go back to scarezones with perhaps a few roaming hoards as well. The lack of an icon was really due to poor planning.

The construction and parade route really really hurt operations this year, but above all else, the crowds were out of control. Way over sold and too few houses and scarezones.

Do we need to grow a little?
Maybe we need to grow a whole lot?
Will the world ever be ready?
Is it Earth shattering?
Is it just a high in the sky pipe dream?
Too much Hate to unleash on the world at one time?
Is it ground breaking?

The sixth one!

Last year was my first year (yes I know). I will be back every year absolutely, especially if that's the least of it. But after following the event for years, a lack of an icon was really confusing.

I was just surprised how crowded last year was. I went the second weekend and every previous year I was able to do everything in one night. This year it was difficult to try to do half the houses without waiting hours. The power of IP or the lack of scarezones/extra house, I do not know. I hope things get ironed out for this year.

Last year was my first year (yes I know). I will be back every year absolutely, especially if that's the least of it. But after following the event for years, a lack of an icon was really confusing.

Last year was my first as well! Since all that's available were I live are some crappy and super fake haunted farms, it was much better than I was used to. If that was a bad year, then I'll definitely be going as often as I can!

Believe it or not, this year was a rousing success financially. Yea it was crazy busy most every night of the event, but it definitely reached out to new audiences with the IP houses. Don't be shocked to see a Walking Dead sequel house and possibly another video game franchise house. Transformers will definitely suck up some people off the streets but I wouldn't be surprised to see 7 houses again.

Fingers crossed for an icon as well :pray:

Believe it or not, this year was a rousing success financially. Yea it was crazy busy most every night of the event, but it definitely reached out to new audiences with the IP houses. Don't be shocked to see a Walking Dead sequel house and possibly another video game franchise house. Transformers will definitely suck up some people off the streets but I wouldn't be surprised to see 7 houses again.

Fingers crossed for an icon as well :pray:

Well I've heard both sides from a financial standpoint. On one side attendance and F&B sales was up which is great news. On the other side of things I've been told operations feels like they missed opportunity to cash in on the increased crowds. Due to less offerings and intense crowd levels people were leaving the event much earlier than previous years which in turn led to a decrease in per guest spending.

So while Transformers and the unique offerings of Springfield will most certainly have an impact on crowd flow. I've been told an 8th Haunt is guaranteed to return along with two other tricks I still cannot speak about.