Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Part of that is being the first house as general public enters--a ton of people still go there first, and it doesn't already have the line of die-hard fans, so they do it and move on. Even tho I agree it's not the most culturally relevant property out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Non-AP crowd, they all wait for free parking at 8, or didn't get off work until 6 and went home to change/pre-game.

the thing about being the first house, well Cabin in the woods was there too and cabin always had a 60 min wait time. it never really had a short line.
i remember wanting to do cabin and always being 60 minutes no matter the time of day. seems people just really dont care about fdtd

I went on Thursday night and I can't believe that the waits got up to 160 minutes on a weeknight. HHN is no joke anymore. Best house hands down was Alien vs Predator. Halloween was the only other house that came close.

For those who aren't aware, Universal just released a Legendary Truth app for HHN 24. Seems strange to start this so late in the event but it looks really interesting!

Tactical Evaluation of Spectrum Terrors by NBCUniversal Media, LLC
https://appsto.re/us/H96r3.i

I went on Thursday night and I can't believe that the waits got up to 160 minutes on a weeknight. HHN is no joke anymore. Best house hands down was Alien vs Predator. Halloween was the only other house that came close.

In the near future everyone is going to end up with Express passes, and I predict that both the regular lines and Express will end up being an hour at the same time. or one hour and a half. It's going to get so crowded that express won't even matter anymore lol :lol:
the streets will get so full that they might add sets to the streets but not put actors in the streets since the won't be able to walk haha.

They have set up events for Wed-Sat on Facebook that you can RSVP for, likely trying to gauge interest for this week. Interestingly enough though Legendary Truth is being pitched now which is generally geared mainly to the die-hards locals. It sounds like they are trying to drum up attendance with Legendary Truth at the same time as determining how interested the average fan is.

They have set up events for Wed-Sat on Facebook that you can RSVP for, likely trying to gauge interest for this week. Interestingly enough though Legendary Truth is being pitched now which is generally geared mainly to the die-hards locals. It sounds like they are trying to drum up attendance with Legendary Truth at the same time as determining how interested the average fan is.

I called guest services last sat and he said that we should hear by Wednesday if they do extend the passes.

I only have the regular frequent fear pass. I was debating between going Sunday or gambling and holding out for an extension. The guy said that if they don't extend I cam upgrade my pass to the plus on Friday to go Friday even though it is technically expired. So just fyi for people that have the regular pass and can actually go this Friday if they don't extend. I'm hoping they extend and then I'll go both nights.

I only have the regular frequent fear pass. I was debating between going Sunday or gambling and holding out for an extension. The guy said that if they don't extend I cam upgrade my pass to the plus on Friday to go Friday even though it is technically expired. So just fyi for people that have the regular pass and can actually go this Friday if they don't extend. I'm hoping they extend and then I'll go both nights.

Starting to have real doubts about Saturday--if we don't hear by tomorrow, I think it's done. Which is crazy, 5 years ago a post-Halloween night would be empty. Now they're apparently afraid single ticket purchases might fill the park.

It was announced Wednesday last year, I think that seems to be the cut off point for them to make the decision.

what was the reason they would add the last two days? was it usually done because of the low crowds? That's what I always figured, Wanting to get more people in the parks.

but if the crowds will be just as bad Friday or Saturday, it makes me wonder if they will think it is not worth it.

I believe that was part of the reason. The other was their way of saying Thank You to the fans/FFP. The final night for those who haven't been is quite a different feel.

I believe that was part of the reason. The other was their way of saying Thank You to the fans/FFP. The final night for those who haven't been is quite a different feel.

Agreed, if someone went to HHN for the first time on the last night, they would likely be somewhat confused.

I've found Fridays often get bad sometime after 8, but Sundays start off packed from 6 pm and never let up. But I've said for a couple years now Friday > Sunday if you only have one night to visit. I'd say change became noticeable around 2011-2012.
I haven't gone but one Friday this year, but I had a pretty dead on experience to what you describe. I think a lot of the reason is because the park is open until 2 so a lot of people end up showing up late bc they think they'll have plenty of time. WRONG.

100-120 minute waits for pretty much every house when I walked in at 8 on Friday the 17th. We ended up getting only 3 houses done that night + B&T. The houses were Roanoake, Dollhouse and FDTD... so pretty much all of the houses that tend to have shorter lines anyway. We could have done one more house, but my group was indecisive and we just decided to go on HRRR instead (I know...). I was with a bunch of friends who don't come to the park often though and they really wanted to do it. I've been plenty this year so it was whatever for me, but yeah, still insane.

For a house like TWD or Halloween even, it's best to wait until just before close to jump in line if you are there on a incredibly busy night where the houses are drawing 120 minute waits. By doing so, they will cut off the line since the park is closed, and since the line is cut off, no more express can enter, so the line tends to move much faster.

Drew did get a tweet the other day which gave us a hint of hope about Saturday but nothing is set in stone until it's announced.

They did put the famous gargoyle by the AvP/Dracula exit near the Purge. I'm guessing it's for the new LT game. I did play it last night but I'll keep playing before I give it a tear down.

small changes: Halloween had a myers in a spot that I've never seen anybody come out of. WD finally had a lot of zombies in it. The forest scene was packed. Giggles had a lot of fog! I swore it had a smell to it.