Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 108 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
He tweeted HHN saying it was his b-day and sure hope he can come on that night. They replied something alone the lines of we sure hope so, cause the compound can use all the help it can get.

Just a sign of hope, nothing too deep to look into. The crowds were regular yesterday so perhaps if it's like that tonight. They will announce it tomorrow.

I just watched this video from Ellen and I guess this is USH's Dracula: Untold house. It doesn't seem very fleshed out at all; more like something a local high school would do. Anyone know what's up with such shoddy execution?

http://www.ellentube.com/media/Andy+and+Jacqueline+Brave+the+Haunted+House/0_12ub486v

Yeah. Looks like it has the potential to be scarier than the one we got but it's much more barebones. The bat part is cool. But idk what that black hallway is supposed to be? I guess just pitch black with nose ticklers from their reaction. The one nice thing about our dracula is its fully formed and feels nice to be in. Just not as scary.

hey! Anyone who wants to go but haven't this year...I still have my free ticket up for grabs! If you can be in the park by 5 I can give it to you...send me a private message!

I just watched this video from Ellen and I guess this is USH's Dracula: Untold house. It doesn't seem very fleshed out at all; more like something a local high school would do. Anyone know what's up with such shoddy execution?

http://www.ellentube.com/media/Andy+and+Jacqueline+Brave+the+Haunted+House/0_12ub486v

dont want to be mean but it was kind of embarrassing with how barebones it felt. yeah it didn't look good. but oddly enough the actors look much more scary (costume and masks wise)

yeah those vampires looked really creepy, the masks looked really great! wow so different

Last edited:
Huh. Ive read that Dracula is one of Hollywood's better houses. Maybe whatever makes it a winner over there is lost in the translation to video.

HHN Hollywood typically has to squeeze their mazes into tightly-packed tents which leads to boxier, smaller, less elaborate sets. Their superior level of costuming, makeup, and overall intensity generally makes up for it.

HHN Hollywood typically has to squeeze their mazes into tightly-packed tents which leads to boxier, smaller, less elaborate sets. Their superior level of costuming, makeup, and overall intensity generally makes up for it.

Ah... well that is something. I suppose the lack of screaming crowds and the bright tv lights didn't help the situation. I disagree that their costumes and makeup are beyond reproach, but agree that they had a ton of people jumping out at them, perhaps all including the break team.

It's interesting to me that when asked out of context what means more in a haunt, set design is usually higher. But when the event happens, people just want monsters jumping out at them and yelling some equivalent of "boo". Seems fickle but maybe not.

Ah... well that is something. I suppose the lack of screaming crowds and the bright tv lights didn't help the situation. I disagree that their costumes and makeup are beyond reproach, but agree that they had a ton of people jumping out at them, perhaps all including the break team.

It's interesting to me that when asked out of context what means more in a haunt, set design is usually higher. But when the event happens, people just want monsters jumping out at them and yelling some equivalent of "boo". Seems fickle but maybe not.
I think you're spot on to the core desires of most people. LOL

Tonight's relatively dead. Hopefully they announce something in the morning. If they don't I'm curious how many people will actually be there sat...

I just talked to someone who said they are still trying to add Saturday. So I guess there is still some hope.

I just talked to someone who said they are still trying to add Saturday. So I guess there is still some hope.

If they at sat will they throw in Friday for regular frequent fear or will frequent fear get nothing? I'm hoping they were just being more careful this year because they extended hours the last 2 nights because I guess too many people showed up with the more advanced notice of the extension.

I was there from 6-9 tonight and it was slower than normal. We went to Halloween first and only waited 15 minutes. Dollhouse we waited around 20, about walked on to Roanoke. By the time we left, waits were starting to go up a little bit. AVP was almost an hour, Dracula was 40 and TWD was 75.

xmHCuvW.jpg

the sets are important and the can look great but when you in a house what you are going to pay attention the most is the actors and the costumes since that's what you will be looking for. besides if the house is dark then you won't even be able to notice the sets unless you do the tour.

to me they both go hand in hand but bad costumes could ruin a house a lot more than bad sets. some of the coolest houses didn't necessarily had the best sets, but my favorite houses have always been the ones with the best animatronics or the best costumes.

from previews years, like 2007 or 2008 for example, i dont really remember the sets that much but i really remember all the actors
the actors is what you interact with (or the puppets)

friday the 13th, Halloween, werewolf in London and alien vs predator all had amazing sets, but what stays with some people the most is the puppets and the costume

my post is not to put down the sets or the people that make them, My point is not to undermine the sets or dismiss them, it's the costumes that my focus is on. the costumes need to be as good as the sets, if not better. yes great sets are awesome but the actors should look as awesome as the sets do

Last edited:
The shorter event schedule is quite interesting coming off the insanity of this year, but this year was also a special year with having 3 Big IPs in TWD, AVP and Halloween, Dracula being a classic and The Purge, which was practically made to be a scare zone.

It's obviously very early to predict anything given this year's event is still going on, but with a shorter event, i'd expect it means TWD coming back is probably much less likely.