Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am huge WD fan, but would not mind seeing it retired. I wont at all be surprised if it returns. This season is still pulling in huge numbers, so it actually makes sense for them to have it return. I just hope it is a house only and not take up all the scare zones. The good news is this years house was exponentially better than its predecessor. So if there is another WD house, hopefully it will continue improving.

I am huge WD fan, but would not mind seeing it retired. I wont at all be surprised if it returns. This season is still pulling in huge numbers, so it actually makes sense for them to have it return. I just hope it is a house only and not take up all the scare zones. The good news is this years house was exponentially better than its predecessor. So if there is another WD house, hopefully it will continue improving.

My thoughts exactly! I'm not gonna be shocked if we have another WD presence next event, but I really hope not. Especially not in the streets... I think this was my least favorite street experience yet. No diversity, everything was totally expected and monotonous. As much as the scareactors worked it, and as nice as some of the set/props were, the street "experience" was just totally redundant and forgettable :down:

How about we only get two or three IP's and they're marketed with our icons...?

That'd be AWESOME. You know, like how it was in 2007 and 2009. Then a decent amount of original contents. Oh joy, to think.

How about we only get two or three IP's and they're marketed with our icons...?

That'd be AWESOME. You know, like how it was in 2007 and 2009. Then a decent amount of original contents. Oh joy, to think.

What an odd, alien idea. It's not like 2007 was extremely successful or anything.

What an odd, alien idea. It's not like 2007 was extremely successful or anything.

Right?!

They even had more than what was marketed for IP's that year. Dead Silence and The Thing were both there but weren't marketed. Speaking of, The Thing in 2011 wasn't marketed well either. If they would have capitalized on any of that I'm sure it would have only grown the brand.

IP's in 2007 and 2009 just felt different for whatever reason. Nightmare on Elm Street was one of my all time favorite houses, but it still had a "Best of" vibe, but it fit, and it didn't feel forced. The passion through those houses oozed more. One might not have loved Saw and you could even tell it was a "corporate" house, but going through it you knew it was created by fans and the passion was there. Only thing that came close this year was American Werewolf in London and then Cabin and Evil dead tied.

How about a haunted house based on The Exorcist?

I like this idea :)

This will be my first ever HHN so I would like to see:

The Thing make a return to HHN - My all time favourite horror film
The Conjuring
Insidious
Steven King themed house
The Walking Dead - yes I know its been here two times already but I would love to see it myself
Alien

Maybe one game house like Bioshock or Dead Space would be fun :)

Diagon Alley would be interesting if it wasn't an official HHN area but just have loads of Death eaters/werewolves, etc walking around would be fun.

I'm wondering if this is the year we see a dual park layout return. I assure you it was thrown around two years ago, and had Art and Design known about Transformers coming I truly think part of it would of ended up at IOA. For those not familiar with a dual park layout see examples below. I'll also say this Diagon WILL NOT be open during HHN, I can promise you that.

Imo It's not even about a contract issue with WB's, their not going to let anyone get into the new land at a cheaper rate. Remember you can you purchase tickets for HHN for like 40 bucks on special. Why allow people discounted access when they can sell normal day tickets and annual passes for loads more. It's just good business to keep your 500 million dollar expansion exclusive to dayside full price ops and then sell add on HHN tickets during what will probably be the biggest year in the Studios history.

0d834df7010ca1d4e066113d920b8cdd.jpg

c2f6e72beceb9a708a573642d1466835.jpg

I was never able to experience this format? for those who did how was it?

- - - Updated - - -

i also believe that for an anniversary HHN they should return all the best houses through the years....maybe have a fan vote or something...it thank that would be awesome!

If you're doing a dual park event... both parks need to be fully open. No barriers where you can't access Springfield, MIB, etc.

The event has clearly begun to outgrow USF... I definitely think if not this next HHN, 25 will be in both parks.

I was never able to experience this format? for those who did how was it?

- - - Updated - - -

i also believe that for an anniversary HHN they should return all the best houses through the years....maybe have a fan vote or something...it thank that would be awesome!

I loved the format, and really really enjoyed the event at IOA. Now Drew mentioned how both parks needed to be open. Well both of these years they opened up most of the rest of the parks. They would open up major attractions like MIB and BTTF and fill in dead areas with a roaming horde or placed scareactors. They would do this on capacity nights.

When it was in both parks, was the event open later? Seems almost impossible for someone going one night to see everything (or maybe that is point ).

HHN 14 was one of the best years ever for the event, period. Fantastic houses (minus Disorientorium :lol:), fantastic scare zones, great B&T show, the return of the parade as well as the party zones...just pure awesomeness. The only issue with both parks being used that year was that there was quite a bit of dead space, but that is something that can easily be fixed if they ever do it again.

HHN 15 (Tales of Terror) I absolutely loved as well (even though several of the houses that year were pretty crappy) but that too suffered from a lot of dead space. The entire USF side of the event had zero scare actors running around, IIRC.