Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A few people mentioned Alien, I would love that as well, or in video games Deadspace ... in general, I find horror settings in space more frightening because there is no where to escape to. The movie Pandorum is another great example.

One person mentioned The Descent, yes, I was watching this again a few weeks ago and haunted house was one of the first things that came to my mind.

Thirteen Ghosts would make a great maze as well, I am talking about the remake from 2001, the basement in which the ghosts are locked looks just like a haunt.

As for a '3D' maze, have Darren Lynn Boussman do something along the lines of his Devil's Carnival ...

Originally La Llorona was supposed to be a Grimm tie in this year, wonder why it didn't happen
There was never a tie in with Grimm, it was a FALSE rumor

I was never able to experience this format? for those who did how was it?

- - - Updated - - -

i also believe that for an anniversary HHN they should return all the best houses through the years....maybe have a fan vote or something...it thank that would be awesome!

It had A LOT of walking.

------

I have my annual predictions for 24 and some I'm keeping to myself but I'll share some right now...

2012 as of MARCH/APRIL it was supposed to be 2 parks but it was dropped at the last moment due to a few reasons (Dont ask cause I wont tell you why).. So do I predict 2 parks? Yes and No but I'm more saying no (Unless they get a budget increase and I dont see that happening anytime soon).

Do I want 2 parks? Not really, 2004 was amazing but as I said before it was A LOT of walking and I cant imagine how tickets will cost if they 2 parks.

As an owner of a VERY popular HHN website, the biggest thing Im hearing from my audiance is they want there money's worth.. In the history of FFP (Started in 02), they sold more FFP then every before. Why? Its cause a FFP cause less then a one night ticket.

Imagine how much Express will be if 2 parks *Shivers at that thought*.

Anyways what is to give A&D some more power back like they used to.. Granted Marketing as called the shots before its only got worse over the last couple yrs.. This past yr it was Marketing who wanted TWD streets, not A&D.. A&D had some nice plans (Like a Havoc Street).

Also I might note the HIGHEST rated houses this yr werent even the center of attention this yr at the event (AWIL and CITW).

Its sad to see the event has changed so much within the last couple yrs and IMO its not the Greatest event in the WORLD.. I never been to Hollywood but Murdy and Knotts are putting one hell of shows out there from everything I've seen on the web.

Anyways my rant is over til next time

Reactions: Skubersky
I seriously, really hope they finally get off TWD high they are on because TWD two years in a row, was in IMO, ridiculous. I used to go to HHN a lot but after the Storyteller, I've feigned interest in going. This year was when I decided to go again and boy was I disappointed. I was expecting what I remember what HHN used to be, instead there was a bunch of walkers walking around and not much of that HHN magic that used to be. Here's hoping UC gets their act together and bring back that magic of HHN.

They really need to stop the walking dead I mean really can it be like the good ol days when we had an icon like 23 and 22 we had nothing. Set scarezones with an icon thats all im asking for like jack would be the best.

Per OI's facebook..jack the clown is rumored to be returning at HHN 24

I don't buy it.

4 years of hiatus after Creative saying that HHN XX was the end of an era just doesn't fly. If they were going to bring him back though, the exception would be HHN 25.

What do you mean end of an era? As in creative substance? I wasnt around for that but i do agree on the 25. I would assume big icons would return

Halloween Horror Nights 2013 posted that on Facebook two days ago:

"Here is the promised post, today I recieved and e-mail from someone who also sends me insider knowledge at the park about rides and more. Today apparently one of the actors (who is currently playing the grinch at grinchmas) signed a contract to be jack the clown at a all new show at HHN 24. The insider I recieved this info from has gotten me info not released for months. let's cross our fingers on this one -Main Mod."

"Here is the promised post, today I recieved and e-mail from someone who also sends me insider knowledge at the park about rides and more. Today apparently one of the actors (who is currently playing the grinch at grinchmas) signed a contract to be jack the clown at a all new show at HHN 24. The insider I recieved this info from has gotten me info not released for months. let's cross our fingers on this one -Main Mod."

If true, nice way to get that kid fired.

Seems somewhat dubious, tho, in that they haven't even cast Beetlejuices in the new BJ show yet. To put it bluntly, there are enough former Jacks around that I don't know you need to lock one in 10 months out.

I seruously dont think shows are being planned right now for HHN 24. They dont even have the event approved by corp yet, my guess is there still figuring out the house list right now. Stuff doesnt get approved to Jan or Feb

There is one thing that could give the Jack rumor some legs. It was very odd that the collectible merchandise was all focused around him, with no reason for it and practically no presence anywhere in the park.

Could possibly have been marketing feeling out popularity with the limited runs, and since they were in extremely high demand and sold out nearly instantly who knows.

There is one thing that could give the Jack rumor some legs. It was very odd that the collectible merchandise was all focused around him, with no reason for it and practically no presence anywhere in the park.

Could possibly have been marketing feeling out popularity with the limited runs, and since they were in extremely high demand and sold out nearly instantly who knows.

I think it was Jack because it was a safe bet and they knew it would sell. I wouldn't be surprised to see The Caretaker or The Director next.

I definitely think we will see a return of The Walking Dead again this year. Other haunts would ridicule Universal for not doing so. It's a huge source of cash-flow, and I think that only when attendance figures drop from the previous year (for example, if 2014 does lower numbers than 2013) will we see it gone.

Of course, to capitalize on this, it would still have to be one of the focal points of the event's marketing and theming. But I had another thought...maybe after AMC saw the success with which The Walking Dead was rolled out into theme park format, as well as how much Universal would bend over backwards to try to please them, maybe they're the ones that are controlling its usage. Is it possible that AMC won't allow Universal to just stop at one haunted house? Maybe part of the terms of licensing the property is that Universal HAS to make TWD the star of the show. I don't know any of this for fact, just throwing it out there as a possibility.

Of course, if this happens to be true in any form, I'm guessing we will see TWD-centric events until the show's popularity/HHN's attendance wanes. I just don't see Universal giving up The Walking Dead anytime soon, considering the money its generated after some lackluster years.

I definitely think we will see a return of The Walking Dead again this year. Other haunts would ridicule Universal for not doing so. It's a huge source of cash-flow, and I think that only when attendance figures drop from the previous year (for example, if 2014 does lower numbers than 2013) will we see it gone.

Of course, to capitalize on this, it would still have to be one of the focal points of the event's marketing and theming. But I had another thought...maybe after AMC saw the success with which The Walking Dead was rolled out into theme park format, as well as how much Universal would bend over backwards to try to please them, maybe they're the ones that are controlling its usage. Is it possible that AMC won't allow Universal to just stop at one haunted house? Maybe part of the terms of licensing the property is that Universal HAS to make TWD the star of the show. I don't know any of this for fact, just throwing it out there as a possibility.

Of course, if this happens to be true in any form, I'm guessing we will see TWD-centric events until the show's popularity/HHN's attendance wanes. I just don't see Universal giving up The Walking Dead anytime soon, considering the money its generated after some lackluster years.

No need to change until less money is made and attendance falls...that is not a foreword thinking creative model...unfortunately it makes a great business model though..seems very firmiliar :ears:

Like they say and what you said Sheikra...if it aint broke, don't fix it. I don't mind the Walking Dead being there again this year...just not as the central theme...do away with the park wide scarezones and just dedicate an entire house just for the walking dead. I'm sure the last half of the season will provide plenty of good house spaces. I would definitely like to see something other than TWD take over the reins of a central theme this year though.

Listen guys I love this site and I think we are all dedicated to HHN I am too. I just want to let you know im 12 years old and I am a die hard HHN fan. I went to the mall today and there was this guy who can put any picture on a t shirt. I went up and showed him a picture of Jack and he started laughing. He said yeah I can do that and I got Jack The Clown on a white t shirt an that's the kind of fan I am lol. I really hope Jack will be back he is my favorite HHN icon and I think he will do a lot of good to the event.

Last edited:
Listen guys I love this site and I think we are all dedicated to HHN I am too. I just want to let you know im 12 years old and I am a die hard HHN fan. I went to the mall today and there was this guy who can put any picture on a t shirt. I went up and showed him a picture of Jack and he started laughing. He said yeah I can do that and I got Jack The Clown on a white t shirt an that's the kind of fan I am lol. I really hope Jack will be back he is my favorite HHN icon and I think he will do a lot of good to the event.

I definitely could see Jack returning...he is the Mickey Mouse of HHN in a way