Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

I don't know, I'm getting the feeling TWD is going to make a comeback but as the same exact house. Do any of the insiders know if the parade building is empty?

They have never done it before, I don't see that happening.

The closest thing that's ever happened there would be the event's earliest years when they reused elements of Dungeon of Terror, and then Screamhouse: Revisited in 2003 - but the latter made quite a few changes from the original 2002 incarnation.

There's no chance in hell they'd straight up reuse an entire house, they know that would piss off the general public and fans alike.

Now there are rumors going around that Jack will be back because they say the Grinch from Macy's Parade signed a contract to be in a all new show with Jack the Clown. I think this will happen maybe JACK will return in just a show this year because if they put him as full icon then there would be no story because of TWD all these years. So I think he will be in a awesome show, then in HHN 25 Jack might try to reincarnate Bloody Marry or vice versa, and then whenever Bloody Marry reincarnates Jack or vice versa then they will reincarnate all of the other HHN icons for a 25th year celebration tell me what you think about that.

If Jack DOES come back.. then the new era of IPs I mean Darkness means NOTHING

And that would be a great thing... Honestly this "new era of Darkness" has brought nothing good. Fear? Lady Luck? two years of Walking Dead? Two awful video Game houses?
2011 had some amazing houses I will agree to that. But overall as far as the streets go and as far as the Icons go now, this new era is not really that good.

If they think bringing back Jack or the other past icons will be better then so be it. I am actually looking forward to see Jack again. I never hated him like others do, I Like Jack and I Loved his show in 2007.

Jack and Chance were great and that show was pretty good. That year also had pretty amazing houses. So if they are bringing back the old stuff I say, that's great.

The closest thing that's ever happened there would be the event's earliest years when they reused elements of Dungeon of Terror, and then Screamhouse: Revisited in 2003 - but the latter made quite a few changes from the original 2002 incarnation.

There's no chance in hell they'd straight up reuse an entire house, they know that would piss off the general public and fans alike.

Eh, they do it all the time in Hollywood.

Eh, they do it all the time in Hollywood.

This is not Hollywood. The Hollywood audience has been conditioned to expect at least one "repeat" house each year (but actually - did that even happen this year?) and they hate it. Not the hardcore fan, the average Joe guest constantly complained about the repeat houses - so they've largely stopped doing them. That sort of stunt would not go over well.

I do not believe for one second that the Walking Dead house still stands in the Parade Building, sorry.

This is not Hollywood. The Hollywood audience has been conditioned to expect at least one "repeat" house each year (but actually - did that even happen this year?) and they hate it. Not the hardcore fan, the average Joe guest constantly complained about the repeat houses - so they've largely stopped doing them. That sort of stunt would not go over well.

I do not believe for one second that the Walking Dead house still stands in the Parade Building, sorry.

what you are saying is true,but with the way things are going with Hollywood Influencing Orlando so much, I wouldn't be surprised if the house comes back exactly where it is now, but with a few changes. Maybe some of the rooms will change or something.

but Honestly, after Getting Silent Hill shoved down our throats because of Hollywood, Plus Alice Cooper, and having Walking Dead taking over the park,
I honestly don't see why they couldn't bring the house back with a couple of changes. It almost makes perfect sense. People will come no matter what and Uni doesn't have to change everything in the house. it's like a "Win Win" situation for them

Most Haunts change a few rooms here and there.. Do I want TWD back? Of course not but if it does there is nothing we can do about it.. Best of luck to UO PR/Media teams in controlling the outrage though.

Sadly $$ talks more then we realize and as I said earlier Universal has always had IP's since the very beginning in 1991.. Hell Hollywood had Penn and Teller in 1992.

Do I miss the IOA yrs and 2008? Heck yeah and I still have hope we'll get a very iconic yr sooner or later.

Most Haunts change a few rooms here and there.. Do I want TWD back? Of course not but if it does there is nothing we can do about it.. Best of luck to UO PR/Media teams in controlling the outrage though.

Sadly $$ talks more then we realize and as I said earlier Universal has always had IP's since the very beginning in 1991.. Hell Hollywood had Penn and Teller in 1992.

Do I miss the IOA yrs and 2008? Heck yeah and I still have hope we'll get a very iconic yr sooner or later.

The outrage? I think its pretty safe to say all the money Walking Dead brings in is an indicator that people like it............

The outrage? I think its pretty safe to say all the money Walking Dead brings in is an indicator that people like it............

This. It's still a pop culture phenom--not a genre phenom, across all of pop culture. This is like having the rights to Star Wars in 1980. Yeah, it's been around a couple years, but still very relevant. The only way I see TWD leaving HHN before at least 2016 is if AMC gets greedy.