Halloween Horror Nights 26: Reviews & Photos | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26: Reviews & Photos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We managed to do all the houses last night with express. And to be honest Chances house imo was not the worst. I would give the worst to the Halloween house. I will have to review them later from my pc. Were worn out in our hotel room. My negativity of the halloween house has to do with the fact that there was no ceiling above these sets and is the walls are abour 9 foot tall. The sound stage was still well lit above you. In my oppinion it took you right out of the emersion. And too much whooshing sounds of plastic knives.

FWIW, houses do no not have ceilings. Tomb does, but that's a new thing.

AWIL had a ceiling for the subway part. Besides that there is usually only a ceiling if there is a scare above. Walking though the houses there is always so much that draws in your eyes that I am sure if you asked 10 people, 9 wouldn't realize there were no ceilings. I usually look up and around after multiple runs, sometimes to kinda get your bearings in the house, especially the tents, you can read the roof like a starry night sky to get your location. I have been attempting at getting a rough layout of tomb by doing this.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Joel
Didn't Alien vs. Predator have a ceiling? At least in portions with the tunnel? (yes I know, another exception to the rule)

AWIL had a ceiling for the subway part. Besides that there is usually only a ceiling if there is a scare above. Walking though the houses there is always so much that draws in your eyes that I am sure if you asked 10 people, 9 wouldn't realize there were no ceilings. I usually look up and around after multiple runs, sometimes to kinda get your bearings in the house, especially the tents, you can read the roof like a starry night sky to get your location. I have been attempting at getting a rough layout of tomb by doing this.

The only time is when it was a close quarter scare. Tomb is the only house that as ceilings throughout. Point is, you're not going to have a ceiling at every scene, especially when it's an "outside" one.

Sometimes I wish they covered the ceiling with a black tarp or some fabric or something.
Something light and cheap but that could cover the ceiling. Maybe its too much work for something that most people wont care or notice

So, last night was a blast. We got through the gates around 6:20 and were able to do 8/9 houses (No Lunatics).
Ghost Town- Fun house, got a few scares, but it certainly was a great house for the eyes.
4/5
TWD- Surprisingly, this was an OK house. It wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't great.
3/5
Halloween- I had a pretty fun walk-through of this house. The actors were really trying, and it showed. Dumpster Michael got me pretty badly.
4/5
Tomb Of the Ancients- I'm not a claustrophobic. But there were points in the house where I had a sense of being completely lost and confined. Really good job.
5/5
Texas Chainsaw Massacre- I heard that this house wasn't the greatest. The actors were terrifying. I had a few typical scares like normal until I was walking out. I was aware that they had Leatherfaces outside. But I was under the impression that there were only two. Not three. So I let my guard down, and I heard a bloodcurdling scream, I turned, and Pretty Lady Leatherface was right in my face with a chainsaw revving. I had never been that scared at HHN. I screamed and froze up. Fun.
5/5
Exorcist- The actors and actresses are what saved this house for me. I probably didn't have the best walkthrough, as the stopping issue was the worst of the night for this house. I really liked the pea soup scene, but the rest were sort of "eh". Probably the least favorite of my experience.
2/5
Krampus- I had a smile the entire time going through. It was scary at points, but at others, it had the sort of silliness feel the movie had to it.
4/5
AHS- I was pretty excited for this house (Besides TCM). Murder house and Freakshow were the best parts, but Hotel was just kind of confusing to me. Still got scares though.
4/5

I enjoyed all of the scarezones. I had some really fun interactions (Joining the factions were really fun) and the Vamp 55 zone was really funny. I talked to the principal about getting back to class, I said I don't have a hall pass, he said; "I'd hit you with this paddle, but you'd probably enjoy it". Just so much fun.

I also saw @BriMan in Moes along with a few other people which I assume are members from OU, but I didn't recognize anybody else. I didn't want to bother anyone, so I just waved and met up with my group.

Didn't see any shows, which is sort of a bummer, but I'm still pretty satisfied.

Overall, a fantastic night, and a beautiful job of the Universal and HHN Team.
IMG_8998.JPG IMG_9003.JPG

Last edited:
So, last night was a blast. We got through the gates around 6:20 and were able to do 8/9 houses (No Lunatics).
Ghost Town- Fun house, got a few scares, but it certainly was a great house for the eyes.
4/5
TWD- Surprisingly, this was an OK house. It wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't great.
3/5
Halloween- I had a pretty fun walk-through of this house. The actors were really trying, and it showed. Dumpster Michael got me pretty badly.
4/5
Tomb Of the Ancients- I'm not a claustrophobic. But there were points in the house where I had a sense of being completely lost and confined. Really good job.
5/5
Texas Chainsaw Massacre- I heard that this house wasn't the greatest. The actors were terrifying. I had a few typical scares like normal until I was walking out. I was aware that they had Leatherfaces outside. But I was under the impression that there were only two. Not three. So I let my guard down, and I heard a bloodcurdling scream, I turned, and Pretty Lady Leatherface was right in my face with a chainsaw revving. I had never been that scared at HHN. I screamed and froze up. Just so fun.
5/5
Exorcist- The actors and actresses are what saved this house for me. I probably didn't have the best walkthrough, as the stopping issue was the worst of the night for this house. I really liked the pea soup scene, but the rest were sort of "eh". Probably the least favorite of my experience.
2/5
Krampus- I had a smile the entire time going through. It was scary at points, but at others, it had the sort of silliness feel the movie had to it.
4/5
AHS- I was pretty excited for this house (Besides TCM). Murder house and Freakshow were the best parts, but Hotel was just kind of confusing to me. Still got scares though.
4/5

I enjoyed all of the scarezones. I had some really fun interactions (Joining the factions were really fun) and the Vamp 55 zone was really funny. I talked to the principal about getting back to class, I said I don't have a hall pass, he said; "I'd hit you with this paddle, but you'd probably enjoy it". Just so much fun.

I also saw BriMan in Moes along with a few other people which I assume are members from OU, but I didn't recognize anybody else. I didn't want to bother anyone, so I just waved and met up with my group.

Didn't see any shows, which is sort of a bummer, but I'm still pretty satisfied.

Overall, a fantastic night, and a beautiful job of the Universal and HHN Team.
View attachment 3110 View attachment 3111
That TCM review is brilliant! :lol:

Reactions: hishedale
The most forgettable houses to me were TCM and Halloween. Its just all down to personal opinion. Im not looking to get flamed from it. I enjoy those franchises, they might just be getting a little tired. And ofcourse everyones opinions will be different based on actors missing you or scaring people in front or behind you. The energy changes throughout their shifts. I just feel that the houses that had very tall rooms were the best because you didnt see into the sound stage out of your peripherals. I can always forgive the "outdoor" portions of houses but the interiors feel like they need something. I also understand the safety rules set by the fire department but something about all the huge green glowing exit signs inside the tomb of the ancients peeved me. And a scare actor popped through a wall that was just a well lit portion of a sound stage with no attempt to hide any of it. Perhaps not drinking this year just made me more particular. I was really impressed with the energy and enthusiasm of all the scareactors and to me they reedeemed all my gripes. I loved all of the scare zones this year equally. However i felt that maybe instead of a scarezone in simpsons they should move it to diagon. Express pass is always a must have if youre only doing one night.

Reactions: s8film40
The most forgettable houses to me were TCM and Halloween. Its just all down to personal opinion. Im not looking to get flamed from it. I enjoy those franchises, they might just be getting a little tired. And ofcourse everyones opinions will be different based on actors missing you or scaring people in front or behind you. The energy changes throughout their shifts. I just feel that the houses that had very tall rooms were the best because you didnt see into the sound stage out of your peripherals. I can always forgive the "outdoor" portions of houses but the interiors feel like they need something. I also understand the safety rules set by the fire department but something about all the huge green glowing exit signs inside the tomb of the ancients peeved me. And a scare actor popped through a wall that was just a well lit portion of a sound stage with no attempt to hide any of it. Perhaps not drinking this year just made me more particular. I was really impressed with the energy and enthusiasm of all the scareactors and to me they reedeemed all my gripes. I loved all of the scare zones this year equally. However i felt that maybe instead of a scarezone in simpsons they should move it to diagon. Express pass is always a must have if youre only doing one night.
My review shows how I'll never forget TCM.