Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 132 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So Trick R Treat is actually coming to USF as the IP itself; but as a scarezone?

Never really believed that myself, so I am actually shocked.
Technically, it already did as an original sscarezone in 2008- "The Skoolhouse". It was very much inspired by/loosely based upon "Trick R Treat". It even had the schoolbus (which was used for cast change).

Then 2012 had the "Traditionals" horde which were a bunch of trick or treaters.

Ironically, The Skoolhouse SZ was located in Central Park just like "Trick R Treat" is located on the map for this year. So I'd just say expect more of the same since the movie Trick R Treat is not exactly SZ material.

Reactions: SeventyOne
That Scarecrow house looks a lot creepier than I thought it would, whoever decided to set it during the Dust Bowl is a genius. Honestly sometimes the creative team amazes with just how... creative they can get

Reactions: SeventyOne
My brain isn't working... what are the actual physical locations this year?

The first 4 are in the sound stages, right?

Then Jigsaw in Shrek, two in the sprung tent, and one in the parade building...

Where's the last one?

My brain isn't working... what are the actual physical locations this year?

The first 4 are in the sound stages, right?

Then Jigsaw in Shrek, two in the sprung tent, and one in the parade building...

Where's the last one?

To list.

• The Two Sprung Tents by Simpsons and Kidzone
  • MiB Extended Queue
  • Parade Building
  • Shrek 4-D
  • Two mazes in SS24
  • Two other Soundstages
Hope that answers that question in a way that I can.

I'm kind of wishing USF had the "Titans of Terror" even though we've seen so many of the same slashers year after year recently.

You know I'm curious. @Legacy what's your Ranking in terms of this Years Original Mazes Scenic-Wise?
I've only seen details from a couple of them, plus last night. So... I can't really do that. Soundstages then sprungs?

Everything I've heard (and I've mentioned this before), the scale of the houses this year seems like something else. They sound like unimpressive details on their own (more fake trees than ever, a house with more stonework than any before, bloodiest house ever, if true at all), but taken collectively this is a big year. The Voodoo facade sounds bigger than any before it (but I haven't seen it). They're pushing envelopes conceptually. Even if they were actively marketing the past few weeks, that would have likely been lost.

And they also "feel" almost ahead of schedule. A couple of houses, I think, are basically "show ready." Everything else is finalizing at this point.

I've only seen details from a couple of them, plus last night. So... I can't really do that. Soundstages then sprungs?

Everything I've heard (and I've mentioned this before), the scale of the houses this year seems like something else. They sound like unimpressive details on their own (more fake trees than ever, a house with more stonework than any before, bloodiest house ever, if true at all), but taken collectively this is a big year. The Voodoo facade sounds bigger than any before it (but I haven't seen it). They're pushing envelopes conceptually. Even if they were actively marketing the past few weeks, that would have likely been lost.

And they also "feel" almost ahead of schedule. A couple of houses, I think, are basically "show ready." Everything else is finalizing at this point.
This IMO is far better than marketing houses early.

That sounds amazing, you have got me so excited for this year!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Joel and Grits0808

I can guess which houses have the most trees and stonework. But which is the bloodiest? Ash? Potentially vampire?

If anything I replied to "The Ifrit" with the comment "Dead Waters" and he liked my Tweet. So that's the name of the Maze.

Sorry if it's already been discussed, but seeing as American Horror Story has quite a presence at HHN, do we think we could see the 'Maniacal Mystery Bus' make an appearance this year?

The bus is currently being used as a promotional tool for AHS: Cult and seems to be coming to a different location each week with various clowns doing street performances and generally creeping out the public...