Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

I would point to what happened to those TWD/Goosebumps attractions they created but never got actually built..

It does show that there is potential to the IP, but I would throw out dark ride.
Yeah I agree, I wouldn't be too surprised if the FNaF dark ride never gets built. Of course we all know now that while Sally's specific attraction hasn't panned out we do now have a TWD attraction as well as multiple years of it's presence in HHN. The fact that they've put effort and money into pushing this franchise in the theme park setting shows that they feel it could work.

Bold YHUGE Projections!!

Your gonna be so proud of my projections, and how they single handedly changed the course to make HHN27 GREAT!

Killer Clowns from Outer space (FINALLY)
Amityville Horror
AHS
Friday the 13th
Conjuring
Walking Dead

10 Houses Total

Brand new Icon

AOV Returns

In addition Horror Nights expands to Wed through Sunday operation starting first weekend of October.

Repository returns as a sequel or totally new upcharge house altogether.

Also just cause it's a silly thread of BOLD YHUGE PROJECTIONS. I'm gonna say HELLGATE PRISON returns in an all new way.

I'm going to fly down and smack you and make you edit this post lol

I would point to what happened to those TWD/Goosebumps attractions they created but never got actually built..

It does show that there is potential to the IP, but I would throw out dark ride.

As long as they offer it, there's still a chance. The only one out of those which is truly never happening is the Goosebumps one since that was announced one year and quietly dropped the next. (Though the Slappy AA they made found it's way into the Scream in the Dark ride which was built.)

As for TWD, they're still advertising it. Though what I find interesting is the FNaF ride looks to be a original/new ride, while the TWD one is actually a IP-reskin of the original Zombie Apocalypse ride they debuted a year or two before they slapped TWD on it. (Admittedly, TWD might be more sellable as a walkthrough as TrioTech just announced a Fear the Walking Dead walk through attraction that's opening next year in Vegas's Fremont Street.)

Bold YHUGE Projections!!

Your gonna be so proud of my projections, and how they single handedly changed the course to make HHN27 GREAT!

Killer Clowns from Outer space (FINALLY)
Amityville Horror
AHS
Friday the 13th
Conjuring
Walking Dead

10 Houses Total

Brand new Icon

AOV Returns

In addition Horror Nights expands to Wed through Sunday operation starting first weekend of October.

Repository returns as a sequel or totally new upcharge house altogether.

Also just cause it's a silly thread of BOLD YHUGE PROJECTIONS. I'm gonna say HELLGATE PRISON returns in an all new way.
None of this would surprise me...

I'd still rather Hell High, but Hellgate feels more in line with what Ghost Town pulled off.

I'm a little disappointed they don't release walkthrough videos of houses after the season ends. I forgot to ask my our guide if there were any posted layouts of the mazes like for fire escape plans and such. Especially the tents. I mean it's not like were ever going to see them again, even if the layouts to two are similar.

Anyways HHN 27
for originals...
Hoping for a Nightingales or Catacombs sequel/prequel whatever.

Maybe a return of Scary Tales or a Scary Tales spin off similar to Asylum in Wonderland
Maybe a return to Asylum in Wonderland that is a bit more filled out and has more actors and more scares.

Something space themed. I feel like it's been missing (minus AVP).

As for returning house, if Werewolf and Halloween are an indicator, the properties that could return are FVJ, Insidious, and maybe Purge? I don't really know what was at 25 that could return. Halloween seemed so drastically different from its original (unlike werewolf) that I guess they have the budget for 9 completely new houses. And Insidious 4 would just seem like a new house and not a return, unless they try to include them all together maybe in a super house?
I'd welcome FVJ again. Or either as stand alone, but with a preference on Freddy.

New IPs
Obviously Conjuring is top of my list. If they could do an Anabelle/Conjuring/Conjuring2 mashup I'd be forever grateful. Some great characters to use for mini scenes and distractions. And some really great demons. I would love to see that nun painting coming to life somehow (I have my own ideas :) lol)

Poltergeist, although admittedly I don't know exactly how to go about it, but AHS isn't exactly terrifying and they still made a compelling house.

V/H/S so great and could offer a great variety of terrors and themes. Just pick the best 6-8 short stories!

Maybe the VVItch.. although it is definitely not a typical horror, and may not lend itself to a house. Maybe if they do an original house based on classic pagan myth they could try to capture this tone.

I know that's not a complete list, these are just hopeful thinking ideas.

Also, I'd like them to change up the way they scare too. It seems like most of the actor hiding places are very obvious. A slightly smaller doorway with fabric hanging down is a bit obvious or a big hole in a wall. I mean don't get me wrong they get me sometimes but it gets predictable. And they were so proud of the piano scare in ghost town (which is definitely cool) but I feel like that should be more prevalent... like objects and walls opening up when they look static or solid. It's a minor complaint, as even when I know where people are the environment mixed with sound and lighting cues can still startle me better than any of my local haunts.

And that's my poorly structured rant. It's 3:15 here so I apologize for any bad formatting and or lack of interesting information.

I would really really love a fvj sequel.
Hollywood did it. It looked pretty cool, i would love to see jason and freddy again.

But i would be happy with friday the 13th by itlself. A repeat of 2007 house

Last edited:
Maybe the VVItch.. although it is definitely not a typical horror, and may not lend itself to a house. Maybe if they do an original house based on classic pagan myth they could try to capture this tone.

This would HAVE to be an original. As much as I love The VVitch (one of my top films of the year so-far), that just does not lend itself to a house.

An original with a pagan theme and iconography would be pretty sweet though.

I would really really love a fvj sequel.
Hollywood did it. It looked pretty cool, i would love to see jason and freddy again.

But i would be happy with friday the 13th by itlself. A repeat of 2007 house

I could see a reimgined Friday the 13th house, either based on the original movie or spanning some or all of them. Like Halloween 2, could reuse the Jason costumes and Camp Crystal Lake sets up front, but still make it feel like a different house overall.

Icons are merch monsters. If you have an original face to slap on anything HHN it's just easy money and marketing for the event!
27 will have nothing less than 9 houses as that is the new standard along with a classic slasher-current trend of HHN but always welcomed in my opinion! Halloween and TCM were such underrated houses this year. Wouldn't mind seeing sequels of Friday or Elmstreet- so much material thru all those movies

I know AHS is coming back next year with 2,3, and 6 but season 6 truly could be its own house on its own.
Yup. I'm pretty mad it won't be getting its own house (unless Universal decides to make 3 AHS houses next year). I expect next year's house to lean heavily on Roanoke.

As I said on OU Radio splitting AHS into two houses could work well. Doubles capacity of the hottest property and each season can work separate.

How would this work with royalties being owed? Would they have to pay double as it's 2 houses/seasons but then that throws up it's own question of what they paid this year for 3 seasons.

We're fairly certain the contract was already sorted for a multi-year deal before 26 so just wondering if it's success would change the plans.

How would this work with royalties being owed? Would they have to pay double as it's 2 houses/seasons but then that throws up it's own question of what they paid this year for 3 seasons.

We're fairly certain the contract was already sorted for a multi-year deal before 26 so just wondering if it's success would change the plans.

I dunno I have no inside info and they barely have any plans for next year yet. I'm just thinking out of the box.

I dunno I have no inside info and they barely have any plans for next year yet. I'm just thinking out of the box.
Oh yeh I get that's it's all speculation at this point was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how it would work as it's a bit of a new one for HHN.

Oh yeh I get that's it's all speculation at this point was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how it would work as it's a bit of a new one for HHN.
I wouldn't be surprised if every deal with each IP is different and has its own unique quirks.

I'm expecting new IPs will be:
the Split (blumhouse/universal)
Channel Zero (based off lovecraft stories)(universal)
Some Fox owned property outside AHS
Get Out (Blumhouse)
IT (WB)

Get Out (Blumhouse)
IT (WB)

Isn't Channel Zero based more off of Creepy-pasta as opposed to Lovecraft?

I wouldn't be shocked if Channel Zero comes to HHN, mainly due to the material within the house being anonymous to a different audience that could be interesting to have for HHN; but I would actually want to say that it'd be best if they wait a season more to do it, if merely by the possibilities that they could do with a Creepy-pasta based house.

Get Out (Blumhouse)
IT (WB)

Seeing as I have again a little info here...

Absolutely not to SPLIT... no environments or characters...
Absolutely not to GET OUT... no environments or characters plus bound to be controversial...

Really everyone's reaching here. It's probably just going to be Insidious and MAYBE Ouija.