Please share your opinions and photos of this year's event here. Reminder that there will be spoilers in this thread. PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO ONLY PHOTOS AND REVIEW IN THIS THREAD.
Quote of the Day: "Made the wives crumble in fear". Gotta love that.1. Fallen - Great scenic. Great costumes. In your face scares during all 3 runs. Made the wives crumble in fear.
2. Scarecrow - Another great scenic house with in your face scares. Can be a bit dark in spots but that's a nitpick.
3. AHS - Didn't expect Vol 2 to be better than 1, but here we are. Roanoke felt the weakest to me. Surprisingly, felt Coven was best.
4. Dead Waters - Beautiful house with unique layout and scares, but toooo short. If it had 3-4 extra scenes, may have been #1.
5. Hive - Probably the "scariest" house. Did a good attempt at hiding that it was the Conjuring. First half is def weakest, but finishes with a strong latter half. Our run tonight was crazy.
6. Shining - Great job with this house as the movie is not overly scary. Feels like something is missing though.
7. Ash v ED - Has fun moments, and a couple scares but this is where the pack starts to seperate.
8. Blumhouse - Apparently I may have had a bad run? Only did this house once but meh. Finale was fun though. Gonna give it more chances.
9. Saw - The bottom of the pack. Felt cheesy with the "You're in the game to make it out of the maze alive" and just see a series of "Best of". The whole house is the worst of the Member Berries. Was cool to see the bathroom scene though.
1. Trick r Treat: Beautiful atmosphere. Even though it's more of the same down Central Park, it's different enough to feel fresh.
2. Invasion: I don't care what anyone says about this zone. I could watch these actors all day. I loved the campy attitude.
3. Roaming Clowns - Still works and actors having a lot of fun.
4. The Purge: It's the Purge. Cool, but let this be it.
5. Festival of the Deadliest: Definitely the most incomplete but it has a lot of promise once it's done.
6. Altars of Horror: I'd rather have Nightmaze back. At least that was an attempt to be creative.
Bill and Ted: I loved it. Had a few misses, but overall enjoyable. Glad to see the old Ted back.
It's an overall strong year, but I know Opening Weekend was hampered by the impact of Irma. Gotta see next week to get better idea.
I was told there's a phone number for Mary Agana's Babysitting Service in the bar scene in Ash vs the Evil Dead.Just curious every single year there is usually Easter eggs in mazes for fans to remind them of the past or hint new things coming in the future.
Like last year in Krampus they had The Amityville Globe (Which I know was shot down) for Conjuring (Which didn't happen) and Sam's Lollipop for Trick 'r Treat.
So I was just curious if anyone has seen any in the Mazes thus far and if they have photos.
Spot on with that. If you want to get scared at the event this year, this is the one zone that will even get those who pride themselves on not getting scared. It's not even close how far the disparity between this zone and the rest are.1. Chainsaw Clowns—Scary clowns are the most hackneyed cliché in horror. Chainsaws are the most overused trope at HHN. And yet … with zero sets and basic make-up, these scare-actors go for it. They genuinely love scaring people. It’s a joy to sit back with a beer and watch them go about their work. Best cast of any house or zone this year.
What's this about Finn's??Can't get across how much I miss the social aspect of Finns this year.