Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

Fine, I didn't go anywhere.

Might this be the post with the codenames? There was this and one in which you used the word dynamite that kinda stuck out to me.

Big Surprise and Snowed sound like codenames.

Dynamite one might have been on another board.

My picks for the 4 not happening are NoES, Halloween, It and Conjuring

I used that exact term on another board! heh heh

I am kinda over the moon seeing Legacy like my posts. I spent all my downtime at work reading his posts and also trying to pay attention to what he liked. :)
You (basically) identified two of the them.

You (basically) identified two of the them.

So, according to these clues of the 4 Properties here’s a basic rundown of what we know:

Speculated Properties:
- Trick ‘r Treat
- Halloween
- Nightmare on Elm Street
- Stranger Things(confirmed)
- American Horror Story(generally assumed to show up)
- IT
- George Remoro Best Of
- Alien
- The Conjuring
- The Thing
- The Lost Boys

In a previous post I listed 3 Properties(Conjuring, Lost Boys, and IT) and Legacy responded that, out of 3 Properties, 2 were not coming. Since, according to the Orlando thread, IT is not coming that means that the list can be narrowed down. Legacy also responded to Robert’s list of 4 of the speculated properties, and said 2 were not coming. Possibly a connection but I think 3/4 are IT, Lost Boys, & NoES. Conjuring seems plausible to not happen, but Lost Boys seems to have been a recently new rumor that came out of nowhere(I could be wrong though). Just a guess but maybe the last one is Alien, Conjuring, or Trick ‘r Treat

Edit - So far it also seems like we have 2 codenames, Dynamite and Poison. Anyone got guesses? :)

Last edited:
Judging by the fact Legacy liked this post:

I think it’s safe to assume Dynamite = The Thing.
I think Legacy liking the post signified that Dynamite is a codename, not that Dynamite=The Thing, as on another forum, he didn't like my post making the same connection.

If I'm wrong @Legacy , like that post I made right after your dynamite post on HNN.

Alright, I'm heading to bed, I've had enough lost sleep on these forums, been looking like a Romero zombie myself :sick:. Goodnight y'all

I think Legacy liking the post signified that Dynamite is a codename, not that Dynamite=The Thing, as on another forum, he didn't like my post making the same connection.

If I'm wrong @Legacy , like that post I made right after your dynamite post on HNN.

I didn’t mean he meant Dynamite = Thing, I just meant that typically the Codenames Universal gives are pretty on the nose. Also don’t forget Poison is a codename(which I’m sold on is AHS Cult)

“Drink the Kool Aid” is a phrase associated with cults where members drink poisoned liquids(kool aid in the case of... shoot I forgot the cult but it’s a famous one). Also the fact that the tweet they posted that said “Scene 7: Splatter”(Cult = Season 7), idk I just think it matches up well

Edit - The Cult is Jonestown. Not that that’s relavent but I remembered it

People seem to get mad when people mention the Thing, but it would be funny if Snowed is the codename for The Thing since it works on many levels and SURPRISE! is the codename for Alien, because that would be a funny thing for a chest-burster to scream.
That's a good point, I knew Thing=snowed in, but I never thought it could've meant that the house IS coming.

I have indicated that I have dropped house codenames in posts (1 post here has 2)
Dynamite isn't part of that quote, so I was under the impression the codenames are Surprise and Snowed since they appear in the same post. If I only got one, the other is there somewhere.

The bit about snacks is also interesting. If the two I got were Dynamite and Snowed, the other may be Snacks. Now I'm tired and over-thinking everything.

G'night y'all.

Dynamite isn't part of that quote, so I was under the impression the codenames are Surprise and Snowed since they appear in the same post. If I only got one, the other is there somewhere.

The bit about snacks is also interesting. If the two I got were Dynamite and Snowed, the other may be Snacks. Now I'm tired and over-thinking everything.

G'night y'all.

Snacks reminds me of Trick ‘r Treat, although I agree that the codenames you said are the right ones

“Drink the Kool Aid” is a phrase associated with cults where members drink poisoned liquids(kool aid in the case of... shoot I forgot the cult but it’s a famous one). Also the fact that the tweet they posted that said “Scene 7: Splatter”(Cult = Season 7), idk I just think it matches up well

Edit - The Cult is Jonestown. Not that that’s relavent but I remembered it
They drank Flavor-Aid. :)

Hmm.. so
Poison
Big Surprise (or just surprise)
Snacks
Dynamite

That list any good for codenames?

Also, before it got edited into one post, I am pretty sure Legacy liked my post about my picks for the 4 not happening: NoES, Halloween, It and Conjuring

Last edited:
3 seasons* with the 3rd season really adding a ton of new “scary” material to use (episode 8 especially)

i would loveeeee a twin peaks house

i think it has a ton of potential to be a very eerie & visually striking house
My bad! I binged Season 1 and 2 together, so it all just blended for me. Would love a room with the woodsmen and "gotta light?" repeating over and over.

I have a hilariously crossed out, re-written and insane looking notepad page and here are things I don't think are ruled out in order of my perceived likelihood:

ST
AHS
Best of the Dead
TrT
Lost Boys
Alien
The Thing

Based on two boards and under assumption Ifrit was told one or two wrong things.