Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 106 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Draculateeth on HNN just brought up that there is a ragtag theatre in Columbia.

*waves*

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if Poltergeist could even be possible? I keep ruling it out because it doesn't seem like they could get it.

I’m feeling like this is more possible than we all might have thought.

Is there insider knowledge of Conjuring definitely not happening? The Nun comes out right before the event, it seems like they would have had enough time to secure the rights for a Conjuring Universe style house which is kind of like a "best of" for the series. They could save IT for next year with Chapter 2 coming out on Sept 6th, which would be a big get showcasing both films. And I'm not convinced that Halloween isn't happening. It's a Blumhouse film and the first Halloween film distributed by Universal. Given the relationship they've had with Blumhouse at the event, the massive appeal of the property, and the fact that this is now a Universal film it'd be quite a missed opportunity to not feature it.

Just some food for thought.

Is there insider knowledge of Conjuring definitely not happening? The Nun comes out right before the event, it seems like they would have had enough time to secure the rights for a Conjuring Universe style house which is kind of like a "best of" for the series. They could save IT for next year with Chapter 2 coming out on Sept 6th, which would be a big get showcasing both films.

Okay, I'll throw some cold water on people not only for this year, but for subsequent years:

Don't expect Conjuring or IT to ever show up at HHN. At least not any time soon.

Is there insider knowledge of Conjuring definitely not happening? The Nun comes out right before the event, it seems like they would have had enough time to secure the rights for a Conjuring Universe style house which is kind of like a "best of" for the series. They could save IT for next year with Chapter 2 coming out on Sept 6th, which would be a big get showcasing both films. And I'm not convinced that Halloween isn't happening. It's a Blumhouse film and the first Halloween film distributed by Universal. Given the relationship they've had with Blumhouse at the event, the massive appeal of the property, and the fact that this is now a Universal film it'd be quite a missed opportunity to not feature it.

Just some food for thought.

Sorry to bother, but what does that tweet say? My school blocks Twitter.
Okay, I'll throw some cold water on people not only for this year, but for subsequent years:

Don't expect Conjuring or IT to ever show up at HHN. At least not any time soon.
:violin:

Time to do some crunching. If It and The Conjuring aren't coming, that makes things a lot more apparent:

My picks for the 4 not happening are NoES, Halloween, It and Conjuring

You (basically) identified two of the them.

NOES and Halloween are likely.

So… I may be reading into everything wrong but it sounds like IT is a no and Lost Boys isn’t happening. Not sure if I can ask but does The Conjuring have a better shot of coming this year? There’s been a lot of discussion about it lately
You name two of the four I was told. I'll answer that way.

The Lost Boys may be coming after all. Nobody has still correctly identified the other 2 houses though.

This is what I have on my much abused scratch pad for things that may happen,
ST (duh)
AHS
Halloween best of-maybe 1 and 2 with preview for new one at the end
Romero's House Of The Dead
Trick r Treat
Poltergeist
The Lost Boys

As far as I can tell, none of these have been ruled out and a few have been more than slightly hinted

I like it

Time to do some crunching. If It and The Conjuring aren't coming, that makes things a lot more apparent:

NOES and Halloween are likely.

The Lost Boys may be coming after all. Nobody has still correctly identified the other 2 houses though.
Lost Boys not being one of the four doesn't gurantee its presence at the event, only that it has a chance.

Also, the users on HNN have pretty much figured out that there will be a best-of Halloween house with a preview scene at the end
Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation - Page 50 - Halloween Horror Nights 28 - Horror Night Nightmares | Forums

Anyone have any insight or speculation on when the next formal announcement will come? Last year the second maze was announced on 5/19.

I believe it was actually a little later than originally intended last year.

If you recall, there was a leaked announcement from a travel site near the beginning of May. Odds are, that's around when the announce was originally supposed to take place.

In short, I'd expect one in the next three weeks. In my estimation, at least.

This is what I have on my much abused scratch pad for things that may happen,
ST (duh)
AHS
Halloween best of-maybe 1 and 2 with preview for new one at the end
Romero's House Of The Dead
Trick r Treat
Poltergeist
The Lost Boys
I’d add Thing to this list.

As far as I can tell, none of these have been ruled out and a few have been more than slightly hinted

I like it

So including my addition, 3-4 if the bottom 5.

If you use the HNN link I posted, you can see that there is actually quite a bit of evidence that Poltergeist might be featured. Mystiquephreeq and ringwraith made the connections if you look through pages 50-51

Reactions: Robert Bliss
What could they announce next? They’ll need something huge to follow up Stranger Things and assuming no IT I can’t see AHS being big for a 3rd time. Maybe Thing or Poltergeist?

Reactions: Robert Bliss