Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m a firm believer that any property can become a house. I don’t think every property can be good house. Babadook is one I don’t think would be a good house (Get Out and Silence of the Lambs are two others).

I adore the film. Legit one of the scariest and impactful films I’ve seen in a long time.

It doesn’t need a house though.

Fair enough. I guess it’s a bit of a wash since it’s on my wishlist because of Universal’s adaptations to properties I never thought they could pull off (Halloween II, Exorcist, Cabin in the Woods). However, they totally airballed my all time #1 IP this year: The Shining.

To each their own.

I think The Babadook has enough of a narrative to inspire nine scenes in a haunted house. It would work great as a MIB tent house with the facade being the pop up book. Also, this would have a big draw with the LGBTQ community in Central Florida.
Why would the Babadook be a draw with the LGBTQ community??

Sadly, I don’t think there could’ve been much done to make The Shining much better (scope and scale) as long as AHS had to be a megahouse. The more I think about it the more hate I have for that show LOL.

I do LOVE Stranger Things, though, and even if It’d (see what I did there) be too thematically similar, I’d be cool with It. An ‘80s nostalgia themed HHN would be awesome—though again, AHS Cult would throw a wrench in that. As would another Purge—hopefully that would be contained to a second Blumhouse. If the new Halloween (interesting that it’s erasing everything post the original) is the main focus, a second Blumhouse could work.

Then again, given how the Storyteller and Cold Blind Terror were shoehorned into 15, I suppose “Stranger Things” have happened.

I suppose you could throw in Thing, maybe Poltergeist? To avoid being too similar to Forsaken, Fog could be a scare-zone (yeah Dead Man’s Wharf but still).

Vamp ‘88 would be obvious. Wonder what major conflict/eventof the ‘80s you could put the Nightingales in without it being insensitive (I saw someone suggest a Holocaust themed NG house once, LOL).

If a 3D house is needed, could make it an homage to classic arcade games—think the description for Anxiety in 2000.

Last edited:
With regards to the Babadook, I love the movie, but also don't think it would be as impactful as a maze. I do think that i could be very scary ( if SFX were used creatively) but don't think that it would be a dynamic or complex house... rather one that is monotone and redundant.

Secondly, I do think AHS Cult will be at 28, but now that the season is over I really think its going to be hard to avoid political charge. Even if all political statements made in the show are removed for the house, the settings and characters are all tied in some way shape or form to politics and will at the very least unintentionally allude to political motivations. Maybe we will get a house of one of the previously featured seasons? I hope not.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
And money. Universal pays to use IPs (even the ones that are tangentially owned by Universal Studios). The more popular Stranger Things becomes, the more expensive the rights get.
That's why I don't see Stranger Things and IT in the same year. Those two would cost an insane amount for licensing with how hot they are.

Stranger Things needs to be done now though. The Duffer Brothers have said they want to keep the series to only 3 or 4 seasons.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
That's why I don't see Stranger Things and IT in the same year. Those two would cost an insane amount for licensing with how hot they are.

Stranger Things needs to be done now though. The Duffer Brothers have said they want to keep the series to only 3 or 4 seasons.
I would say they give ST one more season before jumping on it....IT would probably happen next year - just my speculation

After this season's cliffhanger, next season better be the last :lol:

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
There was a cliffhanger? I finally finished it last night.. I didn't really notice one.

The final shot of Stranger Things 2 is the Mind Flayer directly above the Upside-Down version of Hawkins Middle School. It basically means the Mind Flayer is still alive and will most likely attack again. If we get Stranger Things, I really hope there will be at least one Mind Flayer scene in the maze.