Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 175 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think I'm just going to park my IP speculation on level Poltergeist in the Happy Death Day section and focus more on unraveling original premises. I'll be pleasantly surprised with any different IPs since the ones mentioned are not on my top ten wants by any stretch, but there have to be some cool originals this year. (Also, I'm very happy with ST and Dy-No-Miiite)
What is up with pickle Rick? Is the premise people being made into food? Are we to be made into the food? Who's eating the us-food? A "To Serve Man" situation?

I think I'm just going to park my IP speculation on level Poltergeist in the Happy Death Day section and focus more on unraveling original premises. I'll be pleasantly surprised with any different IPs since the ones mentioned are not on my top ten wants by any stretch, but there have to be some cool originals this year. (Also, I'm very happy with ST and Dy-No-Miiite)
What is up with pickle Rick? Is the premise people being made into food? Are we to be made into the food? Who's eating the us-food? A "To Serve Man" situation?

If it’s people being made into food that sounds a lot like Leave it to Cleaver which would make sense with “Snacks”

Just a question from a non-HHN expert; is E.T. Adventure usually open during HHN. I have a friend from out of state visiting for HHN this year, and they're curious if it has a chance of being open.

So that would explain why no megahouse. Is Shrek still gonna be used, or is it not going to be a maze location? I could’ve sworn I read somewhere the MiB Tent wasn’t supposed to be coming back
I have nine locations for nine houses. One is new. Shrek is not one of those nine. Thus...
The secret house, to me, is one of four things:

1) An icon house
2) A "big-get" IP that justifies the secrecy. Really, only IT and Halloween qualify but you wouldn't want either of those IPs in the secret house's location.
3) An upcharge house. This feels the most likely.
4) Nothing. It's a mistake/the location won't be available.

I have nine locations for nine houses. One is new. Shrek is not one of those nine. Thus...

Hopefully they don’t force too much into the SS area, off the top of my head the remaining given locations are:

- Sprung Tent 2
- MiB Tent
- SS24A
- SS24B

The taken locations are:

- Sprung Tent 1(Dead Exposure: Patient Zero)
- SS22(Stranger Things)
- Parade Building(Trick ‘r Treat)

Which means the last two could be something like SS20A/B, or SS25A/B. But Legacy did mention he heard of a new location, not sure if they could use the F&F Extended queue or not but that’s my guess for now

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Hopefully they don’t force too much into the SS area, off the top of my head the remaining given locations are:

- Sprung Tent 2
- MiB Tent
- SS24A
- SS24B

The taken locations are:

- Sprung Tent 1(Dead Exposure: Patient Zero)
- SS22(Stranger Things)
- Parade Building(Trick ‘r Treat)

Which means the last two could be something like SS20A/B, or SS25A/B. But Legacy did mention he heard of a new location, not sure if they could use the F&F Extended queue or not but that’s my guess for now
Not excited for the return of queue houses :ack:.

Ooo if the F&F Extended Qeue becomes a House location I’m sort of excited, mostly since it means live chainsaws in a house. Now I really want that LiTC sequel

Edit - Sort of agreed with Happy Bunny Rabbit. The MiB Tent was surprisingly good last year, hopefully it won’t turn into the JAWS Queue 2.0 like it was when Lunatics Playground happened

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Ok, now I’ve slept on it I’ve had another idea. I think clue 7 could relate to The Ritual. I didn’t get round to seeing it last year, but from what I understand the story is basically about a group of guys hiking in the woods that upset Norse spirits by entering sacred land. The reason for the hike is to remember a friend who was killed, and to help the group get over it and snap out of their stupor.

Sleight mean deception or cunning. Which could imply the clue is hidden in plain sight, and actually we should be thinking of “slight” which has the same sound, different spelling. A slight is when you offend someone, and a ritual is another name for an event that follows strict rules and procedures, and can be repeated throughout history. Rituals often take place when certain conditions exist (such as a full moon, or a certain time, etc).

Even if this isn’t the right answer, it’s good to find something new to discuss. Did anyone see the film? Was it any good?

Ok, now I’ve slept on it I’ve had another idea. I think clue 7 could relate to The Ritual. I didn’t get round to seeing it last year, but from what I understand the story is basically about a group of guys hiking in the woods that upset Norse spirits by entering sacred land. The reason for the hike is to remember a friend who was killed, and to help the group get over it and snap out of their stupor.

Sleight mean deception or cunning. Which could imply the clue is hidden in plain sight, and actually we should be thinking of “slight” which has the same sound, different spelling. A slight is when you offend someone, and a ritual is another name for an event that follows strict rules and procedures, and can be repeated throughout history. Rituals often take place when certain conditions exist (such as a full moon, or a certain time, etc).

Even if this isn’t the right answer, it’s good to find something new to discuss. Did anyone see the film? Was it any good?

I saw it. It's very good, but it's not house material. The monster is too huge, and the only other potential characters are a fairly generic cult. Not enough environments, either, and not widely seen.

Reactions: Doctor Morgus