Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Unless a 2 park layout is used, I think the soundstages will be completely IPs:

SS21: The Conjuring (megahouse; I can't see them reusing Hive's layout)
SS22: It
SS24A: Nightmare on Elm Street
SS24B: Stranger Things
Tent 1: Original
Tent 2: Halloween
MIB Tent: American Horror Story: Cult
Parade/Shrek/Mummy (depends what's still standing): Originals

Honestly, I think the opposite for Conjuring, purely due to that it may be easier for Universal in general, and wouldn't require as much R&D for an IP that was originally planned back in 27.

Honestly, I think the opposite for Conjuring, purely due to that it may be easier for Universal in general, and wouldn't require as much R&D for an IP that was originally planned back in 27.
I enjoyed Hive a lot, but the layout didn't provide for up-close scares. A Conjuring house deserves something much more intimate.

Reactions: MattA
I enjoyed Hive a lot, but the layout didn't provide for up-close scares. A Conjuring house deserves something much more intimate.

I think we also have to take into account that we are dealing with a maze that was quickly changed at the last minute, and reworked into something else.

From what I can sense with this year, this isn't being having pre-work done before the event, but is instead focusing on ensuring that nothing can change or falter, presumably due to the fiasco's of Conjuring and Evil Dead back at 27/2017 for both Orlando and Hollywood.

While bringing back the original plans for Conjuring may be something questionable, it would make sense, and that if they have the desire to make changes to enhance what was currently there.

Reactions: horrornights789
Yeah. I meant “sense.” And that list is missing the obvious one.

I haven’t seen a full locked line-up. Just consistent stuff from various sources. That’s either the echo chamber working, or something valid.

There APPEARS to be a specific “vibe” in everything that feels more deliberate than anything from the last ten years. It if happens the way I could see it happening, it has A&D’s fingerprints all over it.

Makes me feel that they welcomed the extra budget from Bill & Ted closing....

Everything I was hearing made it sound like Universal wanted to lock it’s new IPs before November (new IPs being stuff HHN hasn’t had before). Obviously, there’s precedent for agreements being made much later than that. While Conjuring could fit in either category because of last year, it’s in a weird middle ground that could go either way.

Everything I was hearing made it sound like Universal wanted to lock it’s new IPs before November (new IPs being stuff HHN hasn’t had before). Obviously, there’s precedent for agreements being made much later than that. While Conjuring could fit in either category because of last year, it’s in a weird middle ground that could go either way.

As long as it can come I’m happy. With so many IP’s for 28 I’m wondering if they’re gonna pull a 27 and have extremely detailed originals to sorta balance the two out. Also, with 7 IP’s I hope they could bump up to 10 houses for 3 originals. Also hoping they can give us an icon

As long as it can come I’m happy. With so many IP’s for 28 I’m wondering if they’re gonna pull a 27 and have extremely detailed originals to sorta balance the two out. Also, with 7 IP’s I hope they could bump up to 10 houses for 3 originals. Also hoping they can give us an icon
I don’t see 7 IPs. If it happens, I’d be surprised.

I don’t see 7 IPs. If it happens, I’d be surprised.

So the “speculated”(kinda confirmed) IP’s at the moment are:

- Conjuring
- IT(1990)
- Stranger Things
- Nightmare on Elm Street
- Trick r Treat(I feel this is more likely to be a Hollywood exclusive but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s shared)
- American Horror Story: Cult

And then you said there was one more IP that we had not thought of, but that it fit the vibe of this year. I can’t see 7 IP’s either since it just seems unfair to the originals after a year where they dominated.

So the “speculated”(kinda confirmed) IP’s at the moment are:

- Conjuring
- IT(1990)
- Stranger Things
- Nightmare on Elm Street
- Trick r Treat(I feel this is more likely to be a Hollywood exclusive but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s shared)
- American Horror Story: Cult

And then you said there was one more IP that we had not thought of, but that it fit the vibe of this year. I can’t see 7 IP’s either since it just seems unfair to the originals after a year where they dominated.
Stranger Things was the missing one (the first “list” didn’t have it.

Again, I haven’t seen anything “locked.” But, while some people seem a bit disappointed that we already have a list of IPs, 1) it can change and 2) it’s a good thing because it means Universal is being proactive.

Stranger Things was the missing one (the first “list” didn’t have it.

Again, I haven’t seen anything “locked.” But, while some people seem a bit disappointed that we already have a list of IPs, 1) it can change and 2) it’s a good thing because it means Universal is being proactive.

I hope this lineup doesn’t change, it’s easily up there with 21, 19, 18, 17, and 27 in my opinion. The only weird thing to me is that they’re doing the throwback IT, unless they just wanna save the modern version for 2019 and have one Maze based off of both parts

I hope this lineup doesn’t change, it’s easily up there with 21, 19, 18, 17, and 27 in my opinion. The only weird thing to me is that they’re doing the throwback IT, unless they just wanna save the modern version for 2019 and have one Maze based off of both parts
If they do IT this year, there’s no sense in doing the throwback. I’ve heard a couple different ways that house could happen.

Why are people thinking they’d do the Tim Curry version?

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
If they do IT this year, there’s no sense in doing the throwback. I’ve heard a couple different ways that house could happen.

People have just been thinkings it’s the Tim Curry version because of what The Ifrits been hinting at, which has been the actor who played Billy in the 1990 version. Not sure if I can ask this or not but what’s the general consensus of what you’ve heard?

People have just been thinkings it’s the Tim Curry version because of what The Ifrits been hinting at, which has been the actor who played Billy in the 1990 version. Not sure if I can ask this or not but what’s the general consensus of what you’ve heard?
Ever think IT is just IT? It’s all based on a book, so any specific references could be from that.

I agree. I don’t know anybody who thinks the old version is better. Not to mention there’s barely anything to work with while the remake has a vast gold mine of material to pull off.

As for having no more than six IPs, I doubt Halloween will return unless it’s based on the new one. Even then, it might spoil the new movie too much with the stabbing victims put in there. They’ve already done Halloween twice within three years, which is a lot for Orlando standards, so I don’t see it.

Reactions: horrornights789
I agree. I don’t know anybody who thinks the old version is better. Not to mention there’s barely anything to work with while the remake has a vast gold mine of material to pull off.

As for having no more than six IPs, I doubt Halloween will return unless it’s based on the new one. Even then, it might spoil the new movie too much with the stabbing victims put in there. They’ve already done Halloween twice within three years, which is a lot for Orlando standards, so I don’t see it.

Agree with both. I could see Hollywood getting Halloween, TrT, & maybe another property as their exclusives while Orlando can do another 5/4 IP original split. As for IT there’s literally nothing to pull from the 1990 version besides Tim Curry’s Pennywise and the sewers. The new version has a ton of stuff

Ever think IT is just IT? It’s all based on a book, so any specific references could be from that.
The book is ridiculously long and overloaded

The only reason I see them doing IT from the 90's is because the new one clashes a bit with Stranger Things..

Also, I don't see Trick-R-Treat being the IP, rather, just general Halloween

An Icon would be nice as well haha

The book is ridiculously long and overloaded

The only reason I see them doing IT from the 90's is because the new one clashes a bit with Stranger Things..

Also, I don't see Trick-R-Treat being the IP, rather, just general Halloween

An Icon would be nice as well haha
IDK....Halloween has been done twice and TrT has yet to be a house. After the success of the SZ, I think there could be some demand for it.

While an icon would be great, I personally enjoyed 27 more than 25 (Though Monsters and Mayhem is probably my favorite house ever). I learned you don’t need an icon to make an event great. Just give me solid content and I’m sold.

If this is the line up, I feel forcing an icon in would take away the asthetic A&D would want to create. It would be unnecessary this year, IMO.

Reactions: JMalez
IDK....Halloween has been done twice and TrT has yet to be a house. After the success of the SZ, I think there could be some demand for it.

While an icon would be great, I personally enjoyed 27 more than 25 (Though Monsters and Mayhem is probably my favorite house ever). I learned you don’t need an icon to make an event great. Just give me solid content and I’m sold.

If this is the line up, I feel forcing an icon in would take away the asthetic A&D would want to create. It would be unnecessary this year, IMO.
Good point about the icon...Sometimes it can muddy the event

I was talking about Halloween the holiday rather than the films with Mike Myers

They've done "The Hallow" in 2008, but I can't think when they've done it again