Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
IDK....Halloween has been done twice and TrT has yet to be a house. After the success of the SZ, I think there could be some demand for it.

While an icon would be great, I personally enjoyed 27 more than 25 (Though Monsters and Mayhem is probably my favorite house ever). I learned you don’t need an icon to make an event great. Just give me solid content and I’m sold.

If this is the line up, I feel forcing an icon in would take away the asthetic A&D would want to create. It would be unnecessary this year, IMO.

Good point; I feel as though 28 might fit in with HHN19 & 17 in that it has a really strong IP lineup and the originals aren’t really in the forefront. In this case an icon that’s not The Director, Usher, or movie related would just be shoved in and not really fit in

The only reason I see them doing IT from the 90's is because the new one clashes a bit with Stranger Things..

Also, I don't see Trick-R-Treat being the IP, rather, just general Halloween.
They only clash if there’s no point aside from popularity. Let’s look at possible IPs that are being discussed.

Conjuring - takes place in the 70s
IT - Takes place in the 80s with appropriate style.
Stranger Things - Takes place in the 80s with appropriate style.
Nightmare on Elm Street - considered an 70s/80s slasher
Trick r Treat - Horror anthology, which first gained popularity in the 80s
Halloween - considered an 70s/80s slasher
The Thing - released in 1982
American Horror Story: Cult

See the theme between those IPs? In this scenario, two 80s based stories that focus on kids aren’t bugs; they’re features.

Again, I can confirm nothing. But since people are talking specific IPs, there’s no sense in clamming up.

^Cult doesn’t relate to the ‘80s in any way, does it? If only it took place during the 1980 election.

Wonder what original content they could come up with that ties into that? First thing that comes to mind, as I’ve mentioned, is something to do with Chernobyl, but not sure if that would be both scary enough and inoffensive enough.

Hoping for a merged park so we can get more immersive scarezones.

They only clash if there’s no point aside from popularity. Let’s look at possible IPs that are being discussed.

Conjuring - takes place in the 70s
IT - Takes place in the 80s with appropriate style.
Stranger Things - Takes place in the 80s with appropriate style.
Nightmare on Elm Street - considered an 70s/80s slasher
Trick r Treat - Horror anthology, which first gained popularity in the 80s
Halloween - considered an 70s/80s slasher
The Thing - released in 1982
American Horror Story: Cult

See the theme between those IPs? In this scenario, two 80s based stories that focus on kids aren’t bugs; they’re features.

Again, I can confirm nothing. But since people are talking specific IPs, there’s no sense in clamming up.
I could have sworn someone said that they were taking a year off from AHS..

You're not the only one to say that unless you're also the one person on twitter I saw say that then you are the only one (but it's also not a bad idea).

I don’t have a Twitter but I’ve heard from other people that a Cult scarezone would work pretty well. Plus, if Cult was a SZ it would allow Trick r Treat to take the speculated 6th IP spot on that list

Reactions: TDBLMT
I really don't get the push for Cult as a zone. The clowns never appear in crowds. It's always "intimate" encounters that zones don't accomplish. The only big, scary crowd scene is, literally, the only scene Universal WOULDN'T do: the shooting at the rally.

But seriously, the season was basically a home-invasion story. I can't fathom why people aren't seeing it as a house.

Cult house
Alli/Ivy's house façade
Living room (random clown, Screaming Alli)
Ozy's room (random clown, Screaming Ozy)
Yard (Chem trucks/hazmats)
(Enter new house) - Coffin Killing
(Transition from house to town) - Butchery on Main Dining Room
Butchery on Main Kitchen/Freezer
Transition to house - Gimp killing
Transition to Kai's house - Kai's parents
Basement - Fight club redux
Basement - Final fight (Ally and Kai)

This completely ignores most of Alli/Ivy's house, the neighbors across the street, the grocery store, the write-in killing, all the flashbacks, and, most importantly, ALL THE POLITICS. This is actually a fairly tight, independent house.

I really don't get the push for Cult as a zone. The clowns never appear in crowds. It's always "intimate" encounters that zones don't accomplish. The only big, scary crowd scene is, literally, the only scene Universal WOULDN'T do: the shooting at the rally.

But seriously, the season was basically a home-invasion story. I can't fathom why people aren't seeing it as a house.

Cult house
Alli/Ivy's house façade

This completely ignores most of Alli/Ivy's house, the neighbors across the street, the grocery store, the write-in killing, all the flashbacks, and, most importantly, ALL THE POLITICS. This is actually a fairly tight, independent house.

I mean...similar to what you said, nearly every major scene takes place in a house or restaurant. I'm just a little scared that it will end up seeming a little to similar from room to room.

Also, you forgot to include the grocery store scene.

I mean...similar to what you said, nearly every major scene takes place in a house or restaurant. I'm just a little scared that it will end up seeming a little to similar from room to room.

Also, you forgot to include the grocery store scene.
Nope. I didn't forget it. I pointedly ignored it because it's actually not that interesting/important compared to everything else (I list it in what I ignore).

And Universal has done a ton of "repetitive" houses. It's why I pointed only used one kitchen and only houses/rooms with a striking set-piece to make it stand out. In this layout we have:

Living Room
Child's Bedroom
Yard
Foyer with two coffins
Restaurant Dining Room, Kitchen and Freezer
Attic with a BDSM gear
Adult Bedroom with (spoiler)
Basement

It wouldn't be repetitive.

Cult house
Alli/Ivy's house façade

I'd still prefer a quick and dirty SZ concentrating on the clown costumes, so efforts and money can be redirected elsewhere, but you make a point that the one-off killings could probably be effective scenes.

Nope. I didn't forget it. I pointedly ignored it because it's actually not that interesting/important compared to everything else (I list it in what I ignore).

And Universal has done a ton of "repetitive" houses. It's why I pointed only used one kitchen and only houses/rooms with a striking set-piece to make it stand out. In this layout we have:

Living Room
Child's Bedroom
Yard
Foyer with two coffins
Restaurant Dining Room, Kitchen and Freezer
Attic with a BDSM gear
Adult Bedroom with (spoiler)
Basement

It wouldn't be repetitive.

That’s... actually a really good house. I completely forgot about the coffin and BDSM murder scenes. For the scene in Ozi’s bedroom they could bring back Twisty since he snuck in there a few times. This house would be a perfect fit for the MIB Tent or a Sprung Tent

God... the soundtrack to “The Killing of a Sacred Deer” has some fantastic potential for house queue music.

Cult house
Alli/Ivy's house façade

I love this so much!!

Would be seriously disappointed if Cult was ever a SZ.

IMO the AHS mega mazes have been a work of art. They faithfully re-created so many iconic moments from the first six seasons with an attention to detail I could only have dreamed of. This past season being able to experience the Briarcliff Mannor opening facade, bumping into Pepper, walking into Dr. Arden’s surgery suite, activity room scene with Leigh Emerson ... bleeping priceless! I would have paid the price of admission to experience this alone - and it was only 1/3 of the maze!

I know some are growing tired of AHS. I get that. However, the series still has a strong following. If they don’t do Cult I can accept that and know they will do an amazing job with the other mazes.
Just please no SZ. Cult tackles mental health, various phobias, and IMO intimate issues - not really the kind of stuff for large open spaces and crowds. Legacy’s Cult House would be pretty awesome!

Reactions: marip123 and Thiago