Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

So if this rumored connection among the IPs happens, I'm curious as to what original houses they can make that tie in to this theme.

Just coming out of my 4 month IU Forums hiatus and catching up...

I don't think Halloween will happen because it has been done twice in the past 4 years (including this year). If it does happen, I don't think the powers that be would allow it to be mashed in with other Blumhouse properties. I could see Happy Death Day getting its own house though.

I would love to see the original NoES get the Halloween (25) treatment. Off the top of my head, the blood geyser bed scene, Nancy's mom sinking into her bed with the smoke and fog, long armed Freddy in the alley coming towards you, WHERE'S YOUR HALL PASS?, and on and on.

I think The Conjuring will come this year now that the lawsuit over rights are settled. I would love to see Trick R Treat after the positive reception of the scare zone. I'd like to see It happen. Maybe there is some wiggle room despite King's opposition considering they built an It Experience on the WB Backlot in Burbank last year.

The only thing I know that I do not want to see is a scare zone in San Francisco. Crowd control the past two years have been horrible in that area. They should relocate that zone to the front of MIB. If FFL comes down, maybe they can move the tents to the FFL plot for this year and then remove them again right after to start construction on the next project there. (Forgive me if I've missed developments around there, I'm still catching up.)

Just coming out of my 4 month IU Forums hiatus and catching up...

I don't think Halloween will happen because it has been done twice in the past 4 years (including this year). If it does happen, I don't think the powers that be would allow it to be mashed in with other Blumhouse properties. I could see Happy Death Day getting its own house though.

I would love to see the original NoES get the Halloween (25) treatment. Off the top of my head, the blood geyser bed scene, Nancy's mom sinking into her bed with the smoke and fog, long armed Freddy in the alley coming towards you, WHERE'S YOUR HALL PASS?, and on and on.

I think The Conjuring will come this year now that the lawsuit over rights are settled. I would love to see Trick R Treat after the positive reception of the scare zone. I'd like to see It happen. Maybe there is some wiggle room despite King's opposition considering they built an It Experience on the WB Backlot in Burbank last year.

The only thing I know that I do not want to see is a scare zone in San Francisco. Crowd control the past two years have been horrible in that area. They should relocate that zone to the front of MIB. If FFL comes down, maybe they can move the tents to the FFL plot for this year and then remove them again right after to start construction on the next project there. (Forgive me if I've missed developments around there, I'm still catching up.)
and...with F&F opening, San Francisco will be jammed with even more people. I would guess they'll leave F&F open for HHN.

If AHS comes back next year maybe they could do a "best of" similar to the final Walking Dead maze. I'd love to see every season packed into one house and they could throw in a scene or 2 from Cult since people seem to agree it may not handle its own house. AHS has had 2 of the most gorgeous and amazing houses of the last 2 events, I'd love them to get a third year on a similar scale or not be there at all.

If they don't want to revisit the seasons they've done maybe they could do Cult and whatever season 8 ends up being kind of how Insidious 4 was at the event before its release?

So if this rumored connection among the IPs happens, I'm curious as to what original houses they can make that tie in to this theme.
It's not a rumored connection. It's speculation. A rumor requires someone saying something definitive about it happening or not. I'm just looking at the likely IPs and connecting dots. (While this point may seem like semantics, it's vital to differentiate between rumor and speculation. The last couple of years, too many "this would be a good idea" posts got turned into a "this is happening" confusion. All that does is disappoint people.)

That said, you may get one original house that actually fits the common thread. You might get a zone. The fact of the matter is that, historically, the "commonality" between houses doesn't exist beyond IPs and anything to pull the originals into it is forced. In 2008, the marketed idea was that all the houses were based on urban legends/Mary Agana's treatments, but we got Interstellar Terror. In 2009, they were "all movies" except they weren't. They just put the house designs on movie posters. All of the 2011's "the houses are all based on bad luck" concept was a hackneyed failure. The original content is, essentially, created in a vacuum. That's why it's so good. They work to create the best event they can with a variety of houses and zones. While there may be a loose idea of what connects them, it'll come down to whoever designs the advertising to make it "official." Regardless of what is "official," something will not fit. A few things won't fit. (Like AHS, if it happens, won't fit).
If AHS comes back next year maybe they could do a "best of" similar to the final Walking Dead maze. I'd love to see every season packed into one house and they could throw in a scene or 2 from Cult since people seem to agree it may not handle its own house. AHS has had 2 of the most gorgeous and amazing houses of the last 2 events, I'd love them to get a third year on a similar scale or not be there at all.
I could see this happening, though I wouldn't like it. It would give them an easy megahouse while saving money. The other IPs I was crossing fingers for a megahouse are, at this point, far less likely.

Last edited:
It's not a rumored connection. It's speculation. A rumor requires someone saying something definitive about it happening or not. I'm just looking at the likely IPs and connecting dots. (While this point may seem like semantics, it's vital to differentiate between rumor and speculation. The last couple of years, too many "this would be a good idea" posts got turned into a "this is happening" confusion. All that does is disappoint people.)

That said, you may get one original house that actually fits the common thread. You might get a zone. The fact of the matter is that, historically, the "commonality" between houses doesn't exist beyond IPs and anything to pull the originals into it is forced. In 2008, the marketed idea was that all the houses were based on urban legends/Mary Agana's treatments, but we got Interstellar Terror. In 2009, they were "all movies" except they weren't. They just put the house designs on movie posters. All of the 2011's "the houses are all based on bad luck" concept was a hackneyed failure. The original content is, essentially, created in a vacuum. That's why it's so good. They work to create the best event they can with a variety of houses and zones. While there may be a loose idea of what connects them, it'll come down to whoever designs the advertising to make it "official." Regardless of what is "official," something will not fit. A few things won't fit. (Like AHS, if it happens, won't fit).

I could see this happening, though I wouldn't like it. It would give them an easy megahouse while saving money. The other IPs I was crossing fingers for a megahouse are, at this point, far less likely.

I’d be so sad if all 7 seasons of AHS were a mega house. Cult could easily be a house & being crammed into 3 rooms just seems unfair. And also yeah an ED trilogy house probably wouldn’t happen after AvED somewhat flopped

^Again, would've been nice if Starz actually allowed it on Netflix BEFORE HHN.

I know. I felt bad for the property because they put it in a really far location and it wasn’t a very well known property; I heard a ton of people say “wtf is Ash vs Evil Dead?”. I heard one person in line think it was based off the 2013 version

Can anyone give some sort of idea on the level they want to take the Conjuring to? because as a future haunter myself I have an extensive Conjuring universe layout that is comprehensive and amazing. I hope that they've only improved their plans since this last year. There is so much they can do with the property but a mega house would be insane !

Can anyone give some sort of idea on the level they want to take the Conjuring to? because as a future haunter myself I have an extensive Conjuring universe layout that is comprehensive and amazing. I hope that they've only improved their plans since this last year. There is so much they can do with the property but a mega house would be insane !
If they do it, there’s no telling how it get used. It could go anywhere between reused plans from last year (Tent 2 has a history of simply reusing layouts) to a mega house. Anything is on the table.

That’s if it happens. Everyone is speculating it, but speculation is not rumors.

From what I remember of Hive’s lineup they had these scenes from The Conjuring 1&2:

- Basement from the Perron house
- The bedroom with the Shelf that Bathsheba appeared on
- Some of the walls that Lorraine went through in Conjuring 1
- Amityville Basement with the Valak mirror
- Crooked Man Tent
- Bill Wilkins Living Room

There were more but those are just from the top of my head

If they do it, there’s no telling how it get used. It could go anywhere between reused plans from last year (Tent 2 has a history of simply reusing layouts) to a mega house. Anything is on the table.

That’s if it happens. Everyone is speculating it, but speculation is not rumors.

Ah yes, the Dead Exposure > Spawning > HAVOC recycle-o-rama. I think even Poe even reused some of the basic layout, if I'm not misremembering?

I think an AHS mashup house would be a poor decision because it implies they won't revisit it in the future. Maybe they'll want season 8 or 9 at some point.

Also, considering how Ryan Murphy gets about spoilers -- there's a story about how he closed down his sets back in 2012 because an extra on Glee tweeted out something -- I don't think we'd ever see a preview of a season.

I was just thinking about it and the Disney-Fox deal probably wont effect AHS at HHN if certain things happened. Depending on the amount of years on the contract we could get a solo Cult house, a solo S8 house, and maybe a mega mashup ft S9 assuming that a 5 year contract was made. If it was a 3 year contract, then we will most likely get another AHS mega house with all 7 seasons since HHN has already done Volumes 1 & 2:(

I was just thinking about it and the Disney-Fox deal probably wont effect AHS at HHN if certain things happened. Depending on the amount of years on the contract we could get a solo Cult house, a solo S8 house, and maybe a mega mashup ft S9 assuming that a 5 year contract was made. If it was a 3 year contract, then we will most likely get another AHS mega house with all 7 seasons since HHN has already done Volumes 1 & 2:(
The Disney/Fox Deal is also not yet finalized, so Fox is still running all of the business units that Disney purchased until the FTC approves it.

The Disney/Fox Deal is also not yet finalized, so Fox is still running all of the business units that Disney purchased until the FTC approves it.

Not only is it still not finalized, as it stands, it's also not like a switch will just flip.

The deal I saw laid out slowly transferred assets over to The Mouse over the next five years or so.

So, if the deal gets finalized this year, it wouldn't even necessarily effect anything for HHN28 or HHN29...maybe HHN30 or even further.