Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 240 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone know who is Legacy and why he’s the main guy on here? Just asking to know nothing against him.
He defeated us in battle, one by one and granted us mercy, allowing us to live and dispensing valuable Universal Studios theme park information.
Some call him friend.
Some call him God.
Some call him by whatever his real name is, probably.
He is the one who knows.
One of the ones who know.
He keeps the fun going where marketing has failed.
He is one of several, but generally the most consistent.

Anyone else really like the website? It's obviously not up to the standards of 14-21 (minus 20), but it does feel unique to the year and gives it its own identity, which is a stark contrast to what we've had for the last six years.

I grew up in the 80’s so I obviously like it. I have a good feeling about this year.

Anyone else really like the website? It's obviously not up to the standards of 14-21 (minus 20), but it does feel unique to the year and gives it its own identity, which is a stark contrast to what we've had for the last six years.
I like this theme so much that I’ve started to pick up old VHS tapes of 80s classics at local markets, so far I’ve got:
  • The Evil Dead
  • Alien
  • RoboCop
  • Big Trouble in Little China
  • Terminator and T2
The designs on the boxes are great, and it’s fun watching these how they were originally seen on home video.

Anyone know who is Legacy and why he’s the main guy on here? Just asking to know nothing against him.
Face like the moon, pale and somehow wavering. I could get the gist of his features, but none of it stuck in my mind beyond an impression of astonishing beauty. His long, long hair wafted around him like black smoke, its tendrils curling and moving of their own volition. His cloak — or perhaps that was his hair too — shifted as if in an unfelt wind. I could not recall him wearing a cloak before, on the balcony. The madness still lurked in his face, but it was a quieter madness now, not the rabid-animal savagery of before. Something else — I could not bring myself to call it humanity — stirred underneath the gleam...

Some say he is part man part beast.

Others say he is a wraith - fleeting as the posts of the Ifrit.

Millennial HHN goers swear he may be El Diablo himself dealing misinformation on behalf of the mouse ... unable to see the truth in the spell he weaves.

I once heard a Canadian swear if you say if you say his name 3 times into a mirror the masses will be given hell week from Sept-Oct inclusive.

Many have come to think his existence is a construct of the collective HHN community created by dark deeds not to spoken on these boards.

I wish you well young man but caution you in your quest for knowledge. But I urge you to abandon your quest. Anguish and terror await you. Even Aiello knows not to pursue this.

Or at least, a very, very gory one. I'll take it. Legacy seemed to hint at Troma-type stuff,

Regardless, I'd prefer it to somehow not be a comedy house since it looks like we'll be having enough of those already. I don't have anything against comedy/light-hearted houses, it's just that there needs to be balance. ;)

I seriously do not understand your concept of "Comedy" or "Comedy house" there is nothing in Stranger things that was that comedic. specially season 1, true the show might not be full horror and might have lighthearted elements, but seriously seriously doubt anything in the house would be done with comedy in mind.... Specially if they do a lot of rooms in the upside down world or the military lab where the experiments were being done...... I doubt the house will show the kid characters too much so i would rule out that as a comedy. Trick r treat.... same thing.... Dead exposure? nope. Halloween, no way. Poltergeist nope. not a Comedy. Happy death day, again. not a comedy. Even if these movies had lighthearted moments i really doubt the houses wont be terrifying in true HHN style. Even if the Movie mash up house WAS indeed a comedy house it would probably be the only true comedy house.
I have seen you make comments about how this year has a lot of comedy or light hearted houses but i seriously cannot see what you mean by this.
I cant see stranger things being lighthearted or poltergeist or Halloween, or the rest of houses.
Besides regardless of what the scenes in the houses are, the actors will STILL be as scary as they have always been. even if a house is light the actors will probably make it as scary as every other year.

I seriously do not understand your concept of "Comedy" or "Comedy house" there is nothing in Stranger things that was that comedic. specially season 1, true the show might not be full horror and might have lighthearted elements, but seriously seriously doubt anything in the house would be done with comedy in mind.... Specially if they do a lot of rooms in the upside down world or the military lab where the experiments were being done...... I doubt the house will show the kid characters too much so i would rule out that as a comedy. Trick r treat.... same thing.... Dead exposure? nope. Halloween, no way. Poltergeist nope. not a Comedy. Happy death day, again. not a comedy. Even if these movies had lighthearted moments i really doubt the houses wont be terrifying in true HHN style. Even if the Movie mash up house WAS indeed a comedy house it would probably be the only true comedy house.
I have seen you make comments about how this year has a lot of comedy or light hearted houses but i seriously cannot see what you mean by this.
I cant see stranger things being lighthearted or poltergeist or Halloween, or the rest of houses.
Besides regardless of what the scenes in the houses are, the actors will STILL be as scary as they have always been. even if a house is light the actors will probably make it as scary as every other year.

I understand your point, and owe you an explanation. There are (positive) caveats, of course, which make this a fairly minor complaint:

-Stranger Things is definitely a family oriented property, albeit one that I'm really into. Of course, I'll take it over an "adult" property like AHS any day.

-Poltergeist is generally considered a "family friendly" horror film, though can definitely be made into a bad@$$ house.

-TrT is a black comedy film. No bones about it. It's one I really like, of course.

-HDD is DEFINITELY a horror comedy.

-Killer Klowns is rumored for a zone. Again, I LOVE that movie, but it's a cheesy B-movie comedy. A hilarious one.

-Vamp '55 was a comedy zone, so I suspect '85 will be too.

So it's really a minor complaint, it just irks me for some reason. I just like the idea of HHN continuing to be truly scary.

That being said, the reasons to be excited about this year greatly outweigh the reasons to be concerned, as I state in an earlier post (five originals, two announced IPs I really like, great idea for a zone in NY that ISN'T Purge/apocalyptic, much better marketing/overlying theme of sorts, probably getting back a house and probably zone from 18).

Last edited:
I understand your point, and owe you an explanation. There are (positive) caveats, of course, which make this a fairly minor complaint:

-Stranger Things is definitely a family oriented property, albeit one that I'm really into. Of course, I'll take it over an "adult" property like AHS any day.

-Poltergeist is generally considered a "family friendly" horror film, though can definitely be made into a bad@$$ house.

-TrT is a black comedy film. No bones about it. It's one I really like, of course.

-HDD is DEFINITELY a horror comedy.

-Killer Klowns is rumored for a zone. Again, I LOVE that movie, but it's a cheesy B-movie comedy. A hilarious one.

-Vamp '55 was a comedy zone, so I suspect '85 will be too.

So it's really a minor complaint, it just irks me for some reason. I just like the idea of HHN continuing to be truly scary.

That being said, the reasons to be excited about this year greatly outweigh the reasons to be concerned, as I state in an earlier post.

I think with Happy Death Day and Stranger Things the things that make them lighthearted are the dialogue and atmosphere; especially the dialogue in HDD. In a haunted house though, as far as StrTh goes, it won’t be as lighthearted since we’ll most likely see the goriest and creepiest moments from S1 instead of the boys playing Dungeons and Dragons and Eleven making a bully pee his pants