Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 241 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I understand your point, and owe you an explanation. There are (positive) caveats, of course, which make this a fairly minor complaint:

-Stranger Things is definitely a family oriented property, albeit one that I'm really into. Of course, I'll take it over an "adult" property like AHS any day.

-Poltergeist is generally considered a "family friendly" horror film, though can definitely be made into a bad@$$ house.

-TrT is a black comedy film. No bones about it. It's one I really like, of course.

-HDD is DEFINITELY a horror comedy.

-Killer Klowns is rumored for a zone. Again, I LOVE that movie, but it's a cheesy B-movie comedy. A hilarious one.

-Vamp '55 was a comedy zone, so I suspect '85 will be too.

So it's really a minor complaint, it just irks me for some reason. I just like the idea of HHN continuing to be truly scary.

That being said, the reasons to be excited about this year greatly outweigh the reasons to be concerned, as I state in an earlier post (five originals, two announced IPs I really like, great idea for a zone in NY that ISN'T Purge/apocalyptic, much better marketing/overlying theme of sorts, probably getting back a house and probably zone from 18).

you seem to be thinking of the movies/shows themselves and how they play out in your tv, and not how they would be adapted.
I am thinking of how the property would be adapted and how the HHN actors would play the parts.
Stranger things can be light on tv because the kids are funny and say silly things and because they play jokes on each other or stuff like that. But that is not going to translate into a house. The house will take the most iconic parts of the show (the sets and the creatures) and arrange them in the rooms.

so the comedy between the kids is not something that would ever be a problem at HHN (Same goes for Trick r treat, and the zone does Not count because the zone had a lot of interaction that the house will never be able to have)
American werewolf in London is a comedy horror movie with a lot of slower scenes with a lot of dialogue and a lot of wit and banter between the two friends. the zombie friend creates a lot of the humor with his dialogue. The romance between the nurse and David makes the movie feel light.

Neither the dead friend's wit and humor, nor the romance with the nurse were ever part of the house. the house just had the scary parts of the movie. you never saw the comedic or romantic parts of the movie in the house.
American werewolf is one of the few houses that has made me scream out loud. those puppets were truly out of this world. (Stranger things will probably be the same way. none of the humor or character interactions will show up in the house, but the scary parts of the show will, there is A lot they can use from the show that is freaky and creepy looking)

Im just saying, i dont think there's anything you should worry about in the comedy aspect. (or lighthearted aspect) as far as the houses go. I think the houses will be as scary as ever.

As for the zones, yes the zones will be extreme cheese. but then again, who really gets scared in the zones? (I mean, REALLY scared?) I personally rather have crazy, over the top cheesy zones, than bland and boring zones. Vamp 85 and Killer klowns (And chucky) might not be the scariest zones ever made. but i will be happy if they become the Craziest zones HHN has ever made. i am super ready to embrace the silly chaos of those zones.
Killer klowns is one of my all time favorite movies and if they do the zone it might become my favorite zone of all time.

you seem to be thinking of the movies/shows themselves and how they play out in your tv, and not how they would be adapted.
I am thinking of how the property would be adapted and how the HHN actors would play the parts.
Stranger things can be light on tv because the kids are funny and say silly things and because they play jokes on each other or stuff like that. But that is not going to translate into a house. The house will take the most iconic parts of the show (the sets and the creatures) and arrange them in the rooms.

so the comedy between the kids is not something that would ever be a problem at HHN (Same goes for Trick r treat, and the zone does Not count because the zone had a lot of interaction that the house will never be able to have)
American werewolf in London is a comedy horror movie with a lot of slower scenes with a lot of dialogue and a lot of wit and banter between the two friends. the zombie friend creates a lot of the humor with his dialogue. The romance between the nurse and David makes the movie feel light.

Neither the dead friend's wit and humor, nor the romance with the nurse were ever part of the house. the house just had the scary parts of the movie. you never saw the comedic or romantic parts of the movie in the house.
American werewolf is one of the few houses that has made me scream out loud. those puppets were truly out of this world. (Stranger things will probably be the same way. none of the humor or character interactions will show up in the house, but the scary parts of the show will, there is A lot they can use from the show that is freaky and creepy looking)

Im just saying, i dont think there's anything you should worry about in the comedy aspect. (or lighthearted aspect) as far as the houses go. I think the houses will be as scary as ever.

As for the zones, yes the zones will be extreme cheese. but then again, who really gets scared in the zones? (I mean, REALLY scared?) I personally rather have crazy, over the top cheesy zones, than bland and boring zones. Vamp 85 and Killer klowns (And chucky) might not be the scariest zones ever made. but i will be happy if they become the Craziest zones HHN has ever made. i am super ready to embrace the silly chaos of those zones.
Killer klowns is one of my all time favorite movies and if they do the zone it might become my favorite zone of all time.

I’d like to tag on to this and add that even when original houses are loosely based on comedic themes they can be scary af like zombiegeddon. That house was suppose to be the “comedy” house and was nothing comedic about it

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Anyone know who is Legacy and why he’s the main guy on here? Just asking to know nothing against him.
Some say he is part man part beast.

Others say he is a wraith - fleeting as the posts of the Ifrit.

Millennial HHN goers swear he may be El Diablo himself dealing misinformation on behalf of the mouse ... unable to see the truth in the spell he weaves.

I once heard a Canadian swear if you say if you say his name 3 times into a mirror the masses will be given hell week from Sept-Oct inclusive.

Many have come to think his existence is a construct of the collective HHN community created by dark deeds not to spoken on these boards.

I wish you well young man but caution you in your quest for knowledge. But I urge you to abandon your quest. Anguish and terror await you. Even Aiello knows not to pursue this.

I am a Canadian. I will confirm that is true.

Reactions: JoeCamel
i laways though killer klowns is better as a house then a zone epcially the tent scene maybe it just test the the waters but i think best scene in killer klowns that owrk best as a zone is the little parade where they capature the vicitms

Last edited:
i laways though killer klowns is better as a house then a zone epcially the tent scene maybe it just test the the waters but i think best scene in killer klowns that owrk best as a zone is the little parade where they capature the vicitms
I think the parade was practically made for a zone, but KKfOS as a whole would work as a house. Maybe it can make the transition TrT made.

I think the parade was practically made for a zone, but KKfOS as a whole would work as a house. Maybe it can make the transition TrT made.

I have heard that if the rumor is true (which I am beginning to believe is so), then it is definitely being looked at for a house. From what I was told, Orlando is serving as the testing ground with Hollywood likely to pick it up next year so it is the same situation as TrT

Somewhat off topic, but assuming Shrek is closing in the near future where would the replacement spot be?

From everything i’ve read here, they were not going to use Shrek this year. I’m still wondering if they thought Shrek would close this year and then maybe plans changed so the 10th house went there or if they just didn’t want to use Shrek but it was an easy choice when they upped the house count.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
From everything i’ve read here, they were not going to use Shrek this year. I’m still wondering if they thought Shrek would close this year and then maybe plans changed so the 10th house went there or if they just didn’t want to use Shrek but it was an easy choice when they upped the house count.
Let's not forget the SS44 debacle...Let's hope that doesn't happen again

Although, I would sacrifice a 10th house if it meant Shrek closed

I have heard that if the rumor is true (which I am beginning to believe is so), then it is definitely being looked at for a house. From what I was told, Orlando is serving as the testing ground with Hollywood likely to pick it up next year so it is the same situation as TrT

That means it’s Murdy’s last year for sure. Hopefully KKFOS can deliver like TrT did since it needs a house, how are they gonna manage the foam though?

That means it’s Murdy’s last year for sure. Hopefully KKFOS can deliver like TrT did since it needs a house, how are they gonna manage the foam though?
I think they have had “foam parties” in the past, but not for a long time. Depends where they have the zone and how much foam I depend. I’d assume it’s going into Hollywood where terminator used to be, but maybe they will put it on the long road to the parade buildings backstage? That’s the only place I can see the final scarezone area being given San Fran is gone

Reactions: horrornights789
I think they have had “foam parties” in the past, but not for a long time. Depends where they have the zone and how much foam I depend. I’d assume it’s going into Hollywood where terminator used to be, but maybe they will put it on the long road to the parade buildings backstage? That’s the only place I can see the final scarezone area being given San Fran is gone
giphy.gif

So as far as zones we know:

Twisted Tradition: Central Park
The Harvest: Production Central
Vamp ‘85: New Year’s Eve: New York

So is Chucky going in Hollywood with KKFOS in the new area? Also for Chucky will it be like the house from 19 where there’s other toys or is just gonna be solo Chucky? Also did we ever solidify was Meteor was?

Has it been established that there’d be zero SA’s in San Fran? Just wondering if they’d move a roaming horde over there, like the chainsaw clowns, and maybe put an actual SZ in Springfield instead??

My only concern with that thought was that it’s too small, but then again, the 3 other places I could think of where another SZ could go (besides London) seem small & unlikely too.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I’m in the same boat as @Elegia, I’m very curious as to what they’re doing with San Francisco.

Also, if anyone actually guesses where the new SZ location is without someone telling them, I’ll be impressed.

This is kinda off topic but the HHN lanyards are cool to me. I wish at the HHN shops they sell the lanyards from past years bc I would defently buy them from the years I went. Would anyone else do this?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit