Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

It's funny that anyone thought my post was about a literal connection. Relax guys, it was simply an amusing coincidence. I saw that in the video and laughed. I thought others might as well. I guess tone doesn't really convey sometimes. I'll keep it to myself next time.

Also, the drive-in I worked at did not have a sign that said "snacks", nor does the one I currently go to. The word was a choice they made. It is in their drive-in theater lexicon. That's all I was saying.

I’ve noticed that sometimes music used as BGM one year belongs to a movie or franchise used as a house the following year (ie The Shining theme playing in Dead Mans Wharf in 2016 music from Silent Hill playing in Grown Evil in 2011). I know that it’s pure coincidence and that BGM has nothing to do with teasing houses, but it’s kind of a neat coincidence to me when looking back.

Were there any Easter eggs in houses last year that could’ve been hints to this year? I know there were Raggedy Anne’s in all the houses because of Conjuring/Annabelle but I was wondering if they did anything similar what they did with TrT & Conjuring in Krampus

I’ve noticed that sometimes music used as BGM one year belongs to a movie or franchise used as a house the following year (ie The Shining theme playing in Dead Mans Wharf in 2016 music from Silent Hill playing in Grown Evil in 2011). I know that it’s pure coincidence and that BGM has nothing to do with teasing houses, but it’s kind of a neat coincidence to me when looking back.
I know @Brian G. is going to say it is NOT thought out that far in advance but it is fun to think they have a multi year plan.
Aiello has said that the popular meme of them starting next year the day after the current HHN wraps is not true. He says they start next year long before the current opens.

I know @Brian G. is going to say it is NOT thought out that far in advance but it is fun to think they have a multi year plan.
Aiello has said that the popular meme of them starting next year the day after the current HHN wraps is not true. He says they start next year long before the current opens.

They have general ideas, but even then, it's never a lock. Sometimes, those ideas that don't come to fruition get little easter eggs put in, and are put on the idea shelf for a later date. It's probably why you see a lot of coincidental tie-ins.

They have general ideas, but even then, it's never a lock. Sometimes, those ideas that don't come to fruition get little easter eggs put in, and are put on the idea shelf for a later date. It's probably why you see a lot of coincidental tie-ins.
If we see no IT Easter eggs this year I’ll be surprised.

IT will probably never happen now, so....
I was thinking more of a Conjuring-style reference in the form of a clown statue or doll like last year's Raggedy Annes. Less of a tease at the future, more of a little nod to the fans that the IP was at some point in development.

I was thinking they were trying to save Conjuring for next year, but I guess the controversy surrounding it was too much for them. They’re running out of marketable enough IPs they have access to. Now if Comcast gets Fox that will change. Alien would’ve been a nice fit this year but given that tug of war, wasn’t going to happen.

Granted, this year might show that they only need one BIG DRAW property.

I was thinking they were trying to save Conjuring for next year, but I guess the controversy surrounding it was too much for them. They’re running out of marketable enough IPs they have access to. Now if Comcast gets Fox that will change. Alien would’ve been a nice fit this year but given that tug of war, wasn’t going to happen.

Same; It’s too early for 29 & 30 spec but Conjuring & IT would probably be the biggest IP’s to market for either of those years.

Is there a pretty good chance Universal might work with Lionsgate & MGM more in future years if TrT, Killer Klownz, and Poltergeist end up successful?

Edit- I want WB’s event to be good but at the same time I wanna be selfish and want Universal to do those IP’s. But even without them this year’s lineup looks top flight and I hope we get another 21/27

Last edited:
I understand why WB wouldn’t give out the rights to Hollywood, but it seems stupid not to license the rights for It and Conjuring in Orlando. They don’t have a presence on the East Coast, and it’s free money.
Universal, as a company, isn't interested in spending the money for two of the most sought after IPs for only one coast.

So over in Hollywood one of our facades is already almost done... and it’s the exact same facade as our last year’s Blumhouse maze which solidifies our spec over there about Blumhouse 2. Should Blumhouse 2 come to Orlando as well, what do you guys think they’ll use besides HDD?

Last edited:
So over in Hollywood one of our facades is already almost done... and it’s the exact same facade as our last year’s Blumhouse maze which solidifies our spec over there about Blumhouse 2. Should Blumhouse 2 come to Orlando as well, what do you guys think they’ll use besides HDD?

I just hope HDD is part of Blumhouse 2 and not it’s own house.

I really hope we get Sinister again. The VHS tape scenes fit the 80's theme well and Sinister is probably one of the most horrifying movies I've seen in a long time. That movie genuinely creeped me out. They could do a lot with that movie, last year didn't do justice at all.

Last edited: