Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 275 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really hope we get Sinister again. The VHS tape scenes fit the 80's theme well and Sinister is probably one of the most horrifying movies I've seen in a long time. That movie genuinely creeped me out. They could do a lot with that movie, last year didn't do justice at all.

Legacy said it was his third or fourth most anticipated house, so it'd be kind of strange if it's another HoB. I thought the Sinister section was definitely the best part--the daughter actually got me to scream.

Legacy said it was his third or fourth most anticipated house, so it'd be kind of strange if it's another HoB. I thought the Sinister section was definitely the best part--the daughter actually got me to scream.

It could just be a Hollywood exclusive but it is interesting to think about whether HDD will be solo or not

Bringing it back around...

Now with explanations of why for what's been announced.

Meteor
Ragtag
Surprise (assuming nothing has changed)
Coach
Poison
Trick R Treat - There's a couple of fantastic set-pieces at the tale end of this, but I feel like other segments of the movie aren't really getting their due. It'll be a quality house. I'm just not as intrigued by it as what's above it.
Slaughter Sinema - Despite the fantastic name and fun concept, this suffers from humor. I am not, and never really will be, a fan of comedy houses. Even though they are decidedly striving to be not funny with this house, it's going to be funny. It's a personal taste thing.
Stranger Things - This, in theory, should be higher. It's not for a reason. I've seen a lot of it and... creative differences.
Dead Exposure: Patient Zero - We've seen this all before. Audio selection should be fun though, especially in the first scene.
Feature

Yeah, I’m curious to know what’s going to be announced next. I figured since the facade showed Hollywood getting HOB. I’m thinking Orlando will be sharing that IP.

I could see Sinister returning since it’s gonna be in Hollywood’s and it fits the 80s theme. But what other Blumhouse properties do besides Sinister & HDD?

I could see Sinister returning since it’s gonna be in Hollywood’s and it fits the 80s theme. But what other Blumhouse properties do besides Sinister & HDD?
I know Legacy’s clues don’t really point to Sinister at all, but I can’t see why they would pick HDD over Sinister(well, $). Sinister is so much more dark and works way better as a maze. They can do A LOT with the snuff films and murder scenes. The movie is damn intense. Does HDD have anything to do with the 80s anyways?

I didn’t go to HHN last year but even just seeing the YouTube videos of the maze was scary enough. If this maze comes to HHN, it will probably be the only maze that genuinely scares me.

I know Legacy’s clues don’t really point to Sinister at all, but I can’t see why they would pick HDD over Sinister(well, $). Sinister is so much more dark and works way better as a maze. They can do A LOT with the snuff films and murder scenes. The movie is damn intense. Does HDD have anything to do with the 80s anyways?

I didn’t go to HHN last year but even just seeing the YouTube videos of the maze was scary enough. If this maze comes to HHN, it will probably be the only maze that genuinely scares me.

See, I would have rather had nine houses, with the four IPs being StrTh, TrT, Halloween '18, and Poltergeist. Again it's really starting to get difficult for them IP wise, which is why it's so great that they're (somewhat) moving back in the direction of originals.

Last edited:
For the record, I did really enjoy Blumhouse last year.

And....
giphy.gif