Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

@Legacy If this means scareactors playing the kids in ST, does that house rise in rank in your anticipation list ?
Nope.
Seems like they’re not sure exactly which characters will show up themselves. :lol:
Because they may not be. Like I said - we can expect the adults and teens in the house (especially Joyce). I could see Will popping up in a couple of scenes (well, sitting there as a distraction).

If they can get some decent lookalikes, they're going to be on the streets.

I guess I have to ask, what clues led us to knowing that some form of an Oz House was a thing? As I recall, Legacy has only confirmed that the facade for this house would not be of Ultraviolent Comics and that we have seen this facade before, but did he ever acknowledge that either clue meant Oz? Saying it’s not this and we have seen it before could apply to any other Requel house, unless there was an Oz acknowledgement that I missed

Legacy liked a post that @Gambit made on HNN that talked about how we’re revisiting Oz 10 years after Path of the Wicked, and that the house could focus on the aftermath 10 years after the Wicked Witch took over Oz

There isn't enough maze content in Annihilation. They could finagle a few things... the "plant people" could come alive... but stuff like that wouldn't be in the spirit of the movie's carefully-calculated dread. It's more existential and psychological.

That said, I would love an original that's clearly "loosely inspired" that takes its own liberties. A more green, organic take on The Thing, if you will.

There isn't enough maze content in Annihilation. They could finagle a few things... the "plant people" could come alive... but stuff like that wouldn't be in the spirit of the movie's carefully-calculated dread. It's more existential and psychological.

That said, I would love an original that's clearly "loosely inspired" that takes its own liberties. A more green, organic take on The Thing, if you will.
Oh I totally agree. I just wish body horror and existential horror was given the opportunity at a large event like HHN...but I also realize that's not feasible with the crowds.

Oh I totally agree. I just wish body horror and existential horror was given the opportunity at a large event like HHN...but I also realize that's not feasible with the crowds.

Kind of what original content is for.

It’s a shame that Hellraiser wasn’t a lucrative series because it would be a perfect fit—a truly scary property, something they haven’t done before, etc. I think Alien would’ve really fit this year well, dammit Disney. Thing would’ve been a nice fit, but probably too similar to whatever Meteor is.

It’s also interesting (to me) to think of how this year would’ve been different if they’d gotten It—particularly, how they would’ve made two queues long enough to handle constant 120-180 (and sometimes longer) minute waits. Also the projector scene in It would’ve been very similar to the way the flashing was done in DE, so I wonder if they’d still be doing DE2–they would’ve definitely needed a couple budget houses in that case, even with keeping the house number at nine!

Damn... lots of slander in this thread. Hereditary, and The VVitch were both fantastic films IMHO. I never felt bored and I felt like the pacing was steadily increasing for both becoming more chaotic and menacing as the film progressed.

In the VVitch I kind of liked that it actually was a talking goat, because I feel like the majority of films these days they "leave it up to the audiences interpretation" which I mean that is great sometimes, but it's no longer "fresh" especially in the horror genre where there are tons of open-ended conclusions.

I thought It Comes At Night was good, but not as good/original/scary as the previous 2.

A independent horror I didn't like that critics did was "It Follows" ... meh.

i know a lot of people hate the VVitch and find it boring, but that honestly is one of the greatest Witch movies ever made.
I get that it is not scary and does not have jump scares or monsters or anything (and the way they talk turns off a lot of people)

But as far as the subject itself. as far as being a witch story? i thought it was really great. Might be one of the best movies I've ever seen dealing with this subject. and they way they lived in those times. Sure, sure, it is not a "horror" movie, there are no ghosts jumping with loud noises or anything like that,
but you have to give credit to the movie for getting so many things right.

it is funny to see so much hate for the VVitch because the original sequel to the Blair Witch Project was supposed to be exactly like the VVitch. the creators of the blair witch project wanted a movie with the same kind of look and story of this movie. set in old times. they had very similar ideas. (But then we got BOOK OF SHADOWS: Blair witch 2 and the rest was movie history)

I'm really surprised we are not getting announcements almost weekly at this point. We still have 6 houses to announce and we are now less than 60 days away from opening night! In year's past, they typically had everything announced 3 weeks before opening night. It's going to be strange if they announce the rest of the originals together because it will make it seem like they don't care so much about them if they just clumped them together in one announcement when the first two got their own thing (and one even got a whole day's worth of backstory on twitter). Of course the IP's will all get their own day/week. They are running out of weeks

I'm really surprised we are not getting announcements almost weekly at this point. We still have 6 houses to announce and we are now less than 60 days away from opening night! In year's past, they typically had everything announced 3 weeks before opening night. It's going to be strange if they announce the rest of the originals together because it will make it seem like they don't care so much about them if they just clumped them together in one announcement when the first two got their own thing (and one even got a whole day's worth of backstory on twitter). Of course the IP's will all get their own day/week. They are running out of weeks
Well last year and previous years we got the originals announced all at once so I can see that happing again this year.