Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 285 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, I personally wouldn't worry about the announcements. Especially when you look at this tidbit which Drubov pointed out a while back. As of June 28th, they announced 4 houses and every single scare zone. This is a big improvement over last year where at the same point in time, they only announced AHS and the Shining.

An' since already they announced two originals (Dead Exposure: Patient Zero, Slaughter Sinema) separately, it's clear they're not going to be lumping the originals in one reveal near the end. Heck, they're currently getting much better treatment by getting their own announcement videos as well.

This year is so much better than last year announcement wise. They could wait till August to announce the rest and I'd still be okay with it. Not ideal, but i'd be content. But I feel like they'll announce at least one more house before month is over.

What about announcing an original today, early next week, then announcing a shared IP with Hollywood at the event end of the month? That could work right?

There isn't enough maze content in Annihilation. They could finagle a few things... the "plant people" could come alive... but stuff like that wouldn't be in the spirit of the movie's carefully-calculated dread. It's more existential and psychological.

That said, I would love an original that's clearly "loosely inspired" that takes its own liberties. A more green, organic take on The Thing, if you will.
If they took inspiration from the book as well there’d be plenty of inspiration for a maze.

They are different in refreshing ways. Enjoyed and recommend both.

Hellraiser needs to have it’s own house. The vignette in All Night DrIvE In 2 was not enough.

Which part? I’m just guessing that it’s not lucrative enough. I would have LOVED to see it as the obligatory classic IP this year.
You saying how much a financial draw Hellraiser was in 1987, being the reason it's not coming to HHN. First of all, it grossed around 14 million, which would equate to 30 million today...on a 1 million dollar budget. Second, the movie had numerous sequels, two of which are pretty good, and cemented the Pinhead and the cenobites into being horror icons. Finally, Trick 'R Treat was direct to DVD and made WAY less money. The reason it doesn't get included is because the rights are a mess and all over the place.

*Edit Typed too fast because I suck

DDP%2BGood%2BThing.gif

Reactions: Freddyglove