Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 315 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apologies if this question has been answered many times over, but last year “Hook”
The rumored Dementor/Voldemort/Bellatrix zone
was rumored to have been completely completed, all the way down to completed costumes and the like, and the rumor was that it might make it’s appearance this year due to the chance management now has to improve it.

I haven’t heard much else about this zone/show/atmosphere entertainment since then, and I wonder if this is due to event bloat, author’s intent, or perhaps an issue with WB similar to The Conjuring and IT.

Do you think this idea completely dead, or is it just in hibernation because they don’t need it (As Stranger Things is a large enough “hook” for this year’s event)?

Apologies if this question has been answered many times over, but last year “Hook”
was rumored to have been completely completed, all the way down to completed costumes and the like, and the rumor was that it might make it’s appearance this year due to the chance management now has to improve it.

I haven’t heard much else about this zone/show/atmosphere entertainment since then, and I wonder if this is due to event bloat, author’s intent, or perhaps an issue with WB similar to The Conjuring and IT.

Do you think this idea completely dead, or is it just in hibernation because they don’t need it (As Stranger Things is a large enough “hook” for this year’s event)?

I feel like the IP holder doesn't want the IP used for fear of it not being done well outside of a more controlled environment(like a ride). Also, this IP holder has a VERY strict rule of nobody specifically mentioned in said IP showing up inside the park outside of a ride so the last two people you mentioned are for sure never happening.

If anything, I could see them doing what they did in Japan where Halloween takes place during the day with the area getting a few decor items and maybe a projection show or something in IoA.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

I feel like the IP holder doesn't want the IP used for fear of it not being done well outside of a more controlled environment(like a ride). Also, this IP holder has a VERY strict rule of nobody specifically mentioned in said IP showing up inside the park outside of a ride so the last two people you mentioned are for sure never happening.

If anything, I could see them doing what they did in Japan where Halloween takes place during the day with the area getting a few decor items and maybe a projection show or something in IoA.
So, I was told it was actually Universal management who put the kibosh on Hook. Warner Bros may have been part of the decision, but it definitely wasn't JK who pulled the plug. The more I hear about it, the more I think it's a concern about bloat. Last year, with the Bill and Ted finale, a HP show in front of the London facades would have been a logistical nightmare. It would have crushed people. This year, they're probably waiting to see what the crowds will be like with AoV in the theater.

That said, I don't think it's gone. It may just be something they're waiting to take advantage of.

So, I was told it was actually Universal management who put the kibosh on Hook. Warner Bros may have been part of the decision, but it definitely wasn't JK who pulled the plug. The more I hear about it, the more I think it's a concern about bloat. Last year, with the Bill and Ted finale, a HP show in front of the London facades would have been a logistical nightmare. It would have crushed people. This year, they're probably waiting to see what the crowds will be like with AoV in the theater.

That said, I don't think it's gone. It may just be something they're waiting to take advantage of.

Considering WB's apparent desire to add Potter to their Halloween lineup, I hope it's something that is possible

Thank you! That’s really interesting.

They would probably hate to lose money on the costumes and whatever else was completed, so it would seem odd to be cancelled completely. I know that, a few pages back, someone was concerned that after Stranger Things runs through all of it’s house material that there are slim pickings in terms of never-before-seen hot IPs, so perhaps this is an ace up the sleeve that they can deploy in case of a total house loss or a lack of big IP?

Off-Topic, but I think it’s really funny that this year could have very well been an “Icon Reunion” year:

Dead Exposure: Patient Zero - Dr. Mary
Slaughter Sinema - The Usher, The Director... HR Bloodngutz (?)
Carnival Graveyard: Rust In Pieces; Killer Klowns - Jack, Chance, & Eddie (The Purge suits Eddie, too)
Seeds of Extinction - Lady Luck
Scary Tales - The Storyteller
Revenge of Chucky - Cindy
The Harvest - The Caretaker (& Bone, if he counts...)
And then the IP...

Obviously, this will not be advertised as such as they’re leaning into the 80s vibe, but perhaps these VHS tapes were lying around in a barn in Carey, OH, where iconic creeps would have a horrifying movie marathon while torturing Legendary Truth recruits.

Of course that’s more of a “headcannon”, but it makes you wonder if there was ever a plan for these houses in a different year, concepts that never made it in their icon’s year. Or perhaps that some of these houses were meant for a 30th reunion?

I wonder if part of it is concern about people getting handsy with Bellatrix the way they do whenever therest a female character walking around at HHN.

@Freddyglove You said the WHOLE night ?? I was in line for blumhouse last year and the power went out for that house (Didn’t hear about the power going out in the others that night, so I assume it was confined to BH). Ended up waiting like an hour and a half but it opened back up.

Reactions: RevFreako
Fair thing to bring up, there is a slight possibility that Blum or Polt is announced tomorrow, as Murdy has gone out to mention that he's aiming for the next announcement to be tomorrow.

And as another endgame, it also seems as if it'll be not their exclusive, as he alluded to the next being announced for their Backlot locals.

Reactions: SukaVayne73
Fair thing to bring up, there is a slight possibility that Blum or Polt is announced tomorrow, as Murdy has gone out to mention that he's aiming for the next announcement to be tomorrow.

And as another endgame, it also seems as if it'll be not their exclusive, as he alluded to the next being announced for their Backlot locals.

If we’re going off of uh um.... that “thing” that happened yesterday then Poltergeist should be up next with Blumhouse as the final shared announcement. Unless Orlando saves Scary Tales for last

Edit - @Brian G. is this violating one of this rules? I’ll edit this comment if it is but I just wanna make sure I’m not gonna get banned for mentioning what happened

So was Thing even a thing for this year? Or was it like NoES where it was just a fake rumor.

It’s honestly surprising that this year went from a speculated, what, 7 IPs? and 2 originals to now a 5/5 split. Makes me wonder which originals they originally started on and were gonna do regardless of how this year ended up

So was Thing even a thing for this year? Or was it like NoES where it was just a fake rumor.

It’s honestly surprising that this year went from a speculated, what, 7 IPs? and 2 originals to now a 5/5 split. Makes me wonder which originals they originally started on and were gonna do regardless of how this year ended up

No houses were replaced if that's what you mean. Everything was just out of control speculation.