Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 322 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Any sense from that how long the show will be?
I mean, if it's judging by typical show lengths it could reasonably range anywhere from 30-45 minutes.

I know last year they never really recovered to a full show, but Bill and Ted usually lasted around 45, and the RHPS was about 40-45, so it seems a safe bet to assume that a move to a full theater would bump it up closer to 45.

I noticed reservations for Finn’s open tomorrow for the weekend I’m attending, Sept. 20-22. You guys think I should grab a table for each day around 4, or rough it out at the Stay and Scream by Hello Kitty? I’m assuming these will be AP nights, so I’m better off hitting the soundstages first.

There’s no planning thread yet, hence why I posted this here.

So I am going to ask here, since I don't see a more appropriate thread for the question.

I have only been to HHN once, and that was a few years back. One of the biggest hurdles I came across (and I have seen others mention this) is the "Conga Lines"

How much room do you have to actually "self-pulse" the lines or is there a trick that you use to help increase your chances of getting the most scares?

So I am going to ask here, since I don't see a more appropriate thread for the question.

I have only been to HHN once, and that was a few years back. One of the biggest hurdles I came across (and I have seen others mention this) is the "Conga Lines"

How much room do you have to actually "self-pulse" the lines or is there a trick that you use to help increase your chances of getting the most scares?
Best trick I know of is multiple run throughs. You want to experience both casts as there can be a huge difference.

Looks like there may have been some slight adjustments to the HHN site this morning.

Academy of Villains: Cyberpunk logo is in the shows section, and there are spots for seven "attractions" (all "coming soon".

So, I'm guessing those will be

-Rip Ride Rocket
-Transformers
-Mummy
-Gringots
-Men in Black
-F&F?
-Fallon?

Best trick I know of is multiple run throughs. You want to experience both casts as there can be a huge difference.

Not being a Florida Resident, and attending on 3 nights, multiple walk-thoughts is necessarily going to be an option if I want to get everything in. Last time we were there we did one night and got into 3 of 7 houses.

Looks like there may have been some slight adjustments to the HHN site this morning.

Academy of Villains: Cyberpunk logo is in the shows section, and there are spots for seven "attractions" (all "coming soon".

-Rip Ride Rocket
-Transformers
-Mummy
-Gringots
-Men in Black
-F&F?
-Fallon?
The announcement that Simpsons won't be open was incredibly last minute. It's likely that "seven" is a vestige. There are a few.

Not being a Florida Resident, and attending on 3 nights, multiple walk-thoughts is necessarily going to be an option if I want to get everything in. Last time we were there we did one night and got into 3 of 7 houses.
Once the touring plans come out you will have a much better chance of getting in all the houses if you follow one. If S&S is an option that is 2 houses right there. Arrive early, stay late and hit as many as you can early and take a break then do the rest later or do repeats of what you liked.
The cast and ops are there to keep the line moving, if you are "pulsing" it holds up everyone behind you in line.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

-Rip Ride Rocket
-Transformers
-Mummy
-Gringots
-Men in Black
-F&F?
-Fallon?
Pretty sure Legacy said Fallon'll be closed.

Go with somebody that gets very scared.

I am very, very easily scared, and more easily startled, especially by jump scares. I think my... *ahem* “loud reactions” alerted Scareactors ahead of me that I was a prime target, and as such I was able to see many of the scares.

Now, obviously you won’t get every scare every time. It’s impossible, especially because some of them are on a timer that has nothing to do with if people are around or not. And there are scares designed to hit the people distracted by some other scare. You’ll need to visit each house at least twice to make sure you’ve seen it all.

I mean, if it's judging by typical show lengths it could reasonably range anywhere from 30-45 minutes.

I know last year they never really recovered to a full show, but Bill and Ted usually lasted around 45, and the RHPS was about 40-45, so it seems a safe bet to assume that a move to a full theater would bump it up closer to 45.

It makes sense for the size of the venue. However, I thought the shortened 2017 "hurricane" show was actually an improvement over 2016--not sure almost doubling the length will do this any favors.

Reactions: JoeCamel
It makes sense for the size of the venue. However, I thought the shortened 2017 "hurricane" show was actually an improvement over 2016--not sure almost doubling the length will do this any favors.
I liked the 2016 longer show much much better ... but that certainly doesn’t mean I’d love one that is 45 minutes. It’s all about content IMO, and I personally liked the content and variety of the 2016 show over 2017.

Reactions: HalloweenStar

I just walk as slowly as I can, while technically never stopping.

That's what I thought. So, the more accurate list would be:

-Rip Ride Rocket
-Transformers
-Mummy
-Gringots
-Men in Black
-F&F
-Simpsons (actually closed)

If that's the case, could the 7th be something that may be an up-charge attraction, separate from a traditional maze and more as a "stand-alone" experience? I'm not talking a VR thing, but it does make me curious.

AoV's main showcase this year was Cyberpunk so I expect many of the songs from that coming to this show. Could see the opening and probably final songs for sure making the cut. They had it professional recorded and posted on youtube. It has some language in it so it's NSFW. This show is only about 14 minutes though so I hope they double it at least. Filling up and emptying out that theater multiple times a night for a 14 minute show will be bad. It needs to be at least 25-30 minutes.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
If that's the case, could the 7th be something that may be an up-charge attraction, separate from a traditional maze and more as a "stand-alone" experience? I'm not talking a VR thing, but it does make me curious.
I’m thinking they might just be counting AoV as an “attraction” for some reason. Or maybe the 7 count was before Simpsons was axed.