Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

If Blumhouse Vol 2. comes to fruition - I'd like to see them take on Paranormal Activity, Happy Death Day, and then Halloween.

If Blumhouse Vol 2. comes to fruition - I'd like to see them take on Paranormal Activity, Happy Death Day, and then Halloween.
I did a little bit of a sketchup rendering for a Blum Vol. 2. I used Creep, Lazarus Effect, Hush, and Get Out. I think it makes a pretty solid house.

I did a little bit of a sketchup rendering for a Blum Vol. 2. I used Creep, Lazarus Effect, Hush, and Get Out. I think it makes a pretty solid house.

I have yet to see Get Out to give an honest opinion, but none of those other franchises are happening. You may like them, and that's fine, but they have 0% drawing power.

I have yet to see Get Out to give an honest opinion, but none of those other franchises are happening. You may like them, and that's fine, but they have 0% drawing power.
I wasn't talking in matters of drawing power. I was talking about what other Blum movies they could use in a mashup house. They have a good 30 to choose from.

I wasn't talking in matters of drawing power. I was talking about what other Blum movies they could use in a mashup house. They have a good 30 to choose from.

I know - and those properties have 0% drawing power, which is something the minds at Universal look at when choosing IP's. If it doesn't have a blip on the radar - they won't consider it.

GET OUT is a great, great film.

I also don’t think it’s one that can translate to HHN

That's what I think too, but again, have yet to see it so I'm trying to be fair.

Honestly, if Blumhouse return, I would think that it would be a shared house, and would contain two shared IPs and one original for each.

I would agree that it would make sense that Happy Death Day comes to Orlando, but I would think Hollywood would get something else to fill that hole (as it was used this year for Hollywood).

I would think Purge and Halloween would come for obvious reasons, and it wouldn't even be that bad of an inclusion if both are given their due in the mashup.

To diverge, I have to wonder if they may not have an official Icon this year, but I'd love myself to be proven wrong in that.

Honestly, if Blumhouse return, I would think that it would be a shared house, and would contain two shared IPs and one original for each.

I would agree that it would make sense that Happy Death Day comes to Orlando, but I would think Hollywood would get something else to fill that hole (as it was used this year for Hollywood).

I would think Purge and Halloween would come for obvious reasons, and it wouldn't even be that bad of an inclusion if both are given their due in the mashup.

To diverge, I have to wonder if they may not have an official Icon this year, but I'd love myself to be proven wrong in that.

I am under the impression Purge is done and will only be used an emergency crutch going forward.

Last edited:
Who knows? This year’s marketing efforts were a casualty in that backstage power struggle. Signs for an icon in 2018. Potential there won’t be. I just want cohesion.

Not me. I’d be all for it.

House or show invasion would be great.

For reference, in 2003 (I think it was) Sinbad played during HHN, only with Will and Grace invading the show. It was clever, with Bill and Ted’s brash humor without the concern for parody rights. Having Rick and Morty invade Sinbad in a similar way, especially with their acerbic humor directed at the Sinbad characters instead of the audience/society, could provide the levity Bill and Ted provided in a “safer” package.
If we get a new parody show i'll be delighted considering i'm not expecting to see parody at HHN anytime soon. I've got absolutely no intel on what their plan is though so they could surprise me. It would slightly annoy me though if we lost B&T only to have it replaced by another parody show, just one that Comcast isn't paying rights for.

Honestly, I can't see any way that they don't go dual park next year. Or, atleast; have half of IOA closed off from Horror and the other half open for Horror, IMO.
I mean, it's looking more and more like they need to, but how many times have we said "there's no way they can't do a dual park event next year" and then they pull something out of their ass in order to keep the event at one park?

That's the only way I want Halloween coming as a part of a house is if it's just a section in a house like Horrors of Blumhouse. We've had a decent amount of Halloween the past few years. I know a counter-point could be made about AHS, TWD or Purge, but those are all way mainstream and already played out as is. I want franchises like Halloween to continue to feel special.

I am under the impression Purge is done and will only be used an emergency crutch going forward.
So then we're at about a 99.9% chance Purge gets used, right? :lol:

This year was my first HHN, so I don't have a full lot of experience in terms of what IPs generally get used. But next year, I'd expect:
- IT - Being recent, relevant, and one of the highest grossing horror films of all time, there's no way it doesn't make it next year, IMO. I'd say it should be a mega-house with Pennywise as event icon.
- Stranger Things - It's one of the most popular shows out there right now and as of Season 2, there's plenty of material for a house. The only way I don't see it happening is if Netflix is overly stingy on the rights.
- Happy Death Day - Decent box office success and is also Universal-owned, so I think it's a decent possibility. Possibly as a section in Blumhouse, though.
- The Purge - Yeah, it's cliche, but there's a fourth movie coming out and it's Universal-owned so I have a feeling it's a lock for at least a scare-zone.
- American Horror Story - Obligatory.
I also predict that Get Out WON'T be used. It's a great movie, and it was a huge success, but I don't think it translate well into HHN at all.

T
- The Purge - Yeah, it's cliche, but there's a fourth movie coming out and it's Universal-owned so I have a feeling it's a lock for at least a scare-zone.

I also predict that Get Out WON'T be used. It's a great movie, and it was a huge success, but I don't think it translate well into HHN at all.

I singled this out to highlight some thoughts.

1. I just finished Get Out now and I completely agree. Yes, it has a scene or two that borders close to horror - but it would definitely be forced.

2. With Purge, it's becoming more and more of a sensitive subject with some guests. Last year, it was canned as a zone due to Pulse. This year, things were changed due to Vegas. Sadly, live in a time where those tragedies are part of the norm.

Personally, I also think there is nothing more they can do with the property.

2. With Purge, it's becoming more and more of a sensitive subject with some guests. Last year, it was canned as a zone due to Pulse. This year, things were changed due to Vegas. Sadly, live in a time where those tragedies are part of the norm.

Personally, I also think there is nothing more they can do with the property.
Yeah, they've toned things down two years in a row and when death by gun is the biggest way people die in your movies, it's not exactly a good look.

That said, Purge 4 is actually a prequel so i'm not ruling it out.