Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

It seems that the "original" Ringwraith was referring to on HNN is more using an IP or multiple IPs in original ways (Titans of Terror) than it is a "true" original house like Scarecrow or Nightengales.

explaining the difference between "types" of originals Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation - Page 23 - Halloween Horror Nights 28 - Horror Night Nightmares

Ringwraith's post
Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation - Page 23 - Halloween Horror Nights 28 - Horror Night Nightmares
So, yeah. He's talking about Hollywood's exclusive Classic Monster house.

I said that "I think it's just going to be in Hollywood anyways, Ringwraith never said this mash up is going to be in Orlando"

Ringwraith quoted that and responded:
"We will get a mash-up of monsters here(so far)."

in the HHN Orlando 28 spec thread, meaning he says he thinks Orlando is getting this original that features an IP or IPs.

Taking meaning from that, this could be a number of things. I personally hope it's a house featuring all of John Carpenter's biggest hits: The Thing, They Live, Escape from NY, they could even use Mikey Myers, even though he's already prob gonna be at Blum Halloween. Idk it's just an idea I've had in my head for a while.

I said that "I think it's just going to be in Hollywood anyways, Ringwraith never said this mash up is going to be in Orlando"

Ringwraith quoted that and responded:
"We will get a mash-up of monsters here(so far)."

in the HHN Orlando 28 spec thread, meaning he says he thinks Orlando is getting this original that features an IP or IPs.

Taking meaning from that, this could be a number of things. I personally hope it's a house featuring all of John Carpenter's biggest hits: The Thing, They Live, Escape from NY, they could even use Mikey Myers, even though he's already prob gonna be at Blum Halloween. Idk it's just an idea I've had in my head for a while.

It might be Titans of Terror since Hollywood’s was a hit. It would be a better fit than Nightmare on Elm Street and would make more sense than UCM since that’s a Hollywood exclusive

It’s funny you bring this up, because I’ve been literally imagining this idea since HHN28 ended. I think I got inspired by the 80’s vibe and John Carpenter music used in Hive and started to imagine a mega house with the movies you mentioned plus At The Mouth of Madness, Christine, and even Big Trouble in Little China. The music alone could make that house epic. They could take a page from Blumhouse’s title and call it “The Horrors of John Carpenter.”

I don’t actually expect this to happen, but I would be pretty psyched about it if it did. I’m glad I’m not the only person to think of it.

IMO it lets them re-use some of the merchandise from Hollywood’s 2017 and it allows them to bring all of the big 4 70’s/80’s slashers back for the year.
The way I see it is, we’ve had all three of the titans (four if you count mike) at the event in 25 and 26, only 3 years ago at most! If you use these four in ads so much I feel the GP would get the impression that HHN has the same houses every year more so than if they mixed up the roster a bit. Personally I want an OG NoES house because I love that movie tbh, I would be good with ToT as well, just sad we missed out on the solo NoES house

So basically it’s just going to be the same as Hollywood? So we have just one house not shared with Hollywood? Now if Titans is INSTEAD of NOES that’s fine and dandy. Thought we weren’t sharing a UCM house with Hollywood?

Last edited:
The way I see it is, we’ve had all three of the titans (four if you count mike) at the event in 25 and 26, only 3 years ago at most! If you use these four in ads so much I feel the GP would get the impression that HHN has the same houses every year more so than if they mixed up the roster a bit. Personally I want an OG NoES house because I love that movie tbh, I would be good with ToT as well, just sad we missed out on the solo NoES house

Well atm it’s just speculation, and I don’t think Freddy/Jason/Leatherface would take up much marketing when the Demogorgan, Pennywise, the Clown Cult, and 2018 Micheal Myers are there

Hubris, man.

What I was told was, basically, Universal was talking with Dimension/MTV to use Scream while A&D started designing/building the house. The rights to Scream, from the beginning, looked like a lock. That's why A&D went ahead with it. Problem was, there was never confirmation on WHICH Scream to use. Universal (as an entity) was so confident they could reach an agreement to use the film. It seems obvious, but while A&D was building a house based on the movie (because that's what they wanted to build), the rights holders were only interested in the TV show. When Dimension/MTV refused to budge on it, it was too late.

So, from my understanding, there never was an AGREEMENT for Scream. It was all presumption because, "We're Universal."

Again, that's what I've been told. May be wrong. However, knowing what I know about how a lot of decisions are made, it wouldn't surprise me if that's exactly what happened.
Might be one of the reasons they are looking for a license/IP manager....

Ok, so back on page 39, it says that the UCM house at Hollywood will be swapped for NoES in Orlando. So does that mean they just went ahead and decided to add both? Because if they replaced NoES with the UCM house and we still get 2 originals (preferably not a Will o' Wisp), I can get on board with that.

I promised myself I wouldn’t obsess over this forum this year (since I visited about once an hour last year) ... but I’m already failing at this. Love all that I am reading.

Anyone hear anything about VR coming back? Yes, I’m one of the (seemingly) few people upset that it didn’t come back last year.

I promised myself I wouldn’t obsess over this forum this year (since I visited about once an hour last year) ... but I’m already failing at this. Love all that I am reading.

Anyone hear anything about VR coming back? Yes, I’m one of the (seemingly) few people upset that it didn’t come back last year.
I would think that is much later in the year. The first time it was very close to the event that they started with the selling and the rumors happened just before that.

Ok, so back on page 39, it says that the UCM house at Hollywood will be swapped for NoES in Orlando. So does that mean they just went ahead and decided to add both? Because if they replaced NoES with the UCM house and we still get 2 originals (preferably not a Will o' Wisp), I can get on board with that.

UCM isn’t switched out of Hollywood’s lineup, it’s a still a go for our coast as far as I know. That said, at the moment it sounds like UCM is a Hollywood exclusive while, if Ringwraith is a reliable source, then you guys will be getting an original spin on something else. Also, John Murdy semi-confirmed no Freddy for our coast by replying to a fan asking to bring back Freddy by saying “but we just did him”. So from what it sounds like Orlando’s lineup could be the 6 shared IP’s, 1 original monster mashup, and 1 original.

*About this monster original, who’s to say it isn’t a mashup of Universal’s original(not classic) monsters? *not a rumor just my own speculation

Edit about the thing on page 39: What I was saying was that you guys aren’t getting UCM, but getting Nightmare on Elm Street instead

Double Edit: I just read through Horror Night Nightmares and their lineup is somewhat off. From what it seems you guys are still getting a 7/2 split

Last edited:
UCM isn’t switched out of Hollywood’s lineup, it’s a still a go for our coast as far as I know. That said, at the moment it sounds like UCM is a Hollywood exclusive while, if Ringwraith is a reliable source, then you guys will be getting an original spin on something else. Also, John Murdy semi-confirmed no Freddy for our coast by replying to a fan asking to bring back Freddy by saying “but we just did him”. So from what it sounds like Orlando’s lineup could be the 6 shared IP’s, 1 original monster mashup, and 1 original.

*About this monster original, who’s to say it isn’t a mashup of Universal’s original(not classic) monsters? *not a rumor just my own speculation

Edit about the thing on page 39: What I was saying was that you guys aren’t getting UCM, but getting Nightmare on Elm Street instead

Double Edit: I just read through Horror Night Nightmares and their lineup is somewhat off. From what it seems you guys are still getting a 7/2 split

What I thought was that we were ALSO getting the UCM house that Hollywood was having, and that it counted as one of two originals. They may still do a UCM house, but pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaassse be Bloodengutz (or something as creative/along those lines, and not something thrown together like House of Horrors in 22).

What I thought was that we were ALSO getting the UCM house that Hollywood was having, and that it counted as one of two originals. They may still do a UCM house, but pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaassse be Bloodengutz (or something as creative/along those lines, and not something thrown together like House of Horrors in 22).
Everything I’ve heard about the Classic Monsters was that it was exclusive to Hollywood. Nothing has changed on that from where I sit. I have no actual information on originals yet, and have heard nothing about an “IP Mashup” for Orlando.

So, taking a step back, what do we know so far that could fit with this new information (if it’s accurate)?

AHS is likely set to return.
AHS has multiple seasons.
AHS has traditionally been the mega-house.
A “best-of” all 7 seasons can feature Cult without advertising Cult.

So, maybe, it’s not something new. Maybe it’s something more specific.

(Ladies and gentlemen, I present “Speculation.”)

Everything I’ve heard about the Classic Monsters was that it was exclusive to Hollywood. Nothing has changed on that from where I sit. I have no actual information on originals yet, and have heard nothing about an “IP Mashup” for Orlando.

So, taking a step back, what do we know so far that could fit with this new information (if it’s accurate)?

AHS is likely set to return.
AHS has multiple seasons.
AHS has traditionally been the mega-house.
A “best-of” all 7 seasons can feature Cult without advertising Cult.

So, maybe, it’s not something new. Maybe it’s something more specific.

(Ladies and gentlemen, I present “Speculation.”)

Ugh I hope AHS doesn’t get the mega house treatment this year. I mean the houses have been really good but I think(hope) they would trust Cult enough to let it have its own house. Plus, a 7 season house just sounds way too cramped considering Asylum & Murder House took up a considerable amount of their mashup mega houses alone