Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

Okay, I'm very interested. How would they do it, since the side that had Field of Screams now has BMG? Are the sprung tents still going to be used? Would they be able to dust out the Carnage warehouse? Be interesting to see them do Poseidon's Fury (BTW, if Terror Mines began in the water tunnel, how did they make a full house? It had to have been shorter than Dead Waters.)

IP:
-2 BIG gets. Universal felt it this year without a big IP draw. AHS just couldn't do it 2 years in a row. They'll put out all the stops to get IT or resolve the Conjuring issues, and I think Stranger Things is a lock.
-Return to Blumhouse: Halloween, Happy Death Day, and a third
-American Horror Story Cult: Tent or Parade sized house
-A classic property: They seem to be doing well with these. Would love to see them finally do Killer Klownz

Originals:
-Historical-based house: Like Scarecrow before it. I love Legacy's Donner party concept. Plus, after Winter's Night back in 21, I'd love to see another snow house.
-Sequel house: Please for the love of god bring back Nightingales
-3D House: You gotta figure they'll take another stab at one after taking a year off
-Icon house: Eff it, I'm going for broke. After the Icon War of this year, creative will finally win a battle and get an icon

If there is a 10th house, I'm going to bet it's something returning. Maybe they bring back Scarecrow or Hive or something.

Shows:

Academy of Villains - Temporary stage in front of where FFL once stood
Icon Show - Mel's Stage

Last edited:
six flags mexico already did a stranger things house. (looked pretty bad, just a lot of painted hallways with no props

Crowds will be insane if they get both IT and Stranger Things. Those are honestly the two biggest IPs you could get for HHN next year, imo.

Okay, I'm very interested. How would they do it, since the side that had Field of Screams now has BMG?

Nothing has changed other than Nickelodeon becoming BMG. The pathway still exists.

Are the sprung tents still going to be used? Would they be able to dust out the Carnage warehouse?

Maybe. and Maybe. :lol:

Be interesting to see them do Poseidon's Fury (BTW, if Terror Mines began in the water tunnel, how did they make a full house? It had to have been shorter than Dead Waters.)

I don't remember much other than it being bad soooo. :lol:

-Icon house: Eff it, I'm going for broke. After the Icon War of this year, creative will finally win a battle and get an icon
Aiello should be a little less distracted next year without Harry Potter occupying all of his time (understandably.) So, maybe he can step in and make everyone play nice...

If they actually get Conjuring this time, along with Cult and It, I think Poltergeist and Killer Klowns would be a bit too redundant. Not sure of a classic horror film they could do.

It’s not “classic” at this point, but you could do a very interesting abstract house with The Ring. Wonder if Silence of the Lambs could work (yes, I’m drawing from ANDI2).

Aiello should be a little less distracted next year without Harry Potter occupying all of his time (understandably.) So, maybe he can step in and make everyone play nice...
It wasn't Mike's absence. When a high-level decision-maker pointedly doesn't like icons at, and Marketing thinks there's only one previous icon worth using and believes they can do better, the head of Creative Development for A&D (remember, it's still more of a middle manager role) still has very little swing-room to fix things. The problem isn't subordinate to him.

The only way it may get fixed is if Marketing botches everything and provides evidence A&D can do a better... hey... wait a minute.

It might be too inappropriate subject matter (even by HHN standards), but maybe David Cronenburg's Shivers? Trying to think of a classic horror movie that hasn't been done yet, that doesn't involve clowns or a haunted home. Now if they don't do both It and Conjuring (I think they do at least one or the other), I think Poltergeist or Killer Klowns would be awesome. The thought of Stranger Things and either Killer Klowns or Poltergeist at the same event...

It might be too inappropriate subject matter (even by HHN standards), but maybe David Cronenburg's Shivers? Trying to think of a classic horror movie that hasn't been done yet, that doesn't involve clowns or a haunted home. Now if they don't do both It and Conjuring (I think they do at least one or the other), I think Poltergeist or Killer Klowns would be awesome. The thought of Stranger Things and either Killer Klowns or Poltergeist at the same event...
There’s tons of “classics” available:

Hellraiser
The Hills Have Eyes
Phantasm
Susperia
Freaks
Original Evil Dead Trilogy
Candy Man
April Fool’s Day
The Blob

All of this assumes a “classic” is assured. Everyone swore there would be a 3D house for 27 because there had to one... and there wasn’t. If there’s nothing of note A&D, Marketing, or anyone wants or thinks is worth getting, there doesn’t need to be one.

Do any of y’all think we might get a Catacombs, Spawning, Leave it to Cleaver, Legendary Truth, or Orfanage requel? All were solid concepts and seem pretty deserving of a requel or another shot

Stranger Things has plenty of material I can think of off the top of my head....

Season One - The Byers house of course (which could be broken up into many scenes wall stretching scene, the alphabet christmas lights, and the final Demogorgon battle), Upiside Down forrest scenes, Middle School finale, Hawkins Lab

Season two - The dead pumpkin farms, the tunnels, Hawkins lab, the "Punk hideout" etc

You can break Hawkins lab into many scenes as well (11 in a water tube, the gateway, the Demodogs through the hallways etc)

Also any other random things like the outside junk yard scenes (the bus from s1 or s2) the arcade, a pitch black room with just 11 standing screaming with a bloody nose.....tons of things that would make it an AWESOME house.

There’s tons of “classics” available:

Hellraiser
The Hills Have Eyes
Phantasm
Susperia
Freaks
Original Evil Dead Trilogy
Candy Man
April Fool’s Day
The Blob

All of this assumes a “classic” is assured. Everyone swore there would be a 3D house for 27 because there had to one... and there wasn’t. If there’s nothing of note A&D, Marketing, or anyone wants or thinks is worth getting, there doesn’t need to be one.

I'd imagine that if they're spending money to use an IP, they'd go for more bankable IPs than most of the above listed. I don't see crowds flocking to a Candy Man or Hellraiser house in 2018.

My immediate guesses are:

Blumhouse mashup (maybe mega)
AHS Cult - tent
The Conjuring (if possible)
IT (if possible)
Maybe Slenderman? Movie comes out 2018
Maybe Insidious The Last Key but that'd be repetitive and would make more sense in the mashup
Four Originals / maybe even 5 if there's a tenth house.

EDIT: How could I have forgotten Stranger Things...

Last edited:
So if Blumhouse Volume 2 does come, would it potentially be like this years and have 2 hallways and rooms for 2 properties, and an emphasis on the third? If they did The Visit or Split, Happy Death Day, and Halloween this would work well but it might benefit to be in a SS or larger venue.