Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

I've seen a few declarations made in here since last night about expected and/or locked houses. Have we not learned anything?

giphy1.gif

To add...

Let's assume that we know there will be 9 houses. We have 1 confirmation and 6+ rumored intellectual properties. If people start 'locking in' properties for those remaining available house spots without any factual confirmation, that doesn't leave room for discussion about other properties. Rumored on not.

Some people treat the locked-type declarations as fact and this very well may lead to people becoming disappointed in the long run.

Carry on and have some fun!

Definitely, we have no idea what is actually locked, and things can ALWAYS change.

What's the harm in saying that you expect something to be at the event, though? What else would we be discussing on here?
I think the concern is declaring a response to something not showing up that may have never been coming in the first place.

And, again, I listed nine potential IPs that everyone has discussed (including AHS) and relayed what I was told: four of them aren't coming. That doesn't mean more of them won't be coming. It also doesn't mean I listed everything that COULD be coming.

Because I didn't.

EDIT - And maybe we should all stop looking at Hollywood's rumored lineup for answers...

Last edited:
And, again, I listed nine potential IPs that everyone has discussed (including AHS) and relayed what I was told: four of them aren't coming. That doesn't mean more of them won't be coming. It also doesn't mean I listed everything that COULD be coming.

Because I didn't.
I know I know I know.

I'm just saying that you didn't say that someone told you "four of these IPs aren't coming." You said they told you four specific IPs that aren't coming, so if you initially didn't include AHS on the list of IPs, it means that AHS is not one of the four.

This doesn't mean it's coming or not, just that it's not on the list of four IPs that are definitely not coming.

We're all just theorizers and dreamers on here, most of us have no inside info, we're just making estimations based on available info.

I know I know I know.

I'm just saying that you didn't say that someone told you "four of these IPs aren't coming." You said they told you four specific IPs that aren't coming, so if you initially didn't include AHS on the list of IPs, it means that AHS is not one of the four.

This doesn't mean it's coming or not, just that it's not on the list of four IPs that are definitely not coming.

We're all just theorizers and dreamers on here, most of us have no inside info, we're just making estimations based on available info.
And that is all speculation is.

You're thinking the right way. There's some good, logical thought going on. That's what makes the "game" interesting. It's not just, "this is rumored lineup, so everything we hear has to fit into this." It's approaching it all with a healthy dose of cynicism.

And there's also the possibility that my source is feeding me bad information... because we can actually believe there is legitimately bad information this year.

And that is all speculation is.

You're thinking the right way. There's some good, logical thought going on. That's what makes the "game" interesting. It's not just, "this is rumored lineup, so everything we hear has to fit into this." It's approaching it all with a healthy dose of cynicism.

And there's also the possibility that my source is feeding me bad information... because we can actually believe there is actually bad information this year.
Your source could be feeding you bad info that there even IS bad info :bigeye:

btw :agree: with that whole post, thanks for the consistently fun hints that don’t just give everything away, ‘tis fun :grin:

Yea it's probably best to let the speculation live on. Idk if anyone else is like me, but I have a sole interest in one of the IP's. Once I get a definitive answer on whether it'll be there or not, I will no longer be interested in the speculation because then I'll know whether I'm getting my favorite or not.

So… I may be reading into everything wrong but it sounds like IT is a no and Lost Boys isn’t happening. Not sure if I can ask but does The Conjuring have a better shot of coming this year? There’s been a lot of discussion about it lately

So… I may be reading into everything wrong but it sounds like IT is a no and Lost Boys isn’t happening. Not sure if I can ask but does The Conjuring have a better shot of coming this year? There’s been a lot of discussion about it lately
There’s nothing saying IT or Lost Boys isn’t coming, Legacy just gave a list of 8 IPs and said that 4 of them are definitely not happening