Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yea that's understandable, but the event is catering to more people than just you. I think having the title of number one grossing horror film of all time holds more weight.
Not sure where you think I'm saying the event should only cater to me? I said the stuff I want would never come to HHN, but it doesn't invalidate that I still want them at the event.
I'm not a huge fan of It (the Curry or Skarsgard versions) but even I think It could be distilled down to a pretty scary house.

That said, I too enjoy just plain dread. Seeds did this perfectly for me. There are, of course, instances of combining "jumpscares" with dread. Laugh at me all you want, but I think the first FNAF does this very well, I think it builds an atmosphere of dread masterfully. (Doesn't mean I want FNAF to come anywhere near Horror Nights, but I'd love an original version!)
I actually agree with you on FNAF. Originals are awesome for dread! That's really why I, and I'm sure many others, enjoy original houses. I have no idea what's happening around me and what's to come... THAT instills dread. Films that create dread are disorienting for the viewer, they combine non-explicable visuals and a-typical storytelling to create a feeling of unease in the viewer. I feel like original mazes have this same freedom that these movies have, while IP mazes tend to be bound by a retelling of a story that I've already seen. Essentially, it kills a lot of the tension and it's more about being in the film/TV show than being scared, for me personally. With that in mind, I'd rather see IPs that I'd like to be immersed in.
are you talking about IT or the nun?
Both. The Nun is significantly a worse offender of jumpscares, but It still doesn't get a pass from me. In regards to It, I've watched the film 3 times. Loved it the first time, that love greatly diminished the second time, and decided it just wasn't for me after the third viewing.

Reactions: captainryborg
I think 29 is going to be a tough year more so because the best material will be saved for the 30th anniversary - with that said there is still a lot
Wishlist:
- They Live (saw poster hanging in Blumhouse Happy Death Day and reminded me how much I love this movie)
-Tales from the Crypt in any capacity would be awesome- scarezone or house, they could do something similar to the Chucky SZ
-with the recent trend of classics like Poltergiest/Exorcist/Shining I feel like next up would be Amityville Horror
-Jeepers Creepers (they showed with scarecrow how great of a cornfield they could manufacture -maybe a mashup house of the 1st 2 movies

I think they should save Killer Klownz for 30 as well as Chucky

I think 29 is going to be a tough year more so because the best material will be saved for the 30th anniversary - with that said there is still a lot
Wishlist:
- They Live (saw poster hanging in Blumhouse Happy Death Day and reminded me how much I love this movie)
-Tales from the Crypt in any capacity would be awesome- scarezone or house, they could do something similar to the Chucky SZ
-with the recent trend of classics like Poltergiest/Exorcist/Shining I feel like next up would be Amityville Horror
-Jeepers Creepers (they showed with scarecrow how great of a cornfield they could manufacture -maybe a mashup house of the 1st 2 movies

You'll see Give RevFreako a Tickle: The Scarezone before you ever get a sniff of Jeepers Creepers anywhere near HHN. People can howl all they like, but "Directed by a Convicted Pederast" is gonna be a non-starter.

That's one that doesn't come up a lot, but definitive cult classic with a ton of 80s "cool kid" street cred, would be fairly cheap and easy to design (modern sets, just one type of alien). I could see it working in a back tent.

There's usually a hint as to a house or two planned for the next year hidden in the event--I wonder if that was one.

That's one that doesn't come up a lot, but definitive cult classic with a ton of 80s "cool kid" street cred, would be fairly cheap and easy to design (modern sets, just one type of alien). I could see it working in a back tent.

There's usually a hint as to a house or two planned for the next year hidden in the event--I wonder if that was one.
There was an advertisement for Hive 2 in the Slaughter Sinema line...seems a little soon for a sequel to that though.

THEY LIVE would be a great one.

I'm still hoping for another THE THING house too
imagine a they live maze like dead exposure. for example, through out the house the lights will be on showing normal civillians [sorta like the room full of michaels in halloween], the lights will go off showing there true form [blacklight paint on makeup or mask] as some will scare.that'll be awesome

I watched They Live for the first time this past month and really enjoyed it... Do you think we'd get specs to put on if they did a house?

Reactions: SeventyOne

Of course, there's the infamous "I'm back" and Ticket Booth within Carnival Graveyard. We still haven't seen anything more with those.

Although, this is technically the last day anything from HHN will be used...soooo...maybe soon?

Of course, there's the infamous "I'm back" and Ticket Booth within Carnival Graveyard. We still haven't seen anything more with those.

Although, this is technically the last day anything from HHN will be used...soooo...maybe soon?
i'll rather have another pure house then jack back. give us someone we haven't seen for a while. cough usher cough

Wishlist:

The Silence of the Lambs for 30 :)

Reactions: Joseph
I think we’ll see The Usher again since the Ticket Booth and I’m Back seemed like a pretty big hint. If they did bring him back they could basically do the same marketing as 19 except instead of SAW/Wolfman/Chucky it could be Stranger Things/Hellraiser/Happy Death Day 2U or something else

Reactions: SeventyOne