Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Worse every year, with the growth in social media "influencers" and just the popularity of the event. Plus media/corporate VIP tours hold up lines most of the night. Of course, as it's been pushed back almost a month, also leaves it directly in afternoon rain season, which brings its own headaches. Mid-event the better way to go if you can't come back.

Opening night last year was absolutely insane, even with S&S. I had only 2 days so it was pretty stressful trying to cram everything in.

I'm going 2nd weekend this time with RoF and 3 days so it's less hectic this time.

So, spend the extra few bucks and go on Saturday instead of Friday?

You know, during early spec I honestly was not too thrilled about the lineup ... I thought it was going to be a slow year before (hopefully) going big for the big 30. But now that pretty much everything is announced, I am FAR more excited than even last year, simply because I have seen every movie on this lineup. I enjoyed US, I am cool with HO1kC, and Stranger Things S3 is my favorite season, not to mention Killer Klowns is easily a dream house for me. I havent seen Ghostbusters in a long time so I cant really say I am super hyped for it but for comparison I havent even seen Poltergeist and that was my #2 house last year. Man cant wait for HHN lol

Trying to manage my own expectations and then when it’s today it’s surprising :lol:

Hollywood haven't done their usual 'Pricking of my thumbs' tweet yet. Assuming it's an announcement for a shared house (Ho1C) then probably sometime after they post that.

If it's a show or anything else, then obviously that is different.

EDIT: Hollywood did their 'Pricking of my thumbs' tweet.

Last edited:
Some Saturdays are actually more quiet than Thursdays and even Sundays (True Hell) thanks to FFP. My two cents.

I believe most Sundays easily. More 1-night tickets on Saturday, so guests tend to trickle in, many wait for free parking after 8. Sunday, lot of multi-night tickets, and all of them have an AP to take advantage of Stay & Scream. I think it has become the worst night, surprised that wasn't reflected in this year's ticket structure.

So I’m just curious because the only day I can get off work is opening night so how atrocious are the wait times probably going to be?

Pretty bad. But also unreliable--so many RIP tours that night (press, corporate bigwigs, every blogger in town). While you might normally get one in a 30-minute wait, you might get five that night. Holds the line up, throws off posted wait times.

I think someone mentioned this...but can't you wait to see how bad it is and get Express once there for a 50% discount after 10pm? Might make the most sense if you're debating on a Saturday or Sunday...

Maybe a more tenured HHN-goer knows, but can you buy the discounted pass earlier in the night with the intention of using at 10pm?

I think someone mentioned this...but can't you wait to see how bad it is and get Express once there for a 50% discount after 10pm? Might make the most sense if you're debating on a Saturday or Sunday...

Maybe a more tenured HHN-goer knows, but can you buy the discounted pass earlier in the night with the intention of using at 10pm?
You can buy the pass the night of before the event starts. I recommend that and not waiting to buy it at 10pm since they can sell out.

I used the 10 pm one on my first time visit (2017) but last year I had the regular express pass and I will probably get that again. With the 10 pm one I almost didnt make it to all the houses and it was the very last day so I was rushing it. Last year I also went on the last day but with the express I was able to actually take a food break lol