Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

With the wonderful weather coming it’s a true mystery and could be shorter?

2005 (maybe 2006?) there was a full-on named tropical storm going on over Orlando. The event opened, sans scare-zones. House waits still went north of an hour.

Even a direct hit on Tuesday (fingers crossed it goes north) won't keep the faithful and bloggers away Friday night.

2005 (maybe 2006?) there was a full-on named tropical storm going on over Orlando. The event opened, sans scare-zones. House waits still went north of an hour.

Even a direct hit on Tuesday (fingers crossed it goes north) won't keep the faithful and bloggers away Friday night.

Imho it’ll affect previews way more than opening night.

There's three people who outrank Patrick and Charles. Lara, I believe, has been with Universal the longest of the three.

This is probably a stupid question, but what is the order from closest to furthest of people next in line for Mike's job?

Also, what are some of the things (houses, shows, etc) these people have worked on?

I know that's a lot of information to ask for, so thank you to anyone who has an answer.

How do you spot GAT (Guest activated triggers)? Any images or videos would be helpful!

I’m going opening weekend for the first time, and I want to be able to find GAT because I won’t have others to tell me about them this time.

This is probably a stupid question, but what is the order from closest to furthest of people next in line for Mike's job?

Also, what are some of the things (houses, shows, etc) these people have worked on?

I know that's a lot of information to ask for, so thank you to anyone who has an answer.
Like, how so?

Mike is/was the Sr. Director of Creative Development. There's a Director of Creative Development below him (which is actually the most likely replacement), a Manager of Development and Show Direction (Lora), a Sr. Coordinator of A&D, and, really, a Sr. Show Director (Jason). Those four positions have different focuses but all basically "report" to Mike (I'm not 100% on how hierarchical it is).

Below that level is a slew of worker bees (11+seasonal). The ones you know in relation to HHN are the Show Directors; Blake, Charles, and Patrick. They're the ones who design the event (write treatments and oversee art). Blake focuses on streets. Charles focuses on houses. Patrick, from my understanding, manages the event as a whole while also contributing to both streets and houses.

The only specific house designers I know is that Charles did Seeds and Sinema.

I know a few for this year, but you'll see all that in the behind the scenes.

I don’t think the hurricane will scare crowds away for opening night. Back in 2017 for Irma we had the same situation and opening night was still a nightmare.

To be fair, HHN started September 15th. Irma was pretty much out of Florida by the 11th. This is cutting it a bit closer.

I’m from Hollywood (I’ve been going to their event for now 7 years) and this will be my first time going to HHN Orlando! Only problem is I’m going opening weekend and am severely worried about Hurricane Dorian. I’m on the fence of canceling my trip because I feel like the event won’t be ready as a result of the hurricane and because the weather could be horrible. Considering moving my trip to late September/early October. What are your guys’ thoughts?

I’m from Hollywood (I’ve been going to their event for now 7 years) and this will be my first time going to HHN Orlando! Only problem is I’m going opening weekend and am severely worried about Hurricane Dorian. I’m on the fence of canceling my trip because I feel like the event won’t be ready as a result of the hurricane and because the weather could be horrible. Considering moving my trip to late September/early October. What are your guys’ thoughts?
It’s hurricane season so one could literally pop up anytime. As for opening night there might not be a few decorations up but I think overall everything will be fine!

Lived there for 11 years. There is always a lot of commotion in the news (i'm sure it sells well). If it hit's Orlando it won't be full force and the parks know exactly what to do to keep everyone safe and entertained. But more often than not the storm changes course and at worst you will have a some rain.
I'm sure there are people avoiding California because of earthquakes, trust me, Orlando is much safer.

Should everything be good by September 13?
Odds are that it will be a much, much worse experience and I'd REALLY reconsider going this week. The first week will have direct trouble from the storms. But the second week will be impacted by all the crowds that pushed things back a week. Crowds should be absolutely awful. And that's IF the town has power at all. And that's assuming all the damage has been fixed by then. Anybody planning on going September 12th - 15th should probably just reschedule for another week since its going to be terrible. :look:

I don’t think the hurricane will scare crowds away for opening night. Back in 2017 for Irma we had the same situation and opening night was still a nightmare.

To be fair, HHN started September 15th. Irma was pretty much out of Florida by the 11th. This is cutting it a bit closer.

There might be some people that dont realize the event is starting a week earlier, not everyone checks al the updates or even check the info out. Some people might think it is starting like it always does.

I think theres a chance that opening week might end up with easy crowds just because people are dealing with the hurricane and lack of electricity and some people are still used to hhn starting later.

Odds are that it will be a much, much worse experience and I'd REALLY reconsider going this week. The first week will have direct trouble from the storms. But the second week will be impacted by all the crowds that pushed things back a week. Crowds should be absolutely awful. And that's IF the town has power at all. And that's assuming all the damage has been fixed by then. Anybody planning on going September 12th - 15th should probably just reschedule for another week since its going to be terrible. :look:

There will be people trying to take your guidance seriously you know.

Y'all think TM preview might get canned due to the hurricane? Sorry if this belongs in the other thread, just wanna know.

Last edited: