Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I actually liked the scarezones for 26 better that most of 27 as well. Festival of the Deadliest just felt like it had no real theme. Invasion! felt like missed potential. The Purge was literally the same scarezone from 24 (still fun though). And Altars of Horror...Trick 'r Treat was great though.

Honestly I think 26 easily had the best IP lineup of the decade. 28’s was pretty good too
Exactly, my thoughts. Normally I prefer having originals, but 26 had an amazing IP line up. TCM is my favorite horror movie, so it was wonderful that the maze captured atmosphere so well...and of course the wonderful outside of the maze scare.

Exactly, my thoughts. Normally I prefer having originals, but 26 had an amazing IP line up. TCM is my favorite horror movie, so it was wonderful that the maze captured atmosphere so well...and of course the wonderful outside of the maze scare.

Totally agreed. That year was weird since the only original I genuinely think was consistently good was Tomb. Ghost Town was unintentionally funny but really pretty.

Reactions: Darko
I disagree. If we're talking strictly IP houses, I'd go 28, 27, 23, 24 and then 26 - in that order.

One thing I think most of us can agree on though, 22 has easily been the worst IP year of the decade.

You’re telling me that an Alice Cooper house WASN’T an awesome IP? :bolt:

(sarcasm, if you can’t tell)

I think it’s funny that both my (college) football team and HHN reached their nadirs in the same year.

Last edited:
I disagree. If we're talking strictly IP houses, I'd go 28, 27, 23, 24 and then 26 - in that order.

One thing I think most of us can agree on though, 22 has easily been the worst IP year of the decade.

I meant more so on paper lineup. 28 easily has had the best execution. And yeah 22 was a disappointment, how could you get an amazing property like Silent Hill and then completely butcher it

I mean 26 had freaking Hell Comes to Haddonfield. That maze alone made it one of my favorites.
That was my first year. They did the first Halloween two years prior and when I saw they were doing it again I had to be there. Throw in the Exorcist, Walking Dead, Texas Chainsaw, Exorcist..... It was amazing.

That was my first year. They did the first Halloween two years prior and when I saw they were doing it again I had to be there. Throw in the Exorcist, Walking Dead, Texas Chainsaw, Exorcist..... It was amazing.

Most people disliked TCM, but I found it very, very scary. Ghost Town was my second fave. Tomb was very good as well.

H2 was okay, Krampus was meh, and Exorcist was disappointing aside from the vomit hallway. Didn’t bother with AHS, WD or LP.

Reactions: RevFreako and Darko

For my take on 26:

Loved Tomb, AHS, and hot take, Exorcist.
Krampus and H2 were alright.
TCM, TWD, and Ghost Town were all kinda boring.
Lunatics Playground is a bottom 5 from what I've attended.

I liked 27 way better with overall quality (despite the dumbness of the overall "soul collectors") just going off of the odd even thing.

Soundstage 22 permit (held ST last year)

MiB tent (held Blumhouse last year)

That puts our total to 6 permits and 5 house permits. The first MiB Permit was for the tent install.

The MiB tent is worded differently. This is most likely due to the nonpermanent nature of that tent. An interior build-out is the interior alterations done to a building shell.

Going back to my wiggle room:

We are watching for 4 or 5 more permits. As I said the descriptions give room to hide things. 1 permit has been previously pulled for two houses located inside the same building. We may only see one permit for the SS, most likely 24, that holds two houses.

I think the big reason I prefered 26 over 27 was atmosphere. 26 had an amazing atmosphere to me that felt cohesive. 27 for me just felt lacking in direction.

Last edited:
For my take on 26:

Loved Tomb, AHS, and hot take, Exorcist.
Krampus and H2 were alright.
TCM, TWD, and Ghost Town were all kinda boring.
Lunatics Playground is a bottom 5 from what I've attended.

I liked 27 way better with overall quality (despite the dumbness of the overall "soul collectors") just going off of the odd even thing.
Well seeing as how it was my first experience I didn't have a whole lot of expectations. I had seen some pictures and videos and my brother had been before, but other than that I was going in completely new to the experience.

In my honest opinion, I really enjoyed most of them except for Chances Lunatic Playground. Even TWD since I had never seen it before. I found TCM and Exorcist to be good, but again, maybe it was just because it blew my mind how detailed and cool it was to just be there. I did like the H2 house but after watching videos of Hollywood's version I think it was lacking a bit.

Reactions: ChaseTuff
Eh, I thought our version of H2 was better, especially the finale. It's all down to personal opinion and in my opinion 26 was an excellent year. To each his own though.

Reactions: mrmagoo22
Eh, I thought our version of H2 was better, especially the finale. It's all down to personal opinion and in my opinion 26 was an excellent year. To each his own though.
Agreed. I've been the past 3 years and that was my favorite so far followed by last year.