Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 119 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When I walked through KKOS it seemed like people were VERY invested in it... more so than the other zones I feel. A lot of people seemed to not know what it was but were still enamored with the "giant scary clowns"

To be fair, it wasn't so much a scarezone and more of a jam session most of the time. Nothing wrong with that, of course! It looks like people really got into it.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Darko
25 was my favorite year for scarezones. My husbands favorite scarezone is still Scary Tales: Screampunk where I am partial to PsychoScareapy: Unleashed.

Last year was interesting for scarezones. The Harvest and Twisted Tradition were leaning on creepy, Vamp 85 and KK leaned on fun and colorful, and Chucky was a bit of both. Makes me so curious about this year's zones.

Reactions: SpoopySkeletons
I would've placed KK on Fifth Avenue. And made Vamp '85 the chainsaw zone in Springfield.

The whole idea of Vamp 85 is that it’s supposed to be a New Years Balldrop in Times Square overrun with Vampires, while KK is set in California iirc. While the way they did it may have worked better in theory than in practice, I definitely see where they were getting at when designed it like they did.

Reactions: Darko
The whole idea of Vamp 85 is that it’s supposed to be a New Years Balldrop in Times Square overrun with Vampires, while KK is set in California iirc. While the way they did it may have worked better in theory than in practice, I definitely see where they were getting at when designed it like they did.

I just wish the vampires were, you know, attacking people instead of dancing and posing for selfies. The body impaled on the mic was cool though.

KK would be a great way to try new things with a 3-D house. Movie level detailed sets with some regular lighting mixed with black light effects. The funhouse portion would really benefit from the blacklights ability to make black walls / curtains disappear and become open dark spaces. I’m sure it wouldn’t be the scariest house but it would be a lot of fun and be a good excuse to do a “clown” house without being a cliche.

KK would be a great way to try new things with a 3-D house. Movie level detailed sets with some regular lighting mixed with black light effects. The funhouse portion would really benefit from the blacklights ability to make black walls / curtains disappear and become open dark spaces. I’m sure it wouldn’t be the scariest house but it would be a lot of fun and be a good excuse to do a “clown” house without being a cliche.

I like this idea. It could be a more entertaining and bright house. Blacklight would probably make for easier ways to use the costumes (seeing as they're pretty big and bulky).

That could be very fun to be honest

Personally I would like to see In Between 2, just a 3D trippy AF house

Through its history, HHN has very rarely announced things on a Tuesday.

I know people are excited, but the constant asking every couple of days is really grating. Stuff will get announced when it gets announced.

So is there an announceme… :rimshot:

It's a vicious cycle. As soon as one house is released, everyone's going to be asking about the next announcement, and once they're all announced, people are going to start predicting next year's. Oh, the cycle.

So is there an announceme… :rimshot:

It's a vicious cycle. As soon as one house is released, everyone's going to be asking about the next announcement, and once they're all announced, people are going to start predicting next year's. Oh, the cycle.

I think people are just eager for some legit rumors that aren’t Stranger Things (and Blumhouse, I suppose). No one has any idea about anything else.

Reactions: Darko