Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 120 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Isn't it fun? We have no idea!

I’d like to think we have at least one “out there” property like Suspiria. I’m just waiting for Legacy to swat all the cool properties down and for it to be revealed that we’re getting HDD2U and Hollywood’s HoB ‘18, along with similar properties.

I’m not asking my sources for information. They’ve all been pretty adamant since last summer they don’t want to spill because Universal is searching for leakers. I’m not going to put that pressure on them. I’ll get what they volunteer, but I’m focused on other things (work, my novel, haunt design for a different park, etc).

I may get a heads up on an announcement a couple days in advance, but by that point most of the rumor mongers will have that info too.

This is how the game used to be. Enjoy it.

We have no idea!

And for it to be revealed that we’re getting HDD2U and Hollywood’s HoB ‘18, along with similar properties.
I would say it's really really quiet in Hollywood as well. I think this will be a extremely slow year for HHN Rumors or leaks with the number of those rumors or leaks being released as slim to none.

It's a pretty nice change of pace. People don't know what's happening and we have to speculate. That's really cool to me.

Speculation is the name of the game, let's stop asking for announcement dates and speculate, and lets not also knock those down on wild speculations that is what makes it fun.

spongebob-speculation.jpg

Reactions: Mad Dog and Darko
Honestly last year was kind of an information dump, so the fact we know basically nothing but Stranger Things, this year is exciting. Things will actually be a surprise...maybe.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBPH
I have to say it's nice being in the dark when to comes to what's coming. It'll make pretty much all of the announcements a surprise.

Now as for those who may end up with info, all I ask is avoid what happened in the Hollywood thread a couple years ago. Spec was going strong, and then someone got word of all the houses...and they posted it all at once. The spec thread died right on the spot as everything was revealed, so there was no point in speculating anything. (Thankfully I don't recall that happening here on the Orlando threads, but it's a warning worth repeating.)

That could be very fun to be honest

Personally I would like to see In Between 2, just a 3D trippy AF house

I would love that as well. I’ve heard so much about that house and while Alice was fun, I didn’t find it to be scary or very trippy.

I like this idea. It could be a more entertaining and bright house. Blacklight would probably make for easier ways to use the costumes (seeing as they're pretty big and bulky).
Yeah similar to the finale of Poltergeist last year they could kind of disappear until the black light comes on.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I have to agree. As much as I want to know, it’s better not knowing in advance what’s coming. Just a heads up of announcements is fine by me.

As for speculation, saw an interesting film the other night called Terrifier and intrigued whether they’d take it on.

Yes, it’s a clown, but a very different take compared to Jack. Art the clown is incredibly creepy looking, and more of a mime. Some pretty brutal scenes, and the character himself would make for some fun/creepy interactions in a house. I’d imagine there would be scope to do more with the character than what’s in the film too.

I have to agree. As much as I want to know, it’s better not knowing in advance what’s coming. Just a heads up of announcements is fine by me.

As for speculation, saw an interesting film the other night called Terrifier and intrigued whether they’d take it on.

Yes, it’s a clown, but a very different take compared to Jack. Art the clown is incredibly creepy looking, and more of a mime. Some pretty brutal scenes, and the character himself would make for some fun/creepy interactions in a house. I’d imagine there would be scope to do more with the character than what’s in the film too.

Really enjoyed Terrifier and I think it could make for a good house. Might be a bit generic though?

If you like Art he actually appears in an earlier film by the same director called 'All Hallows' Eve' It's worth a watch.

Really enjoyed Terrifier and I think it could make for a good house. Might be a bit generic though?

If you like Art he actually appears in an earlier film by the same director called 'All Hallows' Eve' It's worth a watch.

Yeah I get that, but if given some freedom I’d imagine they could get very creative with Art the clown. I just don’t know if it’s as well known a property to do. Maybe as part of a mashup house?

And cool will definitely check it out! Always looking for new horror film suggestions

Reactions: Spaulding
Yeah I get that, but if given some freedom I’d imagine they could get very creative with Art the clown. I just don’t know if it’s as well known a property to do. Maybe as part of a mashup house?

And cool will definitely check it out! Always looking for new horror film suggestions

I actually think he could make for a better SZ. With the whole 'mime' thing that would be easier than in a house.

I’m not asking my sources for information. They’ve all been pretty adamant since last summer they don’t want to spill because Universal is searching for leakers. I’m not going to put that pressure on them. I’ll get what they volunteer, but I’m focused on other things (work, my novel, haunt design for a different park, etc).
And sometimes, when they volunteer, I’m not allowed to share.

Yeah I never understood people getting antsy when information doesn’t come out. You aren’t entitled to information that isn’t made available to the public. Sometimes people just share that information when they can out of the kindness of their hearts.

I love whatever information I get about the parks but also I would go to HHN even if they didn’t announce houses at all

Yeah I never understood people getting antsy when information doesn’t come out. You aren’t entitled to information that isn’t made available to the public. Sometimes people just share that information when they can out of the kindness of their hearts.

I love whatever information I get about the parks but also I would go to HHN even if they didn’t announce houses at all
Last year I purposely avoided the HHN threads and was super in the dark...It was a nice change not knowing anything