Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 129 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The character is Scruffy.

The show is Futurama.

The hint is "Voice."

This is an original. Something we've seen before, but not a sequel. I guess a "spin-off" isn't a terrible way to describe it (if they connect it to recent years. If they go a different route, the it would be the next story in an anthology).

This clue is a bit harder. There's a couple of layers to get through.

The character is Scruffy.

The show is Futurama.

The hint is "Voice."
Is there only 1 house previously we are looking to connect this to or multiple?

This is an original. Something we've seen before, but not a sequel. I guess a "spin-off" isn't a terrible way to describe it (if they connect it to recent years. If they go a different route, the it would be the next story in an anthology).

This clue is a bit harder. There's a couple of layers to get through.

Is this 1 house we are looking to connect this to or multiple?

Well David Herman voices Scruffy, and also several characters in Bob’s Burgers.

Maybe a cannibal inspired dinner - where the first room or two look normal until you go in the back and see the process to make the meat / jerky?

Reactions: RevFreako
1 house.

Code name Jerky.

Soundstage, but that's not where we would have seen this creature before.

Hmmm....the Wendigo maybe?

Jerky kinda ties into the Roanoke stuff, and that was in the Parade Warehouse.

I don't know how "Voice" and the Futurama clue tie in though so that's probably a no.

Reactions: johnathanm
So, I dug through David Herman's roles on Futurama, and the two that stood out to me were Bigfoot and Slurms MacKenzie, which brings me to two new ideas:
  1. Swamp Yeti - Bigfoot is obvious connection, Jerky could refer to the Jack Link commercials, and it could either be a spin-off of Slaughter Sinema, or a new entry in the Urban Legends series. It was discussed a few pages back, but I don't know if that talk scuttled just Slaughter Sinema 2 or Bigfoot in general.
  2. Saws n' Steam - Slurms MacKenzie represents a factory hiding a dark secret, Jerky is what you get when you suck all the water out of the meat. Maybe not a true sequel to Saws 'n Steam since it wouldn't focus on water, but it could be a soylent green-type house where the leftovers husks are processed into food. My question would be how the anthology vs. spin-off distinction works.
EDIT: Also, none of these were soundstage houses.

So, I dug through David Herman's roles on Futurama, and the two that stood out to me were Bigfoot and Slurms MacKenzie, which brings me to two new ideas:
  1. Swamp Yeti - Bigfoot is obvious connection, Jerky could refer to the Jack Link commercials, and it could either be a spin-off of Slaughter Sinema, or a new entry in the Urban Legends series. It was discussed a few pages back, but I don't know if that talk scuttled just Slaughter Sinema 2 or Bigfoot in general.
EDIT: Also, none of these were soundstage houses.
Speculation, everyone.

Swamp Yeti was definitely the scariest moment of the entire event for me last year so that's awesome to hear. I wouldn't mind shifting it into a Bigfoot house though, I bet the Pacific Northwest scenery would be beautiful.

Also, we now have another house codename/location/theme for the speculation pile. I think this is the current list so far, but I could be wrong:
  • Hysteria - Soundstage - Speculated to be Stranger Things
  • Jerky - Soundstage - Speculated to be Sasquatch
  • Onyx - Soundstage - Implied to be the best fit for an Alien house (if it happens)
  • Pressure - Parade - Implied to be usable for an Alien house (if it happens)
  • Cotton - Shrek - Would need to move if Shrek closes, may be Killer Klowns (if it happens)
  • Pit - Tent - Implied to be too small for Hill House (if it happens)
So we're still looking for the locations of Chicken, Drill, Dog, and Salt, and all but two of the houses' themes are still in question.