Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 138 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Saw Us, and it was great... I feel like I started to appreciate it more after the credits were rolling and would love to see it as a house. I do agree it would def be a challenge for creative though. I would LOVE if they could somehow do something with either mirrors or some sort of projection that would capture the guests likeness and distort it or use it in a way to scare you. I'm sure the technology exists but, would probably be too much work for a seasonal haunt.

Saw Us, and it was great... I feel like I started to appreciate it more after the credits were rolling and would love to see it as a house. I do agree it would def be a challenge for creative though. I would LOVE if they could somehow do something with either mirrors or some sort of projection that would capture the guests likeness and distort it or use it in a way to scare you. I'm sure the technology exists but, would probably be too much work for a seasonal haunt.
Now there is an idea

This. Exactly this. I have a lot more thoughts on it all but it’d be nice if they could find a way to implement smart mirrors tech, or some form of Haunted Mansion pepper’s ghost to make it happen. But I do realize it’s all apples and oranges.

Reactions: jrn14
This. Exactly this. I have a lot more thoughts on it all but it’d be nice if they could find a way to implement smart mirrors tech, or some form of Haunted Mansion pepper’s ghost to make it happen. But I do realize it’s all apples and oranges.

I haven't seen a price on this, so I'm assuming it's just not on the market and/or would be unbelievably expensive, but if it did come on the market and subsequently lowered in price, it would be an awesome effect.

They can still use the two-way mirror pepper's ghost effect in the meantime.

Having now seen the movie, loved it but....I'm still not gonna mark it as a "THIS MUST COME TO HHN THIS YEAR". It'd be a fun maze...but it's not enough where I'm gonna say it NEEDS to come. The uniqueness of the film comes from the undertones and the "may or may not be" subtleties and hidden things that just won't come through in a maze to me.

See I think with Us you don’t really need to convey the doppelgänger aspect as much as just juxtapose scenes from the front of the house with some at the back half. I mean how much “story” are casual people picking up on in a house? Hit some obvious visual aesthetics and such from the film and then go balls to the wall at the end like Poltergeist/Exorcist mazes did.

Plus people walking around all weird with scissors would be incredibly unnerving and would work well as a distraction.

They should do a house based on Scarezone - a movie that was filmed entirely inside of Body Collectors, TM parking lot and I-Drive! :lol:

I joke saying that, but if any of you guys can find a way to watch it, you guys would probably get a kick out of it. It's one of those "it's so bad it's good" type of movies. Sort of like Sharknado before it was a thing and then they ran it into the ground. The movie was shot with Universal's permission.

Scarezone - a movie that was filmed entirely inside of Body Collectors, TM parking lot and I-Drive! :lol:

I joke saying that, but if any of you guys can find a way to watch it, you guys would probably get a kick out of it.

I would agree, if anyone hasn’t seen Scare Zone they may want to check it out...it’s worth it just for the nostalgia of seeing the Body Collectors sets :)

I really don't get why people want Silence of the Lambs.

Nothing happens.

It's an R-rated, well-known classic horror property that's not owned by Fox or WB (at least, I think not).

But I was mostly joking about the order of ANDI2.

Last edited:
So I was thinking, what if Chicken is House of 1000 Corpses? It would fit perfectly in a Tent(specifically Tent 2) and the Murder Museum also doubled as a restaurant that Captain Spaulding said was famous for its fried chicken

Edit - While were at it I’m going to guess which of the houses are IPs and which are originals based off what we know and generally what the formula based off locations are:

Cotton - IP(KKFOS) - Shrek
Chicken - IP - Sprung Tent 2
Dog - IP - SS25
Hysteria - IP(ST2) - SS22
Pressure - IP or Original - Tent 3
Jerky - Original - SS24
Onyx - IP or Original - B108
Drill - Original - SS24
Salt - Original(my bet is Forsaken 2 or Dead Man’s Wharf because of salt water) - Parade Building
Pit - Original - Sprung Tent 1

Last edited: