Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They’re probably considering it.

I mean, they have the costumes.

I would love to see an HP version of Max Carnage (that'd be the ONLY use of HP I'd be okay with at the event) but no way JK would allow that.

It's interesting how Marvel at the event didn't bring in kids in 2002--but then again, even though X-Men and Spider-Man had already been box office hits, superheroes were nowhere near as mainstream as they are now.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I would love to see an HP version of Max Carnage (that'd be the ONLY use of HP I'd be okay with at the event) but no way JK would allow that.

It's interesting how Marvel at the event didn't bring in kids in 2002--but then again, even though X-Men and Spider-Man had already been box office hits, superheroes were nowhere near as mainstream as they are now.

To be fair, if they had come during that year, they'd have seen said box office hit characters being murdered and dismembered so maybe that was for the best. :tease:

To be fair, if they had come during that year, they'd have seen said box office hit characters being murdered and dismembered so maybe that was for the best. :tease:

But that's my point. If we could experience a "Voldemort winning" scenario like with MC, would that make it not family friendly?

Reactions: tankart150
But that's my point. If we could experience a "Voldemort winning" scenario like with MC, would that make it not family friendly?

You also have to remember that said Marvel experience was (at least I'm pretty sure) done without Marvel knowing that Uni was using their characters that way and thus barred them from them doing a "Marvel-themed overlay" of the island for the rest of their time there.

You also have to remember that said Marvel experience was (at least I'm pretty sure) done without Marvel knowing that Uni was using their characters that way and thus barred them from them doing a "Marvel-themed overlay" of the island for the rest of their time there.

Yep. And if they can't go the "Voldemort winning" approach, they shouldn't incorporate Potter at all. But if they can (they won't), gopher it.

Last edited:
It was more that Marvel didn’t know the house would include Captain America and Wolverine being straight-up murdered and strung up over the guests.

I’ve said this a million times and I guess I have to say it a million more times.

Potter equals kids. If this is a special show they need to budget into HHN because so far UOR has not found a non HHN Halloween event worthwhile. They don’t want to attract more kids to HHN. It’s why Diagon wasn’t open the first year for HHN. “But but but Stranger Things!” isn’t equal because ST is a known suspense and horror property. I’ve talked to people in sales and that’s THE REASON.

How we can have people with one breath say they don’t want to kiddie down HHN then the other breath say they want Potter for HHN is beyond me.

The old man in me hopes this continues to be the case - not wanting to attract more kids. I actually really enjoy the Potter theming at both parks. However, the prospect of it at HHN is truly frightening.

I believe what you have heard from sales and their reasoning. But there’s a part of me that thinks the tweens packing Strangers Things and AoV might make executives think about changing the direction of the event .... in the name of printing money.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
The old man in me hopes this continues to be the case - not wanting to attract more kids. I actually really enjoy the Potter theming at both parks. However, the prospect of it at HHN is truly frightening.

I believe what you have heard from sales and their reasoning. But there’s a part of me that thinks the tweens packing Strangers Things and AoV might make executives think about changing the direction of the event .... in the name of printing money.

2 attractions... out of 11... would change the entirety of the event around...? The two things are there because of what the event is already...

If we got Haunting of Hill House and Hellraiser in the same year this would definitely not be a family friendly event. Hell, even Stranger Things 2 featured a bit of gore and blood when the Demodogs attacked Hawkins Lab(RIP Bob)

Evolution is inevitable

Diagon was busy this year during HHN... even without any overlays.

Butterbeer lines for BOTH locations easily being 15 minutes.
At one point Gringotts was a 60-minute wait when it usually is (at most) 20 minutes during HHN.
And yes, people were using their wands.

You don't need to introduce any Potter-Horror related items for "marketing". Uni is already cashing in without needing to.

Diagon was busy this year during HHN... even without any overlays.

Butterbeer lines for BOTH locations easily being 15 minutes.
At one point Gringotts was a 60-minute wait when it usually is (at most) 20 minutes during HHN.
And yes, people were using their wands.

You don't need to introduce any Potter-Horror related items for "marketing". Uni is already cashing in without needing to.

I waited longer than an hour for Gringotts at HHN this year. It was a madhouse.

A quick question..didn't Ollivanders & Leaky Cauldron closed during HHN28? Perhaps..they could open those two up next year?

In 25 they had those open PLUS the shows. The shows faded out. I think they stopped Olivanders for 26. Leaky closes early IIRC. It’s clear now there’s demand for Leaky, Olivanders, and the shows again till 11pm.

Last edited by a moderator: