Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 185 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Further thoughts on the Freaks vs Hellraiser debate.

I did some quick searching and found clips from both South Park and The Simpsons that reference Freaks, in particular the 'One of us' quote.

I thought it interesting that Legacy would use Clerks over either of these other cartoons because one of the characters in the clip is named Dante, which further connects to Hell(raiser).

Or maybe Legacy just likes Clerks more than The Simpsons, but I thought it worth mentioning.
Legacy is a smart guy.

So the current speculated lineup would look like:

-Stranger Things 2 + 3
-Ghostbusters
-Hellraiser/Freaks
-Pumpkinhead
-House of 1000 Corpses
-Leave it to the Cleaver 2
-Attack of the Swamp Yeti
-Original House #8
-Original House #9
-Original House #10
Good thing I'm working on a new clue...

BTW - There are reasons to believe Leave It 2 Cleaver is happening (10 years, use of the video last year, a couple of the code names), but I have yet to hear anything that makes me think it's actually happening.

Further thoughts on the Freaks vs Hellraiser debate.

I did some quick searching and found clips from both South Park and The Simpsons that reference Freaks, in particular the 'One of us' quote.

I thought it interesting that Legacy would use Clerks over either of these other cartoons because one of the characters in the clip is named Dante, which further connects to Hell(raiser).

Or maybe Legacy just likes Clerks more than The Simpsons, but I thought it worth mentioning.
I have to agree on Hellraiser with this. For most of @Legacy clues has to do with something in the gif/meme he uses. Legacy said nothing about Freaks until we brought up Freaks.

Good thing I'm working on a new clue...

BTW - There are reasons to believe Leave It 2 Cleaver is happening (10 years, use of the video last year, a couple of the code names), but I have yet to hear anything that makes me think it's actually happening.

Should we expect an announcement this week?

They could theoretically do an announcement every two weeks, with one being the scarezones and AoV, and not be done until three weeks before the event opens.

Should we expect an announcement this week?

They could theoretically do an announcement every two weeks, with one being the scarezones and AoV, and not be done until three weeks before the event opens.

Legacy did state just earlier in the thread that he expected (key word being expected) a pre-14th announcement (likely just for Orlando.). I believe it was in response to earlier schedule based questioning.

Reactions: Kadath and Darko
On your first point, the '80s horror street cred slot' was filled by two different houses last year, Poltergeist as well as H4.

Obviously we're debating how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but I feel Poltergeist was enough of a mainstream hit--and had enough effort put into it--to fill one of the two "pimp" spots (the one Ghostbusters might fill this year). Ditto Exorcist. There's obviously no right answer tho because these aren't hard and fast rules so much as seeming unofficial guidelines.

I am not joking when I say the idea of Ghostbusters at HHN has me excited if it's true.

Also if Hellraiser is coming (and I hope it is), do y'all think it will be just the first movie or the first two? Personally I loved Hellbound so I wouldn't mind. Excellent visuals in the sequel that I think would be awesome in a maze.

I am not joking when I say the idea of Ghostbusters at HHN has me excited if it's true.

Also if Hellraiser is coming (and I hope it is), do y'all think it will be just the first movie or the first two? Personally I loved Hellbound so I wouldn't mind. Excellent visuals in the sequel that I think would be awesome in a maze.

Franchise goes hard downhill after 2, might as well get two good houses out of it.

So if the rumored line up of IP's is true (ST 2/3, Ghostbusters, HoTC, Pumpkinhead and Hellraiser), I have to say I'm more excited for this line up IP-wise then last year.

Last year, the only two IP's I was really excited for were Poltergeist and Trick 'r Treat. ST was a case of me liking the IP, but I wasn't sure at the time if it was gonna' be a good house. I wasn't fond of H4, so that had that going against the house, and HoB vol.2 only had me half intrigued due to HDD since I couldn't care for the 278th incarnation of the Purge.

Meanwhile for this year, I personally like all the IP's and I can see them being solid houses in their own ways. (Thanks to the end result of ST last year, I'm excited to see how this year's variant turns out.) Yes, there's a couple curveballs in there, but there's nothing wrong with that. It's good to switch things up now and then, especially if there's some new designers on board which I think was reported a while back.

So as far as the houses/locations and codenames go it seems so far:

Stranger Things 2/3 = Hysteria - SS22
Hellraiser = Drill - SS24
Pumpkinhead = Pressure - Tent 3
Ghostbusters = Dog - SS25
House of 1000 Corpses = Chicken - Sprung Tent 2
Attack of the Swamp Yeti = Jerky - SS24
Original #2 = Pit - Sprung Tent 1
Original #3 = Onyx - Parade Building
Original #4(maybe Li2C) = Salt - Parade Building
Original #5 = Cotton - Shrek Theater

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Allison
I’m happy for all of you that are excited over these IP’s cause I sure wish I could share that sentiment.

I tried watching Pumpkinhead today but it took me out-between the little boy from Jerry Maguire and the demon looking like a tall, bald cousin of the alien on the plane in The Twilight Zone movie...oof. I guess I’ll attempt House Of 1,000 Corpses again next.

pKRhluo.gif

So as far as the houses/locations and codenames go it seems so far:

Stranger Things 2/3 = Hysteria - SS22
Hellraiser = Drill - SS24
Pumpkinhead = Pressure - Tent 3
Ghostbusters = Dog - SS25
House of 1000 Corpses = Chicken - Sprung Tent 2
Attack of the Swamp Yeti = Jerky - SS24
Original #2 = Pit - Sprung Tent 1
Original #3 = Onyx - Parade Building
Original #4(maybe Li2C) = Salt - Parade Building
Original #5 = Cotton - Shrek Theater

If these locations line up, GOD I hope that Pumpkinhead breaks the curse of that house location.

Reactions: Kadath and Darko
If these locations line up, GOD I hope that Pumpkinhead breaks the curse of that house location.

Can the MIB tent really be considered cursed? I see it as being no different then the Sprung tents which took a lil while for A&D to find their groove with the location/restrictions. Not to mention the 1st HoB ended up being a dark horse favorite due to the cast. Heck, if it wasn't for TFP being weak I would've honestly put HoB vol. 2 above H4 since HDD was fun and I can remember the sets a lot more then H4. Now for Shrek, that you can make a argument for being "cursed" as it's been around a little longer...yet the only really memorable house it's had so far is Krampus.

Reactions: Darko
This new lineup people are suggesting sounds about right.

I myself suggested stranger things 2+3 earlier in this thread because stranger things 2 while good just isn't considered quite as good as season 1... so having a bit of 3 in it will surely bolster interest even from the most skeptical. (plus its been confirmed)

Hellraiser and Pumpkinhead sound right for your cult classics... especially pumpkin head given the last 2 years have had a light pumpkin/rotten pumpkin theme on a lot of the merch.

Ghostbusters desperately needs the positive attention after the lack luster reboot and announcement of ghostbusters 3.

My hope is that somehow the rest is wrong and KKFOS is somehow in the lineup, because if it isn't I suspect the IP will fall by the wayside year after year as something that "almost comes back" as a house/enlarged scarezone but never actually shows up again. It's kind of expected from most fan's of that particular ip.

Can the MIB tent really be considered cursed? I see it as being no different then the Sprung tents which took a lil while for A&D to find their groove with the location/restrictions. Not to mention the 1st HoB ended up being a dark horse favorite due to the cast. Heck, if it wasn't for TFP being weak I would've honestly put HoB vol. 2 above H4 since HDD was fun and I can remember the sets a lot more then H4. Now for Shrek, that you can make a argument for being "cursed" as it's been around a little longer...yet the only really memorable house it's had so far is Krampus.

Idk I think the MIB Tent is more like the new Jaws Queue than Shrek. Lunatics and Vol 2. were WOAT contenders while the Shrek house’s have been mostly consistently decent