Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 186 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can the MIB tent really be considered cursed? I see it as being no different then the Sprung tents which took a lil while for A&D to find their groove with the location/restrictions. Not to mention the 1st HoB ended up being a dark horse favorite due to the cast. Heck, if it wasn't for TFP being weak I would've honestly put HoB vol. 2 above H4 since HDD was fun and I can remember the sets a lot more then H4. Now for Shrek, that you can make a argument for being "cursed" as it's been around a little longer...yet the only really memorable house it's had so far is Krampus.
Hey...I loved Asylum in Wonderland 3D.

Can the MIB tent really be considered cursed? I see it as being no different then the Sprung tents which took a lil while for A&D to find their groove with the location/restrictions. Not to mention the 1st HoB ended up being a dark horse favorite due to the cast. Heck, if it wasn't for TFP being weak I would've honestly put HoB vol. 2 above H4 since HDD was fun and I can remember the sets a lot more then H4. Now for Shrek, that you can make a argument for being "cursed" as it's been around a little longer...yet the only really memorable house it's had so far is Krampus.

I dunno... lining them up together, I'd definitely pick the Shrek houses over the MIB Tent houses.

But again, it's just a location - frankly, it's the house treatments that matter.

The Shrek location has only been around for one year more than MIB.

Reactions: Darko
I don’t mean cursed with poor houses. Those three locations have the highest amount of unexplainable occurrences going on behind the scenes.

Do tell? I know they tried to do AWiL a couple times, but that hardly counts as "unexplainable occurrences."

Just watched HoTC, good opportunity for a scene like the "embedded" hallway in Scarecrow, and several other "claustrophobic" scenes. I could easily get on board with it being a house.

Last edited:
I’m happy for all of you that are excited over these IP’s cause I sure wish I could share that sentiment.

I tried watching Pumpkinhead today but it took me out-between the little boy from Jerry Maguire and the demon looking like a tall, bald cousin of the alien on the plane in The Twilight Zone movie...oof. I guess I’ll attempt House Of 1,000 Corpses again next.

pKRhluo.gif

I had never seen Pumpkinhead before watching it on Saturday. I thought it was pretty boring and wouldn't care to see it again. That said, I still think it could make for a pretty good house due to the unique creature design and some pretty creepy locations (the witches cabin)

For me it falls into the same category as Ghostbusters, a mediocre film that has potential for a great house due to the potential for scares.

Reactions: Allison
I watched clips of Hollywood’s HoTC maze from 2011 and DAMN. Orlando’s take on it could be really intense because the Hollywood version looked scary as hell

I had never seen Pumpkinhead before watching it on Saturday. I thought it was pretty boring and wouldn't care to see it again. That said, I still think it could make for a pretty good house due to the unique creature design and some pretty creepy locations (the witches cabin)

For me it falls into the same category as Ghostbusters, a mediocre film that has potential for a great house due to the potential for scares.

Yep, I think all of the IP’s look to be a mostly easy translation into a serviceable house.

My issue for this year, if these are all correct, is just personal. I don’t go in the IP houses that I dislike or simply have no interest in. If I stick to that-I’m down to 1 IP.

I don’t mean cursed with poor houses. Those three locations have the highest amount of unexplainable occurrences going on behind the scenes.
Oh yeah, SS22 I've heard some crazy stories about it being haunted and all the weirdness that seems to revolve around that particular area.

Hi I’m new to this forum but I was wondering if we think this year will be like last year and have 2 original houses returning and 3 new?

Hi I’m new to this forum but I was wondering if we think this year will be like last year and have 2 original houses returning and 3 new?

Impossible to know for sure at this point.

The only two really speculated originals right now are Attack Of The Swamp Yeti (which should it be marketed that way would be a Slaughter Sinema spin-off but that’s not for sure.) and Leave It To Cleaver 2 which would fill DE’s role of a 10 year anniversary followup, but there’s less clarity around the latter.

And really there’s no 100% on either since the spec game has not been as unveiling as past years immediately, for better or worse.