Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 210 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So here’s the lineup of the 6 IPs I want for 29:

Stranger Things, It OR Conjuring, Suspiria, House of 1000 Corpses, Hellraiser, Us.

What I think we’ll actually get:

Stranger Things, House of 1000 Corpses, KKFOS, Us, and Hellraiser or Ghostbusters.

This way it fills up all of the slots that are unofficially occurring every year:

Headliner Ticket Driver: Stranger Things(previously ST, TWD, AHS)

Classic:Hellraiser/Ghostbusters(previousl-y Shining, Poltergeist, Exorcist)

Modern Horror IP: Us(previously Halloween 4 in place of 2018, Saw)

Cult Classic: KKFOS(previously TrT, Krampus, Ash vs Evil Dead)

Synergy: House of 1000 Corpses for 3 From Hell(previously Blumhouse 1+2)

Wildcard: If we do have 6 IPs then I guess Ghostbusters in here? Not really sure what the 6th IP slot would encompass
I still doubt US is happing. Just because @Legacy said it wasn’t then said he had no idea about this year doesn’t mean Peele is not still busy and besides his point still stands it wouldn’t work as a house.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
What do you guys think about HHN doing a full repeat year. Take fan favorites from every year and do an exact or close copy of the original house or SZ. Bring back Fear as an icon with the story from HHNXX and the other icons as well. I think this could be a cool idea since I didn’t start going to HHN till 2013 and I have houses from before than I wish I could go though and I’m sure other fans have houses they wish they could do. Just an idea I had that I want to hear your guys thoughts on this.
I would hate this. Trying to recreate the magic of houses past would be an exercise in futility that would almost certainly fail to live up to the original houses' success. The event already reuses props/tactics/scenic aspects to an extent that I wish they didn't. I'm all for new and creative haunt ideas.

That being said, using past characters and other HHN lore within newly created themes and ideas is something I could more easily get behind. Something more akin to the Sweet 16 event.

I would hate this. Trying to recreate the magic of houses past would be an exercise in futility that would almost certainly fail to live up to the original houses' success. The event already reuses props/tactics/scenic aspects to an extent that I wish they didn't. I'm all for new and creative haunt ideas.

That being said, using past characters and other HHN lore within newly created themes and ideas is something I could more easily get behind. Something more akin to the Sweet 16 event.

To be fair, there's only so many tactics they can possibly do. I feel like any idea I could come up with, has probably been done already. It would be fun to discuss potential new techniques. I'd love to see them take another stab at an "open" floor plan.

One idea I had was for a house with one monster (maybe an alien, IDK), that you don't actually see until the final scene. Throughout the house you would see its victims, and it would drool and breathe on you in darkness--so basically a house version of AE. Would be something fairly unique for a house environment.

Ultimately, this is why I'm strongly against there being more than ten houses. They like to go some time without using certain effects in order to make them feel fresh, and increasing the number of houses would force them to use more effects each year, making the event feel stale.

Sweet 16 was my first year, so yeah, I'd totally be on board for this sort of thing at 30. Spec next year should be a lot of fun, since we can talk about what sequels we might see (super happy to get Nightingales this year, though :)).

Last edited:
One idea I had was for a house with one monster (maybe an alien, IDK), that you don't actually see until the final scene. Throughout the house you would see its victims, and it would drool and breathe on you in darkness--so basically a house version of AE. Would be something fairly unique for a house environment.
that was kinda the 2008 creatures maze. though the reason you didn't see the creature till the end, was because the suit was to big to fit in rooms, and the end room was the only area it'll "fit"

that was kinda the 2008 creatures maze. though the reason you didn't see the creature till the end, was because the suit was to big to fit in rooms, and the end room was the only area it'll "fit"

Yeah, sort of. I was more thinking something straight-up scary, though. Again, like AE. Creatures ended up being more about the rednecks than the Creatures, which was great fun, don't get me wrong. I just feel like sci-fi (especially space) horror is severely under-utilized at HHN.

Reactions: hhnlover
What do you guys think about HHN doing a full repeat year. Take fan favorites from every year and do an exact or close copy of the original house or SZ.

Sorry, but that's a big no. I can understand wanting to see a house from the past, but in this type of event it's real hard/near impossible to replicate the magic of the original. One reasons being the casts themselves, you're not going to have the same casts who kicked ass in the original, and that alone can change everything.

Not to mention some of the all time greats weren't as detailed or advanced as houses are now, so making a copy of the original can feel dated.

Also, we already have proof this doesn't work...American Werewolf in London. The original is one of the GOAT's, hands down. But when it came back pretty much exactly the same, it just didn't have the same spark.

As for scarezones, once again you have the issue with different casts, but you also have the issue of previous SZ's having very elaborate set pieces which might not be possible anymore as long as the daytime parade is still being used. Not to mention the sheer crowds of today would make them inefficient as heck.

Last edited:
Sorry, but that's a big no. I can understand wanting to see a house from the past, but in this type of event it's real hard/near impossible to replicate the magic of the original. One reasons being the casts themselves, you're not going to have the same casts who kicked ass in the original, and that alone can change everything.

Not to mention some of the all time greats weren't as detailed or advanced as houses are now, so making a copy of the original can feel dated.

Also, we already have proof this doesn't work...American Werewolf in London. The original is one of the GOAT's, hands down. But when it came back pretty much exactly the same, it just didn't have the same spark.

As for scarezones, once again you have the issue with different casts, but you also have the issue of previous SZ's having very elaborate set pieces which might be possible anymore as long as the daytime parade is still being used. Not to mention the sheer crowds of today would make them inefficient as heck.
Thanks for your input and everyone else’s:peace:

Last edited:

As for scarezones, once again you have the issue with different casts, but you also have the issue of previous SZ's having very elaborate set pieces which might be possible anymore as long as the daytime parade is still being used. Not to mention the sheer crowds of today would make them inefficient as heck.

7 and Revenge of Chucky provide a nice template with how to make modern scarezones work.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Hey @Legacy was LI2C a wrong spec for Nightingales: Blood pit? Idk if that’s too direct of a question for you to answer or not but I’m curious. Also what code name did it line up with?

Hey @Legacy was LI2C a wrong spec for Nightingales: Blood pit? Idk if that’s too direct of a question for you to answer or not but I’m curious. Also what code name did it line up with?

No Legacy but Li2C was/is speculated because someone on Twitter posted 3 “speculation” posts, one of which including a leaked copy of the Stranger Things art, and the other two were Ho1C and Li2C. Could still happen though considering Nightingales came out of left field

I've never felt like Leave It 2 Cleaver is coming, one.

Second, they've evidently been changing code names on the fly for the last couple months. The "final" codename for Nightingales was actually "Discus." But it likely was "Pit" based on the title.

Thanks guys for the answers! It’s funny that nightingales is happening this year because I was talking with a friend of mine that reads other forums and said he heard that nightingales was being planned but for 30 so when I saw it for 29 I had a little chuckle

Reactions: BoSoxFan1022
Thanks guys for the answers! It’s funny that nightingales is happening this year because I was talking with a friend of mine that reads other forums and said he heard that nightingales was being planned but for 30 so when I saw it for 29 I had a little chuckle

I'm hoping they're allowed five originals for 30. It's more forgivable for this year to be heavier in the IPs department.

I'm hoping they're allowed five originals for 30. It's more forgivable for this year to be heavier in the IPs department.
I don’t think it’s up for debate on 5 originals I believe it is happening this year and I kind of think it’s a set standard now (I could be wrong) but I’m hoping next year they let them do a heavy original year with like 2-3 IPs and then I see a couple heavy IP years basically like the lead up to 25 and then what we’ve seen till now. It’s almost “cookie cutter” feeling but who knows