Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 215 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I definitely see your point. There is clearly more gore/violence present in GoT than StrTh. And more characters that could be considered horror. My point was simply that as a whole, the tone of StrTh is designed to be closer to horror than GoT, which is better categorized as fantasy.

Additional thoughts: I’m also not claiming that GoT doesn’t have the potential to be an impressive house. My only point before was that I, personally, would prefer to see predominantly horror properties over non-predominantly horror properties that have elements of horror (This applies to StrTh and Ghostbusters as well, imo).

I would prefer to see IP’s represented that have a natural fit (in tone) for the event rather than properties (albeit, cool properties like GoT) that could be manipulated in order to fit the tone of the event.

Personally I'm all for anything that can be made into a kickass house. When it comes to straight on horror properties, most of them are "been there done that" for HHN now. I'm fine with some properties that aren't "traditional horror" coming to the event as long as they're interesting and can still make for a scary house.

Personally I'm all for anything that can be made into a kickass house. When it comes to straight on horror properties, most of them are "been there done that" for HHN now. I'm fine with some properties that aren't "traditional horror" coming to the event as long as they're interesting and can still make for a scary house.

Probably the best point I've seen.

Probably the best point I've seen.

That can be literally said about everything TBH. “I don’t want to go to Universal been there done that”. Can replace Universal with any theam park, Disney, Sea World, Six Flages, etc. The same can also be said about HHN as a whole but people keep coming and maybe more than once a year. We all know why it’s different everytime.

Reactions: Water Bottle
That can be literally said about everything TBH. “I don’t want to go to Universal been there done that”. Can replace Universal with any theam park, Disney, Sea World, Six Flages, etc. The same can also be said about HHN as a whole but people keep coming and maybe more than once a year. We all know why it’s different everytime.

I don't think you're picking up what I'm putting down. I'm not saying seeing another Halloween or Freddy or Jason house is bad. I'm saying that between those "traditional horror" IPs and something new that might not be the first thing you think of when you think horror, but still might be able to be made into an awesome house, I'd rather see the latter.

Here here! I'm all for properties and concepts which might not be full-on horror being made into houses, after all variety is the spice of life. Not to mention just because a IP is "traditional horror", doesn't mean it'll end up as a good house. We've seen good IP's just whiff as a house. Conversely, there've been IP's/concepts which are on the nontraditional side, and they kicked ass.

Naturally it's all a risk if something nontraditional turns out good or not, but I'd like to see them take that risk.

So here’s the lineup of the 6 IPs I want for 29:

Stranger Things, It OR Conjuring, Suspiria, House of 1000 Corpses, Hellraiser, Us.

What I think we’ll actually get:

Stranger Things, House of 1000 Corpses, KKFOS, Us, and Hellraiser or Ghostbusters.

This way it fills up all of the slots that are unofficially occurring every year:

Headliner Ticket Driver: Stranger Things(previously ST, TWD, AHS)

Classic:Hellraiser/Ghostbusters(previousl-y Shining, Poltergeist, Exorcist)

Modern Horror IP: Us(previously Halloween 4 in place of 2018, Saw)

Cult Classic: KKFOS(previously TrT, Krampus, Ash vs Evil Dead)

Synergy: House of 1000 Corpses for 3 From Hell(previously Blumhouse 1+2)

Wildcard: If we do have 6 IPs then I guess Ghostbusters in here? Not really sure what the 6th IP slot would encompass
I could honestly see this as a lineup for the event, if US only able to be given a chance at the event, but the rest of the line up looks really killer.

What do you guys think about HHN doing a full repeat year. Take fan favorites from every year and do an exact or close copy of the original house or SZ. Bring back Fear as an icon with the story from HHNXX and the other icons as well. I think this could be a cool idea since I didn’t start going to HHN till 2013 and I have houses from before than I wish I could go though and I’m sure other fans have houses they wish they could do. Just an idea I had that I want to hear your guys thoughts on this.

It would be really cool but I feel like they would probably save that idea for an anniversary year and only make the repeat originals have sequels or requels or possibly mashups like they have been doing a lot recently, as for the icons, it would be nice to the many that haven't gotten much of their due after the past years but hopefully the higher ups don't get in the way and start chopping on certain things to make it more and more ip based and having the originals take another backseat ride you know. As for Fear being brought back as an icon, I'd still wait a bit because they gave him a big thing only to give him a scarezone when he should have been in the house, the same treatment they had given to Lady Luck, so he definitely needs fresh backstory if they were to bring him back as well.

That would be a perfect idea for it to be used next year, an anniversary year and stuff, I think it would be better suited for next year and see what else they'd bring to us at this year's event, I would not doubt Hollywood might be bringing back as a sequel this year after the many great reviews they've been given about it and the praise it was given during their presentation at Monsterpalooza.

With the new 'Horror Store' now opened in the old T2 shop having loads of merchandise for Psycho, Classic Monsters etc, I would love to see Universal capitalise on this and make houses based on these franchises.
I know Psycho has been done, but it has been a while, and Classic Monsters would just be fantastic to see on the East coast.

With the new 'Horror Store' now opened in the old T2 shop having loads of merchandise for Psycho, Classic Monsters etc, I would love to see Universal capitalise on this and make houses based on these franchises.
I know Psycho has been done, but it has been a while, and Classic Monsters would just be fantastic to see on the East coast.

I do find it interesting that they took the time to re-brand the merch store now, when they could have had it done for last year's HHN, and they should be announcing the new show/attraction relatively soon.

so someone on HNN said they had a good source, and they said IT and chucky are coming to the event...

I could see it happening. When the news HMH wasn't taking place this year I was honestly surprised, because with IT Chapter 2 (sequel to one of the highest grossing horror films ever) coming out Sept 6 I was wondering why WB wouldn't want to capitalize on that by having an IT haunt for synergy. This could be their solution to that since they aren't able to hold the event this year, while also maximizing profit from licensing and merchandising. If the teams already had a pitch for last year, then Murdy and Mike's tweets about a last minute massive house pitch that was hugely successful, with little prep time and with someone Murdy grew up being a fan of, for an IP nobody thought they'd do....it would all makes sense if it ends up being IT. This year's synergy house, or another thought, they got the original film like the Halloween 4-Halloween 2018 situation of last year and there's this year's classic maze. With Chucky being more the synergy maze if true.

I could be way off, just adding to the speculation lol.

so someone on HNN said they had a good source, and they said IT and chucky are coming to the event...
Oh God. Don't get my hopes up for IT. I joined this site last year to ask about the possibility of IT coming to HHN. After being shut down 1000 times, I've lost all hope lol.