Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

What's with the crappy one-piece, rigid, plastic masks?

I was really excited for this house but the costumes in the video look HORRIBLE! The solid unmovable masks, at least.

Did people love that?

Now I'm worried about this house...

Someone talk me off the ledge...
The house was a last second design and build after Transformers replaced Bldg 44. They developed the whole house from scratch in about 4 months. It actually wasn’t even complete opening weekend.

The masks were both a cost-saving measure and an effect-based decision. The whole house was in black and white, and used a good amount of strobe to mimic old film projection (while hiding its cheapness).

Universal Monsters is going to be a completely different animal.

If they're following a similar schedule as last year, I would say it will either be Klowns (assuming it's coming), or some details on the scarezones/show(s).

here's a speculation map on hnn (note probably won't work because im on a school filter).
236OrFZ.png

here's what the map says basically.
Ghostbusters - Soundstage 22

Appalachian Yeti - Soundstage 24B

Unknown Original - Soundstage 24A

Stranger Things - Soundstage 25

House of 1000 Corpses - MIB Tent

Unknown Original - Sprung Tent 2

Nightingales: Blood Pit - Sprung Tent 1

Universal Monsters - New Parade Building

Unknown Original - Parade Building

Killer Klownz from Outer Space - Shrek 4D Theater 2

here's a speculation map on hnn (note probably won't work because im on a school filter).
236OrFZ.png

Does the place that posted that image have a good track record for this sort of thing? I saw their speculated map from last year and they guessed a few of the houses at the very least.

Does the place that posted that image have a good track record for this sort of thing? I saw their speculated map from last year and they guessed a few of the houses at the very least.

Yes, because they take the “spec” part of the spec map from the forums (and I’m sure one of the higher ups at Nightmares probably has their sources) which means they’re always on tune with them.